SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Sage Icon

Just finally got to watch all the preview videos. OMFG, great job.

One little blooper - in the "User watched playback" video, right at the beginning, on the "Watch TV" menu, it says "Futrue airings" instead of "Future airings".

One question - and I couldn't follow the videos closely enough to tell - when you change user, does it remember all the default views, backgrounds, menus and submenus, color schemes, transparency levels, etc., etc., for each user?

One other thing I noticed (I think?) which would cause WAF issues is that, unless I missed it (or it was not shown), I did not see an option for the TV guide (grid type). Is this in there somewhere? It may have just not been shown in the videos. If not, I am guessing you could always add a custom menu item to take you to the default grid. Either way... wow, Ortus looks truly spectacular.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Sage User

This looks fantastic! Count me in if you need additional testers.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
The scrapper shouldn't mangle too much, but it is a beta right now
Hopefully that is a typo and not a Freudian slip and you mean scraper rather than scrapper
Old 02-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Just to clarify and I haven't used this. But the dynamic menu should still work with smm just fine just not their media browser and you won't be able to to instant views up top like they are, but given it is a dynamic menu you should be able to add any smm view you want to it and with allow static context like Ben mentioned you can actually get some functions you can't get with the current default menu.

Correct me if I am wrong I am just assuming
You can link to any menu, so you should be able to link to SMM from any main menu item or sub-menu item...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Just finally got to watch all the preview videos. OMFG, great job.

One little blooper - in the "User watched playback" video, right at the beginning, on the "Watch TV" menu, it says "Futrue airings" instead of "Future airings".

One question - and I couldn't follow the videos closely enough to tell - when you change user, does it remember all the default views, backgrounds, menus and submenus, color schemes, transparency levels, etc., etc., for each user?

One other thing I noticed (I think?) which would cause WAF issues is that, unless I missed it (or it was not shown), I did not see an option for the TV guide (grid type). Is this in there somewhere? It may have just not been shown in the videos. If not, I am guessing you could always add a custom menu item to take you to the default grid. Either way... wow, Ortus looks truly spectacular.
Sorry about that, guess I am going to have to fire my spell checker..

The menu configuration and other settings including watched/playback position will be stored per user and switch based on the current user settings. The settings are also system wide, so if you switch to a user on a different extender/client, the settings will follow you...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-01-2011, 03:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Hopefully that is a typo and not a Freudian slip and you mean scraper rather than scrapper
Well, you just never know with a beta...
Old 02-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robomonkey View Post
Yeh, looks alright, I could beta test, but dunno if I'd report any bugs tho.
Ya, thats cos your a lazy git.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Thats because there is no TV guide at the moment... there are currently 4 plugins being tested (main menu, media browser, detailed info screen & media player osd) + external plugins (scraper and web ui). Once these are finished we will make a start on a guide (which I already know what its going to look like) and other screens like music etc. We decided late last year not to make one massive STV but to create lots of small plugins which will all bolt together or can be used seperately depending on what the user wants to do.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:03 AM
Sage Icon

Oh, one other thing..... just because its gone into private beta it doesn't mean you'll be seeing these plugins anytime soon (you might but I doubt it). We still need to work through the bugs, spelling errors and suggestions/improvements from the beta testers to make the final version as complete as we can.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is looking really nice, love all the clean lines and freshness of the UI

I'd be quite happy to do some testing for you, if not, well, I'll patiently wait to try it out when it's released
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Oh, one other thing..... just because its gone into private beta it doesn't mean you'll be seeing these plugins anytime soon (you might but I doubt it). We still need to work through the bugs, spelling errors and suggestions/improvements from the beta testers to make the final version as complete as we can.
No worries, no pressure. I think I speak for a bunch of us that we're glad to see this project coming to fruition. It looks amazing and I think we all understand the types of unforeseen issues that can/will arise. A well developed/polished product that takes time to refine is better than something haphazardly thrown together and pushed out imo.

So, I guess I can stop holding my breath.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Sage User

Looks awesome guys....

Can't wait to see how things progress.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Looks very nice. One question; will all the effects and such (such as dialog boxes fading into the background) work and display just like they did in the videos? Also, will it compatible with the Diamond theme, or does it have it's own theme? I really liked the clean, white look from the videos.

Oops, I meant on an Extender.

Last edited by tonysathre; 02-03-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Sage Icon

Nice work Team Ortus, it looks amazing. Now I understand why this project is so much work.

Is there a reason why you guys felt the need to develop your own media scraper and not just use BMT?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Sage Icon

Still looking for more beta testers?!?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

slightly off topic (not beta test related) but i wanted to say this is wonderful looking, just really top notch.

i'm assuming this will also work through HD300 and HD200?

cheers
Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
slightly off topic (not beta test related) but i wanted to say this is wonderful looking, just really top notch.

I agree.

No offense to the Sage developers but they could learn a thing or two about UI design from the Ortus team.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
Is there a reason why you guys felt the need to develop your own media scraper and not just use BMT?
Mainly because we needed to populate our database as well as the SageDB, it also gives us greater flexability and control over we wanted to achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Still looking for more beta testers?!?
I think we have enough now, thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
Yes.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I agree.

No offense to the Sage developers but they could learn a thing or two about UI design from the Ortus team.
CEO stated before that they are not UI designers but the sage developers did a wonderful job in adding stuff SageTV users been asking and wanting. They laid the ground work for plugins and for other people to make nicer UIs.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
CEO stated before that they are not UI designers but the sage developers did a wonderful job in adding stuff SageTV users been asking and wanting. They laid the ground work for plugins and for other people to make nicer UIs.
I'm in the same boat as I don't care about aesthetics as much as function. Make it work, then make it pretty. Good thing we have devs that work so hard to make that happen. I wonder if Jeff has ever thought of recruiting them?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I wonder if Jeff has ever thought of recruiting them?
They probably have but why would they need to do that when they have people doing it for free!!!