SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-20-2004, 08:33 AM

Do you have all settings other than the decoder in Sage set to default? ffdshow will not work with the decoder or Sage enabling the decoder with Hardware Acceleration.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I disable hardware acceleration in the nVidia systray, Sage won't play DVD's or video. So maybe the problem is before ffdshow enters the equation?
Old 05-20-2004, 08:46 AM

That is why I am curious what you DXVA settings in Sage are.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

As far as I can tell, I have everything set to default or Overlay. The nVidia systray tells me that the decoder is in DirectX VA mode D, whatever that means (hardware acceleration checkbox is checked). When I uncheck that box and attempt to play a DVD, I get a lockup.

It bears repeating: Thanks so much for your tireless, patient assistance. I really do appreciate it.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:00 AM

The fact that it says DirectX VA mode D may be odd since you are trying to run it in software mode. When I get home I will check and see what mine reports in software more.

It is acting like the DXVA Mode setting in Sage is set to D. There are two places for that. DVD and Video.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Which mode should I be in? Both Video and DVD are set to Default, but I could always force mode A B or C.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

If you want to use ffdshow, you can't use DXVA, so you should have all DXVA options in Sage set to default. Furthermore you need to uncheck HW accelleration in the nVidia control panel.

What Happens if you try an play that (or any DVD) in Windows Media Player, it should use the nVDVD codecs just like Sage?
Old 05-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

The same thing happens in Windows Media Player that happens in Sage. Specifically: When hardware acceleration is enabled through the nVidia systray, everything's cool. When I disable this, it won't play and locks up.

In other news, I get an error when I try to simply run the nvDVD trial in DVD player mode, but I don't think that's the problem -- all I need is the codec, I think.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:15 PM

Help with error

I have an error. when I try to watch Live TV in Sage 2 I get the following error;

There was a MPEG-2 video error in playback
Unable to connect demultiplexor to specified MPEG2 video decoder input pin ErrCode=0x80040217.

Anyone have Ideas?

Thanks
Old 05-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Re: Help with error

Quote:
Originally posted by Tinker
There was a MPEG-2 video error in playback
Unable to connect demultiplexor to specified MPEG2 video decoder input pin ErrCode=0x80040217.
This was your first post... was this in relation to ffdshow, or did you simply try to get SageTV installed & working? If you are just trying to get it working, see a few questions down in the first section of the Troubleshooting page.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:18 PM

Re: Re: Help with error

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
This was your first post... was this in relation to ffdshow, or did you simply try to get SageTV installed & working? If you are just trying to get it working, see a few questions down in the first section of the Troubleshooting page.

- Andy
I've been lurking for awhile. I have Sage up and running. I'm currently toying with dscaler but wanted to try ffdshow. I'm a total nubie but haven't had too much trouble except with ffdshow.

thanks