SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

HD300 composite and HDMI work together now?

Hey Guys,

I know when the HD300 first came out there was talk about the HD300 composite out not working when the HDMI was plugged in. Well, I have the HD300 connected to a TV via HDMI and to a Slingbox via composite. I forgot to unplug the HDMI cable from the TV but just noticed that my Slingbox Mobile (using my Droid) is still working just fine. I didn't think this worked?

Did this change in a recent firmware update? Can I expect this behavior to continue? I was just testing the setups and don't want to set everything up based on this working only for it to quit working in maybe the next firmware udpate

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have the same setup, and I could of swore it always worked like this. But I change things around so often I can't be a 100% sure. Anyways, I sure do LOVE it that it outputs to both at the same time!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hmm... after reading some more posts here, it looks like the manual, while it mentions the HDMI cannot be *connected* maybe it actually means the HDMI source cannot be active? That is what it kinda sounds like here...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...hdmi+composite

I left my TV off so the HDMI isn't being used. I'm not home to test this but that may be it... just can't use them at the same time and the composite is working because the HDMI is not actually in use?

Will have to fiddle more later