SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can you set HD-300 so it defaults to HD Audio

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find anything after several attempts at searching...I finally upgraded my receiver to an HD audio capable unit. I had packaged my mkv's such that track one is AC3 and track 2 is what ever HD track is available (e.g. DTS-MA or THD). I tested a file and I was able to get the HD track to play back. Unfortunately it seems the HD300 defaults to the AC3 stream...is there any way that I can set it to default always to an HD stream if one is available? I know I can select audio by mashing the "audio" button on the remote, but unfortunately, my setup doesn't easily tell you what stream is selected, so I'd like to avoid that...

thanks,

mv
Old 01-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I vaguely recall seeing an option somewhere under the setup menu (general options?) that was specific for setting up the audio -- however it may have been HDMI specific since that is what I've got.. Unfortunately I'm not in front of my HD300 so I can't be sure.. Also, that may have been specific to the SageTV server and not specifically the HD300 -- YMMV!