SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 03-25-2011, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Thread Highlighter for SageTV Forums (Google Chrome Extension)

This is a very simple extension for Google Chrome web browser that enables you to configure Highlights for the New Posts section. For example, I like to know when BMT is mentioned in the "New Posts" area, so when I visit the forums, I hit New Posts, and then scan the threads for "BMT". Now I can configure an Highlighter that will highlight posts that have BMT in the subject. Likewise, I can configure a highlighter for the words "Batch Metadata Tools", so that any time something is posted to that subforum, and I visit the "New Posts" section, then those thread will be highlighted as well.

The extension requires Google Chome web browser and you can download the extension from the Google Chrome Web Store.

This extension is provided "as is". If you have questions about it, post it here, and I'll TRY to answer your questions.

What this extension doesn't do...
1. It does not poll the forums for new posts, etc. It simply processes the "New Posts" AFTER it has been loaded by your browser and then highlights threads that match.
2. It does not have access to your forum account.
3. It does not run on ALL pages. In fact it only runs the following page: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/search.php, so if you access the SageTV forums via another URL, then this plugin will not be activated.
4. It does not contribute to the SageTV product, so don't confuse it with a SageTV7 Plugin.

Some things that you can do with this extension
1. Highlight posts in the New Posts area based on Keywords
2. Highlight posts in the New Posts area based on a username (just enter the username as a keyword, ie, Opus4)

That's pretty much it... it doesn't do much

This extension was an excuse for me to try out the developing extensions for Google Chrome. If you are interested in the source, it's a part of my larger customsagetv project area.

And because everyone likes pictures, you can see how boring this extension really is

Attached Images
File Type: jpg highlighter.jpg (58.1 KB, 424 views)

Last edited by stuckless; 03-25-2011 at 10:13 AM.