SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

EPG changes - do you get US OTA stations for a Canada Postal Code?

As everyone who uses OTA has likely noticed Sage has made some changes for OTA lineups. But it seems like their (or more likely Zap2it's) info is incomplete. For example, for the OTA lineup for Toronto I only get Canadian stations I don't get any of the Buffalo stations.

Do others see the same problem?

When I changed my lineup as suggested by Sage it added all of the southern Ontario channels but then I had to run a channel scan to add all of the Buffalo channels. And the scan added invalid channel names - for example it called channel 2-1 WGRZ-HD rather than WGRZ-DT and it didn't get any data for WGRZ-HD. So I had to manually remap all of the US stations to the correct channel name. Arggh!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Sage User

I had.... US OTA listings and channels.
Then things went south. I installed v7 on Win7 and I've had to enter all the US OTA manually, and I can only get one of two HVR-1600 to work.
I want to trash the whole thing, it's nothing but frustration and stress ATM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Sage User

Wayner - the exact same thing happened to me. Followed the directions as Sage recommended, and ended up with a list of Canadian mapped channels with correct zap2it channel id's, but most (oddly not all) of the US stations required remapping.

I'm not even sure I've done it correctly. When I remapped a newly scanned channel, I selected the old channel with correct channel id in the list. My EPG doesn't extend out 14 days (only 11 days). I may have to redo my channel mapping i.e. creating new channels, and then mapping the scanned ones to it.

What's really rediculous here is that, prior to this change (is this a sage thing or zap2it?), I had to remap all my Canadian channels. I selected Buffalo as my source. Now, following Sage's instructions, I get all the Canadian channels id's correctly, but most of the US ones are given Sage id's.

We've talked about it before about making assigning channel id's easier. Having to do this is just irritating, especially when it should be easier.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Sage User

Weird, I had to reinstall v7.
When I redid the OTA setup, I was halted halfway through what I called the Canadian work around. Seems somethings been done in the updates to create a smoother OTA setup for us.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Administrator

SageTV has been trying to look into this with Zap2it. Could any of you provide an example postal code where the OTA lineup had missing channels?

And, please include some channel names and their station IDs for channels that are not in the lineup already.

Thanks.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Here is a site which gives a great list of all stations in the Toronto area which includes all postal codes that start with M.

http://www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/
Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Here is a site which gives a great list of all stations in the Toronto area which includes all postal codes that start with M.

http://www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/
Was that in reply to my request? If so, what we need is a postal code where the problem occurs and at least some channel names & station IDs that are not included in the lineup in SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes - it was in response to your request. One postal code is M1M 1J3. One thing to keep in mind is that Canadian postal codes are very granular as there are 850,000 postal codes and only about 10 million households so we are talking an average of less than 12 households per postal code. I am guessing that my problem is common to all postal codes in the Toronto region and all Toronto region postal codes start with the letter M.