SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stach View Post
_Demo_ attached are the logs from my HD200 when it locked up in extender mode playing MP3's. Unfortunately there was no log file in the installation directory on the SageTV Server.

Let us know if you find anything or if you need additional info from me.
-Stach
I didn't see anything about the lockup. If it happens again can you also send the output of running the command "ps" and "dmesg" through telnet.

Thanks

_Demo_
Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Demo_ View Post
I didn't see anything about the lockup. If it happens again can you also send the output of running the command "ps" and "dmesg" through telnet.

Thanks

_Demo_
_Demo_, thanks for checking it out. I've got the HD200 playing MP3's again and will post the results when it locks up. Do you have any idea why I couldn't find the error file on my SaveTV server? Just in case it matters, here is my configuration:

I have an HD200 running in Extender mode connected to a v7 server. My 1080p LCD is connected via HDMI, but I power it off after queing up the MP3's. While the MP3's are playing, the music screen saver bounces around the screen displaying a shiny CD with song information beside it (in case the screen saver has a memory leak or something).

Let me know if you need anything else and hopefully I'll post some more information soon after it locks up.

-Stach
Old 02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Demo_ View Post

Thanks

_Demo_
_Demo_, attached are the output files from the latest lockup....it took hours to lockup this time.

Also, when it stops playing MP3's for me, the red light is still on, but the green light is no longer flashing. If I try o power it back on, the green light goes on for about 1 second, but the it goes right back out.

Thanks again for trying to figure out this lockup!
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg.txt (15.8 KB, 191 views)
File Type: txt messages.0.txt (200.0 KB, 222 views)
File Type: txt messages.txt (64.0 KB, 149 views)
File Type: txt ps.txt (1.6 KB, 145 views)
Old 02-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Sage User

_Demo_, are you going to have a chance to take a look at the above files? If not, do I need to post this in a different forum/message?

Thanks in advance!
Stach
Old 02-09-2011, 09:28 AM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stach View Post
_Demo_, are you going to have a chance to take a look at the above files? If not, do I need to post this in a different forum/message?

Thanks in advance!
Stach
I had missed the previous notification. I have looked at the files and I'm wondering if it could be a network or visualisation issue. Could you run dmesg after doing music playback for a while but before the issue happen and let me know if it contains those "tango2_enet couldn't send skb to IOP" lines?

Thanks

_Demo_
Old 02-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Sage User

_Demo_, sorry that it's taken so long to get the files (2 sick kids under 4 yrs old), but attached is the output that you requested. The HD200 has been playing MP3's now for over an hour and has yet to lockup. Is there any way to turn off the visualization?

Let us know what you find.
-Stach
Attached Files
File Type: txt ps.txt (1.8 KB, 151 views)
File Type: txt dmesg.txt (15.7 KB, 184 views)