SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Recorder Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Recorder Software Discussion related to the SageTV Recorder application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Recorder should be posted here.

Old 05-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Sage User

Widescreen TV Support in SageRecorder 1.5?

I updated my installations of SageTV and SageRecorder last week. On this page: http://www.sage.tv/sagerecorder.html it says:

---------------------------------------------------------------
PC-based Features of SageTV Recorder:

-- Widescreen (16:9) TV support - zoom options, screen shifting, background overlay
---------------------------------------------------------------

Where is this 16:9 support implemented? I've looked all through the menus and can't find anything that wasn't there before. I'm especially interested in the "screen shifting" since when recording, I'm also viewing 4:3 material on a 16:9 screen and would like to avoid burnin.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Sage User

Where are all the support guys that used to hang out here?
Old 05-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mary H
Where are all the support guys that used to hang out here?
I'm guessing that most people using Recorder are simply using it through SageTV to use networked tuners. Are you watching through Recorder, or SageTV?

If Recorder, what does its manual say about its setup options?

If SageTV, go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Video Orbiting Duration. (I _think_.) Try that.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply.

When I'm just watching, I use SageTV. But sometimes I want to manually record something from my DirecTIVO, or even VHS sources. At that time, I usually watch while it's recording, which might take 2 or 3 hours for a movie. The HTPC doesn't have it's own monitor, but outputs to a widescreen HDTV. Thus my question.

And the text I quoted in my original message is definitely on the SageTV Recorder page, not SageTV. Please note the URL I included. If SageTV Recorder doesn't do this, then it shouldn't be listed in the features.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mary H
And the text I quoted in my original message is definitely on the SageTV Recorder page, not SageTV. Please note the URL I included. If SageTV Recorder doesn't do this, then it shouldn't be listed in the features.
Yup, I noticed things correctly. I only offered comments since this sat here for a few days; I don't use Recorder. This forum doesn't seem to get nearly as much traffic as the others, so not as many people notice posts here, it seems.

If no one using Recorder comes by to give an answer, I would suggest that you contact Frey's tech support directly.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Sage User

Thanks for trying to help, Opus4. I do appreciate it.

As it happens, though, since I asked this question I've had to go back to SageRecorder 1.4. There were constant problems with 1.5, including random loss of audio, inability to use preview mode, and/or application freezing in preview mode or when beginning to record. I don't believe these problems are specific to my setup, because they occurred on two separate HTPC's in my home, both of which are very stable with a variety of Home Theater applications. These problems don't happen in 1.4.

Seems to me that 1.5 isn't ready for prime time, so I'll stick with 1.4 for now.