SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know that pandora changed from flash to HTML5 and that broke the link in playon -- they have since fixed it with the latest update -- but is everybody else screen all screwed up when using it now -- audio is fine, but the screen looks like when you could kind of watch a jammed cable feed back when it was analog and the screen was all askew or is it just me? I tried on my HD300's, I have not tried on my PC client or HD200's yet.
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 10-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
They must have changed some of the UPNP path names. What's the folder structure you need to navigate to get the content via the UPnP Browser?
oops, was thinking that post was in answer to someone else...

I go to Playon from the main menu, Pick Playon from there, then pick Browse Playon. Play later will show up at the bottom, I would love to have it right in the main Playon menu, where Hulu, Netflix, OnlineTV Sports etc lives.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem after updating PlayOn

SageTV Version 7
PlyaOn Plugin Version 6.1

After updating PlayOn to version 3.4.25.2572, I am unable to play Hulu videos. I can download my Queue, but get the following error when trying to play the video:

"There was an error playing C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\OnlineVideo4988369120623493892.flv
ERROR (-2): Files selected for playback are no longer on disk

If I try another video, the message changes to "The media download failed. Error: The requested media file was not found on the server.

Here is my Log file
UPnPBrowser.log.txt

I am able to play the files via a browser to Hulu directly

I am unable to play the test video in Sage

UPnP Inspector lists a PlayOn device.

I have updated the PlayOn plugin by updating, then downloading the complete version

I had to re-enter my Hulu login credentials after the Playon update.

When I do a Playon update now, it tells me that it is unable to determine the latest version, and to check my network connection. My network connection is fine, since I am able to play Hulu video via a browser.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Last edited by hb4; 10-30-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added details
Old 11-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

It was a problem with a Java installation that was interrupted. Fixed with a little program that deleted the offending registry entry that I found on the Web.

Thanks for all the help. No response to my PlayOn support request either.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry about that, i've been pretty MIA lately. Glad you got it sorted out, please do share how you got it working again in case it happens to someone else.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

The file that fixed my botched Java uninstall is "JavaMSIFix.exe".

When you try to install Java, you get a message that says the software is already installed and asks if you want to re-install in. When you say yes, you get a message that says:

"This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

My reaction was 'WTF!', and I tried a cleaner that supposedly removed all of my Java registry items. It certainly hosed Sage, but I couldn't re-install Fava. I finally found this program and ran it and it allowed me to install Java and get Playon and Sage running again.

From the download website: "This problem is caused because the Windows Installer information for a previous installation of Java has been removed or damaged, but the related registry keys are still present causing the Java installer to think it is already installed.

This problem is confirmed in all versions of Windows XP, Vista, and 7. This fix is compatible with all versions of Windows XP, Vista, and 7."
Old 11-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Sage Expert

Play-On Plug-In not finding account

I now have the Play-On software installed, configured, and running on my PC but SageTV is not finding the account. The reason I know this is that when I search for Netflix content, I get no listings. No matter what I do the the Queue settings, I can't get the listings to show up. Assistance is greatly appreciated.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 11-26-2011, 11:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Use the UPnPInspector tool from the 2nd post to check if PlayOn is even setup correctly.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Sage Expert

Searching for shows

Thank you for the tip about Netflix. I feel fairly confident that it is set-up correctly because I am able to login to both Netflix and Hulu and test the account. I may get rid of Netflix though because it appears that Hulu will give us the basics without it.

I am now trying to figure out how the search will work. I have browsed for and played a full episode of House via Hulu. I'm impressed! However, I don't want to have to "browse" to it. To get House, I had to click several times. I'd rather it come up in a search just like shows from the tuner card sources do. Is there any way to set that up?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 11-26-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Sage User

Playon/Jetty using an invalid drive/directory

Hi

Sage/Jetty/Playon are using the F:\TEMP\wintemp drive on my sagetv server.
This is an old drive and I'm trying to remove it...

This used to be my 'temp' file drive, but i've since reset windows to use c:\temp\wes. All other programs except Sage is using the new directory.

When I remove the drive ..sage starts,and works well.
The playon plugin even works when viewing it on the server.
But Playon doesn't work on the HD200 when the F: drive is removed.
The only way to get the HD200 to work is to put the F drive back.

I've searched thru all the properties files and can't find any reference to F:\temp. Any ideas where this path may be recorded?
Old 01-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Lightbulb PlayLater Recordings as Menu Item?

Hi guys -

Is it possible to have the "PlayLater Recordings" added as a menu item in the PlayOn menu in the plugin? Right now, I have to go over into "Browse UPNP" / "(PlayOn Server Name)" \ "PlayLater Recordings" \"(Username)'s Recordings" to see my PlayLater recordings. Perhaps this could be added as a top level item, like "Kid's TV", etc, or a quick submenu item under one of the existing categories like "Online TV"?

So my particular configuration, because I run my HTPC on an autologon account called "Media", the uPNP path looks like:

PlayOn/PlayOn/Browse uPNP/SageSRV/PlayLater Recordings/Media's Recordings/

I'd be happy if I could get dumped at the "PlayLater Recordings" level, having to pick "(Username)'s Recordings), since obviously that would be variable (unless using %username% would work in all cases?

