SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Sage User

Amazon VOD within SageTV is still not working

Hello again,

@bigBill, Amazon VOD was working before the series of upgrade with the playon plugin. I don't think it was working the last weekend as it has not been working within SageTV for a while and I didn't test it at that time.

@jmonier, yes, the pop-out feature is working within my browser, no problem there.

I was waiting for a playon plugin upgrade that would hopefully solve my problem with Youtube and Amazon VOD since it is the same error message that I've been experiencing with both services.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Sage User

For me, YouTube fails when accessed directly from SageTV. THAT is the problem with the plug-in.

But, it works for me when accessed from the PlayOn plugin. Have you tried that? If it fails for you then, you have some problem with your setup of PlayOn or the plug-in and it's not related to either Amazon specifically or the plug-in version, i.e. it's not any of the problems anyone else has mentioned in this thread.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Sage User

Amazon VOD within SageTV is still not working

Hello again,

@jmonier, Youtube within the playon plugin works fine..

In fact, I used to watch Netflix tv series with the playon plugin (movies will stop after a while but that's another issue).

The issue doesn't seem related to my playon installation per se as I can watch other shows on other channels w/o problems.

So, I'm hoping that a new version of the plugin will solve this Amazon VOD problem.

Thnx for your support.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Sage User

Sorry that none of my suggestions worked out. I don't think that a new version of the plug-in will make any difference since it works fine for me.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Sage User

Unstall & Reinstall Playon Plugin did the trick!

Amazon VOD is finally working... I thought I had done it before but just unstalling and reinstalling the Playon plugin solved the issue with Amazon VOD. IT works fine now.

Thnx for your help in solving the issue.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Sage User

Plugin still broken

I know we're still wainting for Evil to weigh in on this issue, but, has anyone determined a work around for the "External feed was empty" problem when selecting Hulu and other options from the Playon menu? The only way to get to the Hulu user queue is to browse UPnP. Also, Evil had corrected a problem with videos abruptly ending in a prior version. I seem to be experiencing this again when viewing through my HD300 client. Anyone else seeing this?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Premature Ending

I was happy to be able to install this plugin and get it running with Playon...but I encountered a problem viewing my first movie last night when the Netflix movie abruptly quit half way through.

Normally when this happens in Netflix on my other devices, it's because the movie needs to re-buffer a bit due to network congestion. I suspect this was the cause of it quitting on me last night...but I was surprised that the plugin didn't re-buffer and start playing again.

Is there a fix for this?

Cable Hardware: Motorola DCT6200 HD cable box controlled by Firewire for channel tuning

Software: SageTV 7.1.9 on Windows 7

2X HD300 Media Extenders
Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphoid View Post
I was happy to be able to install this plugin and get it running with Playon...but I encountered a problem viewing my first movie last night when the Netflix movie abruptly quit half way through.

Normally when this happens in Netflix on my other devices, it's because the movie needs to re-buffer a bit due to network congestion. I suspect this was the cause of it quitting on me last night...but I was surprised that the plugin didn't re-buffer and start playing again.

Is there a fix for this?
I've been seeing this for quite a while too. I hadn't considered that it was a buffering issue (not sure why ). But since I usually jump out of Sage and into a browser session to finish what I'm watching, I've noticed a fair bit of rebuffering of late.

Many times, I'll fire up what I want on Netflix through the plugin and pause it to let it buffer. Then come back to watch part way in. On rare occasions, I'll hit a spot where I'll see it buffering. But rarely.

This has been my only "sore spot" with this setup.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

Here's an obscure one that most of you probably don't care about...

Anybody use Pandora via PlayOn?

It still plays music, but since Pandora changed their UI, the PlayOn UI is all messed up. I was wondering what it would take to get that fixed - I'm assuming this is a Sage PlayOn thing rather than an internal PlayOn thing, but I'm really not sure.

The screen looks like an old analog TV when the reception was bad and the vertical and horizontal hold were screwed up.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by baradanikto View Post
I know we're still wainting for Evil to weigh in on this issue, but, has anyone determined a work around for the "External feed was empty" problem when selecting Hulu and other options from the Playon menu? The only way to get to the Hulu user queue is to browse UPnP. Also, Evil had corrected a problem with videos abruptly ending in a prior version. I seem to be experiencing this again when viewing through my HD300 client. Anyone else seeing this?

