SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Sage User

Wrong Recorded Show Duration

I downloaded the trial version of SageTV 2.0 and I am having a problem when recording shows.

I selected to record two shows back-to-back from the Sage TV Guide. Both shows are 30 mins long. The shows have been recorded correctly, however when I watch them in SageTV their length is wrongly reported as being 5 minutes and the time they have been recorded is also wrong. The actual MPEG2 video clips are correct, just the information in SageTV is wrong. Now the problem is that I cannot really play them in SageTV since it will just allow me to play the first 5 minutes of each show (and the remote commands do not work properly either.)

Hee is the odd part: If I rename the recorded video clips by removing the numeric part of their name (in one case it was -42123-0) and refresh the media library, then the clip duration and recording time is properly recognized and I can play them fine.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but in the setup I changed both the default Video Directory and the Import Library Directory to c:\MyVideos.

From what I can see there seems to be a bug or I am doing something wrong.

In addition, shouldn't shows that I recorded with SageTV show up in the Archived Shows Recorded with SageTV menu? All my shows old and newly recorded show only in the Improted Video Files menu.

The last glitch I see is that I tried to delete an imported video (recorded with WinTV 2000) and SageTV did not delete it.

Thanks for any help.

Valerio