Is this something the plugin developer would strictly have to implement, or is there some sort of XML or other file I can hack?

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Sage User

Probably, I posted this on the last page and this may help you.

- Amazon_VOD : ("/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:+1")
- Video_Library : ("/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:Video Library:+1")
- Prime_Instant_Video : ("/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:Prime Instant Video:+1")

This format has since changed but you could certainly try by adding your own listing based on the above or other sections of the config file.

In case you or someone else does not know you will need to go to
"<sage install location>"\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser\UPnPBrowser.presets

Once you open the UPnPBrowser.presets file (it's just a text file) you will see the whole structure for the Playon listings.

I do not use Playlater so I can not verify this for you but I would start with this:
Playlater:::"/search" "PlayON:Playlater Recordings:+1"
This should dump you at the user recording level.

If that works then you could also try
Playlater:::"/search" "PlayON:Playlater Recordings:Media's Recordings:+1"

This should put you specifically in Media's Recordings. If you have multiple user recording folders you would repeat this for every user you wanted so something like:

Playlater Media:::"/search" "PlayON:Playlater Recordings:Media's Recordings:+1"
Playlater Kids Shows:::"/search" "PlayON:Playlater Recordings:<Kids shows user>:+1"

This is the method I used for adding Amazon Prime to the Amazon section. Unfortunately something has just changed in the last day or two. It starts streaming the video but then stops with a message about updating my flash player and clicking the link. It's all up to date so I do not know what the problem is now. This has nothing to do with the listing style though.

Hope this helps/works for you.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up Thank you!!

Thanks, Atyrus. Not a whole lot of people left around here, especially when it comes to individual plugins. It's nice to know someone else is hanging on for dear life, so to speak...

I will give that a try. Same thing to bring new plugins that I add to the list?

Can I ask about the series of colons -- what exactly is the formatting convention/syntax used in this file? I'm familiar with quite a number of languages and standard markups, and this one has me kind of scratching my head.

I'll send this as a PM to you too, just in case you aren't subscribed to the thread.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Sage User

I'm only guessing based on the other entries in the file. This was different before if you look at my original example. It seems it is the name of the menu entry followed by three ::: Then the single colons separate the levels getting to the UPnP level.

If you needed a totally new entry I am still "guessing" you would need to add it like so:

<new entry>:::"/search" "<new entry>:+1"

After playing around for a bit I am not sure if this will work or not. I just tried to remove my Prime Folder entry and it is not being removed.

I am not a coder unfortunately so I really do not know exactly how this is being done. The only change I have ever made was under the Amazon VOD entry and it worked. All I used was the formatting of the the UPnPBrowser.preset file. When I look else where for files regarding this plugin I don't see much to edit.

So all I did for the Amazon Prime entry was find out where it was in the list.

Then I found this:
- Amazon_VOD : ("/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:+1")
- Video_Library : ("/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:Video Library:+1")

Except now it looks like this
Amazon_VOD:::"/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:+1"
Video_Library:::"/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:Video Library:+1"

So it seems the parens were dropped and colons added. Once I found that I add the Prime info from using the UPnP browser and copied the style.

Amazon_VOD:::"/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:+1"
Video_Library:::"/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:Video Library:+1"
Prime_Instant_Video::"/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:Prime Instant Video:+1"

I wish I could give you more though. Hopefully evilpenguin will come around and give some advice. Though I haven't seen any plugins updated for quite some time now and the only updates I have seen I had to look for. I really have no desire to use ten different devices to watch all our stuff. Using the sage extenders and having only one interface to deal with in the whole house will be hard to give up. I hope sagetv will continue but until people know more I am afraid these plugins and such will just die out.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

Anyone have the "First Row Sports" PlayOn script and having problems? A while back I saw something about it being updated (though there is no indication of this on the script thread on PlayOn Plugins) and since then it has not worked. I get the individual sport designations, but each one has "no videos".

I know this is probably something on the PlayOn side but I thought I'd check here first to see if anyone else has it working fine or is having problems.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

For some reason all of my Netflix TV shows have a "date added" of today - this is an issue since I use a sorting method of newset recordings first. In cases where I have RecordedTV files and Netflix TV files this causes the Netflix shows to show up first and I would prefer them to show up last. Is there any easy way to change this? Could I use BMT to edit the Date Added field to all of these shows?

Is there another way to have Recorded TV files show up before Netflix? I am using Diamond as my UI.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Sage Expert

Amazon VOD

Anyone else having issues playing newer tv shows the last few weeks?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Sage Expert

Yes. I noticed that The Daily Show seems to always stop about 8 to 10 minutes in. If I go to Hulu (not using Playon) theirs plays fine.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Sage Expert

I didn't realize the Daily show could be bought through Amazon VOD?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Sage Expert

Sorry if I misunderstood, I wasn't talking about Amazon. Just through Playon > Comedy Central.