SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Sage Icon

Making V2.0 a seamless UI with rest of HTPC

Working on getting V2.0 to look/feel like rest of HTPC, of course in absence of the much-anticipated Studio.

Here's what I've done/am doing so family won't notice a difference in behavior or look/feel:

[note: i use myHTPC, TT, and Sage. No other apps currently. Music via myHTPC WMP plug-in]

1) Make background the same in myHTPC as well as Sage. Right now, I just re-used the SageTV\images\background[some#].jpg in myHTPC, but will likely make it a brand-neutral jpeg for both.

2) Change fonts in myHTPC to match SageV2

3) Attempt to implement stanger/salsbt's multi-group TaskCreate/switch Girder GML so the pause button is always pause, no matter the app.

4) Have topline menu icons in myHTPC to go directly to Library, LiveTVGuide, Archived shows screen in Sage. [this is done via Girder waking sage up, delay, switch focus, issue whatever command to go there]

Anything else I can do? Anything else you are doing?
Old 05-17-2004, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

For 4) you can use the -event command line parameter, ie have a button in myHTPC call sagetv.exe -event 18 to switch to the SageTV guide screen (FWIW I haven't tried this).

See here for more info.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

wow - very cool indeed, and much easier than the hack i was debugging [how long of a delay do i need, etc].

i have high hopes now indeed for the future usability of this setup by my architect father-in-law and elementary school mother-in-law.