I too am getting this when trying to see the Hulu user queue.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 01-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Sage User

I haven't seen any mention of this anywhere, but I was surprised to find that I can access PlayOn even with the PlayOn plugin DISABLED: Online/More Online Services/PlayOn/Browse PlayOn. From that point it seems to work just like it did via the PlayOn main menu item with the plugin enabled. So I've got PlayOn AND the latest STV both at the same time.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the Plugin may just be for integrating the Netflix and Hulu clue into Sage so that you can transparently display online content alongside recorded TV or movies.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
I haven't seen any mention of this anywhere, but I was surprised to find that I can access PlayOn even with the PlayOn plugin DISABLED: Online/More Online Services/PlayOn/Browse PlayOn. From that point it seems to work just like it did via the PlayOn main menu item with the plugin enabled. So I've got PlayOn AND the latest STV both at the same time.
That has been what I have been doing for the last few weeks that the Playon plugin has broken stv updates. Guess I should have posted that a while ago. Not an ideal solution as I have to always remind family members where the Playon stuff has moved to ...
Old 01-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac.to View Post
That has been what I have been doing for the last few weeks that the Playon plugin has broken stv updates. Guess I should have posted that a while ago. Not an ideal solution as I have to always remind family members where the Playon stuff has moved to ...
I've investigated further and determined that, even when the PlayOn plugin is disabled, it still provides the functionality via the Online main menu item. (When I uninstalled the PlayOn plugin, PlayOn was no longer available anywhere.)

So, except for having to find it in a less intuitive way, this allows it to work as well as before, without having the broken STV updates.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baradanikto View Post
I just upgraded my mother board and switched from XP to Win 7 32 bit.
I was able to get Playon and Sage working by installing the programs, deleted all the subdirectories and coping the XP directories in place.

When I access playon directly then the whole directory is empty.
When I browse through UPnP then I get everything.
One Extra Button push. No Big deal.

I am not sure if this is related to the PLUGIN or Win7 Home Network settings
Satelite: Dish VIP622 Bronze HD Pacakge, HD PVR Rev E1 1.5.6.1
TV1: Vizio 42" LCD 1080P 60HZ, Sage HD200, Yamaha 6.1
TV2: Samsung 26" LCD720P 60HZ, Sage HD200, TV Sound
Network: Airlink 300N to DLINK DAP-1522 to Sage HD200
Old 01-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Netflix Movies that End adruptly

This is data for everyone. There is not a single root cause for movies or program abruptly ending.

1. I have seen my DSL loose connection maybe 2 time per week. It always recovers in 1 minute or less. This is not a PLayon Problem, Sage Plugin problem or Netflix problem.

2. I have seen Netflix or Playon abruptly stop a movie. But we can recover from netflix by choosing a setting that will restart from where it stopped. Since the netflix movie starts at the right place I think this means its a netflix problem.

3. It seems like many Free Project TV links are broken or only source a portion of a show. What can you expect from Free TV?

So Far I cannot point any fingers at the Playon Plugin expect for this UPpN browse only works now and I am not sure if that is Win 7 issue or not.
Satelite: Dish VIP622 Bronze HD Pacakge, HD PVR Rev E1 1.5.6.1
TV1: Vizio 42" LCD 1080P 60HZ, Sage HD200, Yamaha 6.1
TV2: Samsung 26" LCD720P 60HZ, Sage HD200, TV Sound
Network: Airlink 300N to DLINK DAP-1522 to Sage HD200
Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Playon has been running very slow for the past two weeks on my system. It is taking about 45 seconds to load the pages where it use to be 5 seconds max. I tried removing and reinstalling the plugin. uninstalling playon server and reinstalling. My internet connection is good. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
erify if your setup is working correctly.
[/COLOR][/B]

Symptom #1: No content or folders show up for any of the Main Menu shortcuts, including the PlayON one.
This usually indicates that UPnPBrowser can't communicate with PlayON, once you've verified that you're not running into one of the known issues you can check these things...
  • Verify that another one of PlayON's supported devices can see the server (if you don't have another device you can try the UPnP Inspector tool tool)
  • Check to see if you have a PlayON (...).cache file in the ...\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser\ folder.
  • If you don't see a .cache file, open up a command line and try running this command to see if it generates one (if not, please post the resulting UPnPBrowser.log onto this thread).
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser.exe" /mainmenu /serverSearchTimeout 60
  • If you do see .cache files try running this command and post the resulting UPnPBrowser.log onto this thread.
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser.exe" /search PlayON:+1

