SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Sage User

I think I goofed again - Colossus supported?

Hi again,

After purchasing and using for a few days, my USB based Hauppauge HD-PVR seems to work mostly. Many times it will fail to pick up the video from my DirecTV HD STB. Obviously there should be no issue with signal since it is hooked via component and the STB always sends a full signal, even if it's a warning that the channel is unavailable or the signal is lost. So its the HD-PVR at fault here, I believe.

Hence, I decided to try a Colossus. I ordered friday and am waiting for delivery. I continued to peruse the forums and to my consternation find that only the beta version of SageTV will support the Colossus. Is this correct? I tend to shy away from beta, but it looks like I may be forced to install it.

Questions:

1. Has there been good sucess with the beta SageTV using the Colossus cards? Any bad issues with the beta? My only plugin is Commercial Detector by tmiranda.

2. How many Colossus cards are feasable in one server? I'm thinking of 3 Colossus cards plus my HD-PVR for a total of 4 HD sources. Workable?

My server is a Pentium Core 2 Quad (6600) system with 8 gigs ram. I'm probably going to need a new MB to support 3 PCIe cards I think. My current has two 1x and a 16x for Vid card. I'm wondering if I can use a plain jane PCI vid card (it's mostly a headless server accessed via RDP) and use the 16x slot for a Colossus. I've not had good success with using a PCIe slot for anything other than vid cards before.

Thanks folks!

Rick
Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Only the beta supports the Colossus. Search for the thread on the Colossus and all your questions will be answered.
Read: Colossus

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.