SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-14-2004, 04:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Keyboard Shortcuts

Sage V2

I did a search for 'keyboard shortcut' and could not find any post that pointed to a list of keyboard shortcuts for Sage TV.

Does such a list exist? If so where?

I would like to tweak a couple of the buttons on the Hauppauge remote.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2004, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Quote:
Originally posted by spike5884
I did a search for 'keyboard shortcut' and could not find any post that pointed to a list of keyboard shortcuts for Sage TV.

Does such a list exist? If so where?
Unless it has changed, there is a list of default keyboard commands here. But, you can easily go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Commands & either look atthe entire list of commands via the "Link ... Command" option or use "Show ... Keystroke" to view what command a key is currently associated with.

Quote:
I would like to tweak a couple of the buttons on the Hauppauge remote.
You can do this 2 ways:[list=1][*]Edit irremote.ini, change the key assignment for a button, & assign the new keystroke to a command in SageTV. Be sure to restart ir.exe. This leaves the old key command in place.[*]Leave the key assignment in irremote.ini & simply change its meaning in SageTV by assigning it to a different command.[/list=1]
- Andy
Old 05-14-2004, 06:42 AM
Sage User

I think the docs could list default keyboard shortcuts as well....

Also it would be nice to have a on screen interface to access commands, maybe a remote control. with common controls like home, ff, rwd, pause, LiveTV, ff2, rwd2, PVR list, Sch Recording.

Then you dont have to remember the key commands or navigate the menus.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_PVR
Also it would be nice to have a on screen interface to access commands, maybe a remote control. with common controls like home, ff, rwd, pause, LiveTV, ff2, rwd2, PVR list, Sch Recording.

Then you dont have to remember the key commands or navigate the menus.
?? I don't know what you mean here... you can use a remote control to access all available commands. You can define how commands are mapped within SageTV. I barely paid attention to the actual key commands until the original v2 beta came out & didn't have mouse support yet. (For new users: yes, it has full mouse support now.)

- Andy
Old 05-14-2004, 06:55 AM
Sage Icon

I think he was refering to a remote displayed on the OSD, at least that is what I gathered. I kind of like the idea actually.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:06 AM
Sage User

Actually, not even on the OSD, just a separate app on the PC.

When I'm watching on the TV, I use the actual remote, but when watching on the PC it be easier just to have a remote on screen.

I made a quick VB app to do just that using sendmessage commands.

Even a skin for the SageTV window that has commands similar to WinTV would help.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Oh, now I get it. I know you have your own app now, but that sounds like something that has probably been done. I wonder if anyone else has heard of such a program...

If you make yours general purpose enough, or at least configurable for SageTV, you could always start a new thread & make it available for others.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.