Did that.. SageTV does not see playon.. PlayOn can be seen by everything else on my network.. I have tried playon on multiple machines... HELP

My Log file
Code:
Welcome to UPnPBrowser v1.8 (Built on 12:13:31.64 11-25-2012 )! (Sun Jan 27 17:28:52 2013
  + Path: c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs
  + Checking: (c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs)
  + Checking: (c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV)
  + Found SageTV Dir: (c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV)
    - SageTV Version: (SageTV V7.1.9.256)
    - STV Version   : (2013010701)
  + Reading Presets (20121125)
    - ABC :  ("/search" "PlayON:ABC:+1")
    - ABC_Family :  ("/search" "PlayON:ABC:ABC Family:Popular Titles:+1")
    - ABC_News :  ("/search" "PlayON:ABC:ABC News:Popular Titles:+1")
    - ABC_TV_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:ABC:^ABC$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Adult_Swim :  ("/search" "PlayON:Adult Swim:Comedy:+1")
    - Adult_Swim_Anime :  ("/search" "PlayON:Adult Swim:Action:+1")
    - Al_Jazeera :  ("/search" "PlayON:Live News:Al Jazeera:+1")
    - Amazon_VOD :  ("/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:+1")
    - Amazon_VOD_Library :  ("/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:Video Library:All Videos:+1")
    - Amazon_VOD_Prime :  ("/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:Prime:+1")
    - BBC_News :  ("/search" "PlayON:Live News:BBC News:+1")
    - BET :  ("/search" "PlayON:BET:+1")
    - Browse_Genres :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Browse Genres:+1")
    - Browse_Movies :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:Movies:+1")
    - Browse_PlayOn :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Browse_TV_Networks :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:+1")
    - Browse_TV_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Shows:+1")
    - Cartoon_Network :  ("/search" "PlayON:Cartoon Network:+1")
    - CBS :  ("/search" "PlayON:CBS:+1")
    - CBS_Late_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:CBS:Late Night:+1")
    - CBS_TV_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:CBS:TV Shows:+1")
    - CNN :  ("/search" "PlayON:CNN:+1")
    - Comedy_Central :  ("/search" "PlayON:Comedy Central:Shows:+1")
    - Cooking_Channel :  ("/search" "PlayON:Cooking Channel:Shows:+1")
    - Crackle_Movies :  ("/search" "PlayON:Crackle:Movies:A.Z:+1")
    - Crackle_TV :  ("/search" "PlayON:Crackle:Collections:+1")
    - Custom1 :  ("/search" "PlayON:(NFL|NHL|ESPN|ESPN3|MLB|Soccer)+1&&PlayON:FOX:^Fox Sports$+1")
    - Custom10 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom11 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom12 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom13 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom14 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom15 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom16 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom17 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom18 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom19 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom2 :  ("/search" "PlayON:HBO Go:Series:Family~~HBO Go Family>>Testing 1 2 3+1&&PlayON:FOX:^Fox Sports$+1")
    - Custom20 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom3 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom4 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom5 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom6 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom7 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom8 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Custom9 :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Disney :  ("/search" "PlayON:Disney:TV Shows:Full Episodes:+1")
    - Disney_Junior :  ("/search" "PlayON:Disney:Junior:+1")
    - Disney_Radio :  ("/search" "PlayON:Disney:Radio:+1")
    - DIY_Network :  ("/search" "PlayON:DIY Network:Shows:+1")
    - ESPN :  ("/search" "PlayON:^ESPN$:+1")
    - ESPN_Sports :  ("/search" "PlayON:^ESPN$:Categories:+1")
    - ESPN_SportsCenter :  ("/search" "PlayON:^ESPN$:^SportsCenter$:+1")
    - ESPN_TV_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:^ESPN$:TV Shows:+1")
    - ESPN3 :  ("/search" "PlayON:ESPN3:+1")
    - Food_Network :  ("/search" "PlayON:Food Network:Shows:+1")
    - FOX :  ("/search" "PlayON:FOX:+1")
    - FOX_Buisness :  ("/search" "PlayON:FOX:Fox Buisness:Popular Titles:+1")
    - FOX_Classic_TV :  ("/search" "PlayON:FOX:Fox Television Classics:Popular Titles:+1")
    - FOX_College_Sports :  ("/search" "PlayON:FOX:Fox College Sports:Popular Titles:+1")
    - FOX_Movie_Channel :  ("/search" "PlayON:FOX:Fox Movie Channel:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Fox_News :  ("/search" "PlayON:Fox News:+1")
    - Fox_Soccer :  ("/search" "PlayON:^Fox Soccer:+1")
    - FOX_Sports :  ("/search" "PlayON:FOX:^Fox Sports$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - FOX_TV_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:FOX:^Fox$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Great_American_Country :  ("/search" "PlayON:Great American Country:+1")
