SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Custom - list view only

I'm trying to set up sagetv to list MyMovies @ the main menu and when that is selected it goes directly to the List View.

I modified the main menu and it shows MyMovies, so far all is good. I then went to video menu options -> MyMovies Options and created a custom view. I set it to hide all views except List View.

Now when I expand the MyMovies I see 2 selections - List View and MM Folders. What I'd like to do is have it go directly to the List View - no sub menu. Note that I have View Custom Views as submenu disabled. Both of the selections (List & MMFolders) don't appear to be accessible. If I hit enter on the MyMovies main menu item I can see my movies, but they're in the Wall View. If I set the view to List View it reverts back to Wall view once I press the left arrow key (instead of going back to the main menu). Then I can finally get back to the main menu.

Disabling the custom view doesn't appear to change anything. If I turn custom view back on, then re-enable the views, then turn off custom view the MyMovies submenu shows all the views.

BTW - I'm running this on a Win 7 Ult. x64 client w/SageTV v7.0.23.246 and SMM v1.18 Beta.

So, what am I doing wrong and how do I get to where I want to be?

Last edited by Bizarroterl; 01-04-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Sage Expert

I believe you want to highlight the view you want to use as a default and use the "Favorite" option in Sage. I think the default key sequence for "Favorite" is Control-K.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 01-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

Per the wiki.

Quote:
How do I change the default view when hitting MyMovies from the Home Screen?

Open the submenu with all views. Highlight the view that you would like to use and hit the "Favorite" button.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Sage User

FYI I found this in another thread a few days ago... Was a PITA to find it.

The other colored buttons functions are:

Red: Sets show as Don't Like.
Green: Sets show as Favorite.
Yellow: Brings up Options menu.
Blue: Sets show as Watched.

Hope it helps ya!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok I was able to get the list view as my default thanks to what was posted here and the wiki. In trying to get it to go from MyMovies on the main menu directly to my custom view (a list view) it works, but I still have a problem.

I'm still a newb so please be patient. I'm running this on a Win 7 box but the plan is to use extenders exclusively if I can get it configured the way I like.

If I have the main menu up I then use the up/down arrows until MyMovies is the current selection. I then hit the right key and it doesn't go directly into the view I set up. It opens a submenu with MMfolders, and my custom view (which isn't named properly-should be Movies but it shows as MoviesListView).

How do I get it to go directly into my custom view without showing the submenu when I hit the right key? I do have submenu disabled in MyMovies options.

Last edited by Bizarroterl; 01-05-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjax View Post
FYI I found this in another thread a few days ago... Was a PITA to find it.

The other colored buttons functions are:

Red: Sets show as Don't Like.
Green: Sets show as Favorite.
Yellow: Brings up Options menu.
Blue: Sets show as Watched.

Hope it helps ya!
Thanks. Actually that info is in the manual - pg 269-273 in the Remote commands.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarroterl View Post
Ok I was able to get the list view as my default thanks to what was posted here and the wiki. In trying to get it to go from MyMovies on the main menu directly to my custom view (a list view) it works, but I still have a problem.

I'm still a newb so please be patient. I'm running this on a Win 7 box but the plan is to use extenders exclusively if I can get it configured the way I like.

If I have the main menu up I then use the up/down arrows until MyMovies is the current selection. I then hit the right key and it doesn't go directly into the view I set up. It opens a submenu with MMfolders, and my custom view (which isn't named properly-should be Movies but it shows as MoviesListView).

How do I get it to go directly into my custom view without showing the submenu when I hit the right key? I do have submenu disabled in MyMovies options.
It is sages menu that is confusing you. Hit enter to go to default. Right arrow always opens the submenu. Enter performs default action if there is one.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Thanks. Actually that info is in the manual - pg 269-273 in the Remote commands.
Haha Biz, I am sure it is.. I guess the old addage RTFM is in need!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
It is sages menu that is confusing you. Hit enter to go to default. Right arrow always opens the submenu. Enter performs default action if there is one.
So am I stuck with the submenu? I was hoping I could get it to work the same for enter and the right arrow with both going to the default.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So am I stuck with the submenu? I was hoping I could get it to work the same for enter and the right arrow with both going to the default.
Nope sorry that isn't how sage's menu works and this plugin doesn't mod the default behavior.