SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone know why an HD-PVR would randomly use a .mpg container instead of .ts?

I don't have encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream set to true anywhere in the Sage.properties file but some recordings seem to be randomly contained in a .mpg instead of a .ts. What could cause this?
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 01-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, figured this one myself.

I have three hd-pvr's and under Detailed Setup > Multimedia > Recording Quality I had the Default Quality set to Best-H.264. Each of the tuners were set to Default. This caused the bug explained in my first post. Setting each HD-PVR to Best-H264 fixed the problem.

The bug manifested itself in a couple ways:
1) The container was .mpg instead of .ts
2) The audio quality was 384Kbps@48kHz Stereo

With the new settings:
1) The container is .ts.
2) The audio quality is 448Kbps@48kHz 5.1

I was able to observe the bug most frequently with Comedy Central recording of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

Hopefully this helps anyone else with the same problem.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7