SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I have "No videos found" when trying to use Playon. In SageTV, I select Playon, Netflix, Browse Genres. Any other combination of using Playon in SageTV also results with "No videos found". I am using Windows 7 64-bit. Playon used to work several weeks ago. I recovered back to 3 images up to almost two months ago, and still have the problem.

The log shows it is a UPnP problem. I tried turning off the Windows 7 firewall, which did not help. The Playon software is running on the SageTV computer. My Netflix and Hulu account passwords check OK within Playon.

How do I fix the "No videos found" problem?
Play On stopped working for me yesterday after having worked well for months. It won't access any of the video content--Netflix, Hulu etc. that was working fine two days ago. The usual fixes--stopping and starting the Playon service, the Sage service, rebooting the server etc. don't fix it. My Netflix account and queue are intact and I can watch from a computer??? Anyone have a fix?

Edit--Installed the Playon update available yesterday and this solved it.

Last edited by keepersg; 05-28-2011 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Solution
Old 05-27-2011, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you check for PlayOn updates? That has fixed problems like this for me before.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

My Netflix (at least) via PlayOn quit working yesterday as well. Haven't had a chance to look into it but wanted to let you know so you don't think it is a sporadic problem on your end
Old 05-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
How do I fix the "No videos found" problem?
This is a PlayOn problem due to some change at Netflix. They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robind View Post
This is a PlayOn problem due to some change at Netflix. They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.
http://www.playon.tv/forum/help/play...ders-all-empty
Old 05-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yup, my Netflix quit last night also. Such a cat and mouse game with PlayOn.
SageTV 7.1.9 on Win 7 Ultimate x86; Intel DH67CF, i3-2100T, 4GB DDR3, 60GB SSD, 8TB Drive Bender storage pool, blu-ray. 2x HD PVR (SA 4250HD firewire channel change), 2x HD200 extenders (external IR receiver mod, HD300 remotes).
Plugins: Custom Main Menu, Enable/Disable Favorites, Stock Manager, Web Interface, Mobile Web Interface, PlayOn
Old 05-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Sage Icon

I'm also getting the "No videos found" message on Hulu, CNN, PBS Kids, Pandora, and probably all the other choices. I suspect my problem is in addition to the Netflix/Playon problem.

When I was having trouble keeping Playon functioning with my old XP SageTV computer, I thought about getting a Roku box as a backup for Netflix. The Windows 7 build was working OK till recently. Maybe a Roku box would be a good backup if the quality was about the same and if I could pause the stream to get more buffer during playback.

My log file says "Couldn't find UPnP Device: (PlayON)".

Dave
Old 05-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Sage User

There is a new PlayOn update available. It fixes the problem for me,although lots more of the items in my queue are showing up in sub-folders. Oh well.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

I just tried the new version, 3.3.7. Netflix and Hulu work. My Netflix Queue items are still there. On PBS Kids I got an error. Error (-2) Files selected for playback are no longer on the disk. Since more than Netflix was effected, maybe the problem was just with Playon. I noticed that when I uninstalled and re-installed Playon, my password would not work unless I changed the Netflix and Hulu passwords. Then I could test the connection successfully with Playon. I don't know if the version 3.3.7 Playon version will also fix the flaky password code in Playon.

My system is currently on the April 7th image. I'll need to recover back to the image I took yesterday, and try the Playon version 3.3.7 again.

Dave

Last edited by davephan; 05-27-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm still having my old problem, even with the update. Everything works and plays fine if I go in under 'PlayOn'.
If I go in under Videos, they show up, correct information, but when I go to play the same thing it says 'You shouldn't be seeing this. Make sure that you have UI MOD :: Playon Plugin updated and enabled.' Which means it also doesn't work with MyMovies. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Reinstalled the plug several times.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think I fixed it. I deleted my jars and reinstalled, and that seemed to make a difference.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:31 AM
Sage User

Hello, whenever I play a video (Netflix: Trinity and Beyond, eXistenZ / Comedy Central: Chocolate News) through the Playon plugin there is a blue-grey line running across the bottom of the screen (oddly print screen shows a blank page with the color filling up the screen and letterbox bars, see screen shot).

