SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-23-2019, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
Are we speaking of this Gadget? Attachment 17423 (change .txt to .gadget)

I had never tried it before but I installed it on another computer (non-SageTV Server) on my network. It worked exactly as it does on the SageTV Server machine. (All machines are Windows 10 64 bit and SageTV v9 is installed on the Server machine..)

Am I way off base?
Yeah, that's the one, also from the first post in this thread. Maybe I need to try and reinstall it. Oh, okay, I see the original download is gone. Thanks for the update link.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 11-23-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope. It just isn't going to connect to my 64 bit Sage install. Even tried an IP address in the Server: field, and computer name. I wonder what's different about the Jetty Webserver.

Shucks.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Nope. It just isn't going to connect to my 64 bit Sage install. Even tried an IP address in the Server: field, and computer name. I wonder what's different about the Jetty Webserver.
This is strange. I have no problem with either 64 bit machine displaying this gadget. See attached images. The Server is the computer name of the SageTV Server.

Gadget-1.JPG

Gadget-2.JPG

Did you use the file I posted? I can vouch for it but did not use the Link in the OP's post. Do you have any gadgets that work?
Old 11-23-2019, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

I actually uninstalled the original gadget and reinstalled the one from the file you linked to.

Is your SageTV server running SageTV 64 bit?

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 11-23-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I actually uninstalled the original gadget and reinstalled the one from the file you linked to.

When you say 64 bit machine, do you mean Windows 64 bit with SageTV 32 bit, or Windows 64 bit with SageTV 64 bit?
Oh! I missed that. I have SageTV v9 64 bit installed. However, I had this gadget installed prior to upgrading from 32 bit. Well, I don't really remember if it was the same gadget version (it was a while ago) but seems to me it was the same.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, Ron, that is exactly my scenario. A Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit machine that I just upgraded from SageTV 32 bit to 64 bit today, and the gadget stopped working.

I'll have to play with it a bit I guess.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

I didn’t look into what this gadget is or does but if it involves networking could it be a firewall needs to give the 64-bit .exe permission where the 32-bit one already had it?
Old 11-24-2019, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

That was a good thought, but I just re-checked, and I have pretty much all firewalls behind my router completely disabled.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the computer name maybe. I seem to recall an instance once where all my extenders couldn't find the server, and the server eventually appeared under some generic name. When I change the server name to an IP address in the settings it seems to attempt to make a lengthy connection check, but when I use the server name it just immediately says NA and can't connect.

I don't know. It's not super important that this works, but it was kind of nice.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I captured the communication between client Win 7 PC (mac 925c) and SageTV Win 7 PC (mac bd31) with Wireshark and attached the results. Anyone see anything there that would identify and resolve the issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wireshark.jpg (436.3 KB, 209 views)
Old 11-24-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That was a good thought, but I just re-checked, and I have pretty much all firewalls behind my router completely disabled.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the computer name maybe. I seem to recall an instance once where all my extenders couldn't find the server, and the server eventually appeared under some generic name. When I change the server name to an IP address in the settings it seems to attempt to make a lengthy connection check, but when I use the server name it just immediately says NA and can't connect.

I don't know. It's not super important that this works, but it was kind of nice.
Yes, the gadget is very sensitive to the Server name... it has to match exactly. I have used this gadget for many years and have run into this before... always a case of my clumsy fingers, however. <chuckle>

For those unfamiliar with the Gadget, I will just say that I would hate to do without it. I can at a glance monitor the SageTV server without actually starting SageTV -- or bringing it out of "back ground" running... or whatever happens to display it on the screen.

I shows me what shows are scheduled (when and where), shows what shows are currently recording, alerts for errors and plugin updates, how much disk space is used and how much is free. I can even start the SageTV program from it. It is one of those things (like heated car seats) that sound useless... until you have experienced it for awhile.