SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Sage User

What's the Latest Stable Version of SageTV?

I want to use the trial for a bit and decide. What's the latest version? Is it the one here that says version 7 and a 21 day trial? In the forums there seems to be several versions talked about.

Thanks a lot.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

What you have linked are the Release Candidate. The other talked in the forums maybe the betas. I wouldn't try the betas if you trying sage for the first time. Also, some of the plugins (like Diamond) may not be compatible with the RC.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Sage Expert

7.0.23 is the latest stable release and it is available from the sage.tv website http://www.sagetv.com/download.html 7.1 is in beta right now and it adds support for the Hauppauge Collossus. Diamond (a replacement UI) also requires 7.1 to run, but as QueOnda mentioned, try the stable release before jumping in the beta waters. Sage's betas are usually pretty stable but there have been dragons about in the latest beta releases. Oh and most importantly, welcome
Old 03-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage User

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Sage User

Boy, I don't think I've ever installed software that asked so many set up questions. After an hour and a half I gave up for the night.

Win 7 Media Center for all its little problems sure sets up a lot easier than SageTV. SageTV doesn't recognize my Hauppauge*WinTV-HVR-2250 card and wants me to confirm another Hauppauge card. It asks me to pick one of six or so selections about channels? I don't have clue what they mean. For a lot of the other questions I tried to make an educated guess.

I thought I knew my way around an HTPC having built several computers but SageTV, I guess, has shown me I don't know jack. I'm really disappointed, I wanted this to be a lot easier.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Sage Icon

I believe the 2250 is supported: http://sagetv.com/requirements.html?sageSub=tv

Sagetv is very customizable. It can be overwhelming in the beginning. Allot of people here are ex- windows media center users. Some, like myself, are ex- BTV users. There are some other coverts of other software (too many to name).

Never used the 2250 but make sure you have the latest drivers. If you have another tuner card installed at the same time as the 2250, see if it's supported. If the other card is not support pull it out.

This is not the same problem your having but maybe might point you in the right direction (i didn't read through it) http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...highlight=2250

Search the forums, read the manual, ask questions and use the 21 days.

I was overwhelmed at first because it was confusing, lots of setup but I love my system.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Sage User

Thanks, I'll try to disable Win 7 Media Center. I only have the one tuner card and am pretty sure I have the latest driver but will double check that.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

Before you use the trial (or any other trial software), you should take an image of your computer. You can then re-install the trial if there are installation problems, or completely uninstall the trial by recovering to the pre-install image.

During your SageTV computer build process take periodic images. Images should be taken after the build process is completed.

The SageTV computer can quickly become a 'critical' computer where you will want to be able to recover it quickly and easily if there is a computer or software problem.

Dave
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Sage User

SageTV diffinitely supports the HVR-2250 as I'm using one and I know quite a few other people around this forum are using them.

You'll need to go and download and install the media center drivers located here on hauppauges site.

Once they're installed you should see 2 HVR-2250's show up (one for each of the dual tuners).
Old 03-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think what is confusing him is the 2250 cards show up as wintv-7164 cards instead of 2250 cards. At least mine does.

That always confused me as well.
Trallyus