I've tested Playon on the same computer using xbmc and all the videos (same as above) I tested worked fine, so Playon itself seems ok.

I may have missed it but I didn't see any post about this issue, is anyone else having a problem, or could suggest a possible fix?

Thank in advance. -Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg playonprintscreen.jpg (18.6 KB, 185 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPnPBrowser.log.txt (21.2 KB, 234 views)
Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 AM
SageTVaholic

The line is probably in the video itself, but your just not seeing it in XBMC because it's default overscan settings are better than Sage's. You can adjust Sage's overscan setting in the detailed settings to crop it out as well.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
The line is probably in the video itself, but your just not seeing it in XBMC because it's default overscan settings are better than Sage's. You can adjust Sage's overscan setting in the detailed settings to crop it out as well.
For some reason it never occurred to me to check how it looked through placeshifter (perfect of course) before posting, I'll adjust the overscan settings as recommended. Thanks!
-Craig
Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Craig, I see the same line. Im curious if you have a 16x9 display (that's showing that line). If so, do you also have to change the aspect ratio to "full" or "16x9" instead of "source" before watching a Playon video? Maybe this problem is related to display settings not being detected by the Playon encoding engine. I dont have any display issues on other SageTV Playon clients (Placeshifter or HD200) either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig33761 View Post
Hello, whenever I play a video (Netflix: Trinity and Beyond, eXistenZ / Comedy Central: Chocolate News) through the Playon plugin there is a blue-grey line running across the bottom of the screen (oddly print screen shows a blank page with the color filling up the screen and letterbox bars, see screen shot).

I've tested Playon on the same computer using xbmc and all the videos (same as above) I tested worked fine, so Playon itself seems ok.

I may have missed it but I didn't see any post about this issue, is anyone else having a problem, or could suggest a possible fix?

Thank in advance. -Craig

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Craig, I see the same line. Im curious if you have a 16x9 display (that's showing that line). If so, do you also have to change the aspect ratio to "full" or "16x9" instead of "source" before watching a Playon video? Maybe this problem is related to display settings not being detected by the Playon encoding engine. I dont have any display issues on other SageTV Playon clients (Placeshifter or HD200) either.
For the time being I'm still humming along with a 4x3 TV.

Adjusting the overscan settings fixed the problem, although it's also pushed the menus further out to the edges of the screen, in a week I probably won't even notice it anymore.

Evilpenguin said, "The line is probably in the video itself" so, I'm curious why more people aren't seeing it, is there something different about our Playon/system setup?

In any case, it's fixed, and I'm glad, it really was ruining Playon for me.

-Craig
Old 06-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a fix for Netflix titles showing up in sub-folders?

After the most recent MediaMall update Netflix work fine once again however more and more titles now show up under sub-folders.

I am in Canada and can't use Queue, only Browse Genres.

Many thanks.
SageTV 7.1.9 on Win 7 Ultimate x86; Intel DH67CF, i3-2100T, 4GB DDR3, 60GB SSD, 8TB Drive Bender storage pool, blu-ray. 2x HD PVR (SA 4250HD firewire channel change), 2x HD200 extenders (external IR receiver mod, HD300 remotes).
Plugins: Custom Main Menu, Enable/Disable Favorites, Stock Manager, Web Interface, Mobile Web Interface, PlayOn
Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMT View Post
Is there a fix for Netflix titles showing up in sub-folders?

After the most recent MediaMall update Netflix work fine once again however more and more titles now show up under sub-folders.

I am in Canada and can't use Queue, only Browse Genres.

Many thanks.
Nope, that's a PlayOn thing, the fix would have to come from their end.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Sage User

Multiple entries

I noticed a change in how my videos display in SageTV. I use Diamond but I disabled the plugin to test if the default Sage UI displays the same result. My display now shows multiple entries from my PlayOn folders and displays each with in my SageTV views. For example it shows both as separate videos:

\Videos\PlayOn\Movies\Blade Runner Theatrical Cut\Blade Runner Theatrical Cut (1983).m4v.playon

\Videos\PlayOn\Movies\Blade Runner Theatrical Cut\Blade Runner Theatrical Cut (1983).m4v

It did not used to do this. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure hidden folders are turned off in the OS?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.