SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
Tom,
Is there any update on this? I haven't seen a notification to update so I wasn't sure if this ever got done.

Thanks
I totally forgot I'll do it tonight when I get home. Apologies.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I totally forgot I'll do it tonight when I get home. Apologies.
I take it you forgot again?
Old 08-19-2011, 05:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I take it you forgot again?
No, I remembered. Just extremely busy at the moment (spent last night at "meet the teacher" for both kids) and it will take some time to fire up my other dev machine (used for this plugin). I'm really not ignoring you, I promise.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.141

New version in the repository with fixes by jpaddock3000.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Sage User

multi-user delete

Is it the normal behavior of this plugin that if a non-admin user logs in, they can delete a program from anyone, even admin? Shouldn't they be locked from that behavior?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwills75 View Post
Is it the normal behavior of this plugin that if a non-admin user logs in, they can delete a program from anyone, even admin? Shouldn't they be locked from that behavior?
There really isn't a non admin account. The "Admin" account is where you can add/remove users and modify specific settings and acts as if no one is logged in (IE: same behavior as if the plugin wasn't installed). The additional users all have the same permissions to the overall system. So if you were to select delete from multiple users and choose admin as the other user to delete from, it would delete from everybody as that is the core user.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Tom,
I just wanted to add a note that I also added the watched status markers being thrown if you are withing 5 minutes of the end of the show. I noticed that you only mentioned DVD Playback issues.

Thanks again for posting it. Surprisingly, my DVD resume playback is working perfectly on my production box. Odd, but hey, I'm happy!
Old 08-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
SWEET!!!
Love the 5 minute rule! Berry-Berry Nice.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
SWEET!!!
Love the 5 minute rule! Berry-Berry Nice.
Yeah, I'm liking it as well. I think it would be good if I add some additional logic based on the length of the media file. I'm noticing that a lot of Movies have 10+ minutes of credits, so the 5 minutes isn't quite cutting it. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah, I'm liking it as well. I think it would be good if I add some additional logic based on the length of the media file. I'm noticing that a lot of Movies have 10+ minutes of credits, so the 5 minutes isn't quite cutting it. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
Honestly I'm just grateful it's back the way I understood it to be.... anything more is gravy.

a couple options spring to mind:
1 - use percentage... 5 minutes is about 8% of an hour... seems about right and easier to calc 8-10% than various specific accommodations.

2- Alternately 'just' throw a question on the screen if you're less than x left (say 10 minutes) to ask if watched should be set.... I don't mind hitting the watched button on my own, mostly just don't think of it...

Personally I'm reluctant to 'interact' too much with the damn tv, so would lean towards the first....
Old 08-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Honestly I'm just grateful it's back the way I understood it to be.... anything more is gravy.

a couple options spring to mind:
1 - use percentage... 5 minutes is about 8% of an hour... seems about right and easier to calc 8-10% than various specific accommodations.

2- Alternately 'just' throw a question on the screen if you're less than x left (say 10 minutes) to ask if watched should be set.... I don't mind hitting the watched button on my own, mostly just don't think of it...

Personally I'm reluctant to 'interact' too much with the damn tv, so would lean towards the first....
I like the first option quite a bit. I think an even 10% would be good. So for a 30 minute show, within the last 3 minutes and an hour should, within the last 6 minutes, etc.

I will begin working on that.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Sage User

Were there any plans of implementing custom available channels per user?
Old 08-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I like the first option quite a bit. I think an even 10% would be good. So for a 30 minute show, within the last 3 minutes and an hour should, within the last 6 minutes, etc.

I will begin working on that.

Thanks!
OK, done.

Tom,
Do you think you can update the repository with this version of plugin.java?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Plugin.zip (6.0 KB, 135 views)
Old 08-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK, done.

Tom,
Do you think you can update the repository with this version of plugin.java?

Thanks
Just as an etiquette question I wonder if it's an implementation idea Tom wants to do?.... or if making these sorts of changes makes it sorta a spin-off plugin?
Old 08-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just as an etiquette question I wonder if it's an implementation idea Tom wants to do?.... or if making these sorts of changes makes it sorta a spin-off plugin?
That's Tom's call, but it makes sense to me to keep it in the same plugin. Plus, I'm not sure I want to tackle making my own plugin from scratch.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's Tom's call, but it makes sense to me to keep it in the same plugin. Plus, I'm not sure I want to tackle making my own plugin from scratch.
I prefer we don't have a spin-off, that just adds complications. I don't mind adding it in but if you plan on making multiple changes over a short period of time I rather you give me one update instead of several.

If you want to distribute the enhancements to specific people (or via the forums) without me updating the repository you can create a SageTVPluginsDev.xml file that points to your own repository. If you want help doing that just let me know, it will be a good way for you to learn how to create a plugin .xml.

The first thing you will need to do is find a place to host the files. I suggest Google Code because it's free, easy, and I know how to use it so I can give you help if you need it. Go to Google code and create a project if you want to get started.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I prefer we don't have a spin-off, that just adds complications. I don't mind adding it in but if you plan on making multiple changes over a short period of time I rather you give me one update instead of several.

If you want to distribute the enhancements to specific people (or via the forums) without me updating the repository you can create a SageTVPluginsDev.xml file that points to your own repository. If you want help doing that just let me know, it will be a good way for you to learn how to create a plugin .xml.

The first thing you will need to do is find a place to host the files. I suggest Google Code because it's free, easy, and I know how to use it so I can give you help if you need it. Go to Google code and create a project if you want to get started.
Tom,
The only other incremental change I can think of would be the sorting issue for the folder list. That isn't too high of a priority for me since we can change the sorting method to Season/Episode and it sorts as expected. If there are other enhancements that users want, let me know and I will see what items I would like to tackle and go down the path of my own dev repository.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, so I don't need multi-user support anymore and wonder if there's a way I can set all the watched stuff for user "b" to also reflect on the default user once I remove the plug-in? I'm guessing setting admin as a secondary user to user "b" and then simply remove the plug-in?...
Old 10-27-2011, 05:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, so I don't need multi-user support anymore and wonder if there's a way I can set all the watched stuff for user "b" to also reflect on the default user once I remove the plug-in? I'm guessing setting admin as a secondary user to user "b" and then simply remove the plug-in?...
I don't think that will help. I'm going from memory on this but I don't think there is an automated way to synchronize the status, sorry. If it's a big problem for you I can probably add something to do what you want but it will take some time.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If it's a big problem for you I can probably add something to do what you want but it will take some time.
That would be great! I guess it never occurred to me that after using the multi-user plugin there would be no way to uninstall it without loosing the status of watched, etc....

The only things that are relevant to me are the favorites and watched status. So my request would be to distill that info from any particular user and 'add' it to the global info... that way I can selectively add my stuff and my wife's to the global but not our old tenant, etc....

It is 'just' tv, so not the end of the world if I have to sort it out on my own, but it does seem like it would be useful in general to have an 'out' built in...
thanks!