    - HBO_Go :  ("/search" "PlayON:HBO Go:+1")
    - HBO_Go_Comedy :  ("/search" "PlayON:HBO Go:Comedy:Comedy A to Z:+1")
    - HBO_Go_Documentaries :  ("/search" "PlayON:HBO Go:Documentaries:Documentaries A to Z:+1")
    - HBO_Go_Kids :  ("/search" "PlayON:HBO Go:Series:Family Series:+1")
    - HBO_Go_Late_Night :  ("/search" "PlayON:HBO Go:Late Night:Late Night A to Z:+1")
    - HBO_Go_Movies :  ("/search" "PlayON:HBO Go:Movies:Movies A to Z:+1")
    - HBO_Go_Sports :  ("/search" "PlayON:HBO Go:Sports:Sports A to Z:+1")
    - HBO_Go_TV_Series :  ("/search" "PlayON:HBO Go:Series:Series A to Z:+1")
    - HGTV :  ("/search" "PlayON:HGTV:Shows:+1")
    - Hulu :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:+1")
    - Hulu_ABC :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^ABC$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_Browse_Movies :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:Movies:+1")
    - Hulu_Browse_TV_Networks :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:+1")
    - Hulu_Browse_TV_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Shows:+1")
    - Hulu_Comedy_Central :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^Comedy Central$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_DIY_Network :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^DIY Network$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_Exclusives :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^Hulu Exclusives$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_Food_Network :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^Food Network$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_FOX :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^FOX$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_FX :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^FX$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_History_Channel :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^History$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_NBC :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^NBC$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_Options :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:Playback Options:+1")
    - Hulu_Originals :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^Hulu Original:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_PBS :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^PBS$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_PBS_Kids :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^PBS Kids$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_Popular_Movies :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:Popular:Popular Feature Films:+1")
    - Hulu_Popular_TV :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:Popular:Popular Shows:+1")
    - Hulu_Queue :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:User Queue:Sort By Date:+1")
    - Hulu_Speed :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^SPEED$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_Syfy :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^Syfy$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_The_CW :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^The CW$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_Univision :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^Univision$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Hulu_USA :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^USA$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - MLB :  ("/search" "PlayON:MLB:+1")
    - MTV :  ("/search" "PlayON:MTV:Shows:Popular:+1")
    - MTV_Music_Videos :  ("/search" "PlayON:MTV:Music:+1")
    - National_Geographic :  ("/search" "PlayON:National Geographic:Full Episodes:+1")
    - NBC :  ("/search" "PlayON:NBC:+1")
    - NBC_News :  ("/search" "PlayON:NBC:NBC News:Popular Titles:+1")
    - NBC_Sports :  ("/search" "PlayON:NBC:NBC Sports:Popular Titles:+1")
    - NBC_TV_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:NBC:^NBC$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - NBC_Universal TV :  ("/search" "PlayON:NBC:NBCU TV:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Netflix :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:+1")
    - Netflix_Browse_Genres :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Browse Genres:+1")
    - Netflix_For_Kids :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Kids:+1")
    - Netflix_New_Arrivals :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:New Arrivals:+1")
    - Netflix_Options :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Options:+1")
    - Netflix_Queue :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Instant Queue:+1")
    - Netflix_Recomendations :  ("/search" "PlayON
Client 2: HD100 on 50" Panasonic Plasma (16x9)
Client 3: HD100 on 32" Toshiba Tube (4x3)
Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

Just bumping this to verify - nothing has been done to resolve the PlayOn/youtube issue yet, correct? In other words, to access youtube via Sage, you still have to disable the PlayOn plugin?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

It appears EP has been busy.