SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Phoenix Core Services automatic fetch of Fanart/Metadata corrupts wiz.bin

Ive been told by SageTV support that my wiz.bin is getting corrupt because BMT (Phoenix Core Services automatic fetch of Fanart/Metadata actually I think) is putting a null value in the ExtendedRatings metadata.

Is there any way I can stop this happening, but leave the rest of the metadata being udated?
Old 03-26-2011, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Ive been told by SageTV support that my wiz.bin is getting corrupt because BMT (Phoenix Core Services automatic fetch of Fanart/Metadata actually I think) is putting a null value in the ExtendedRatings metadata.

Is there any way I can stop this happening, but leave the rest of the metadata being udated?
So, your Wiz.bin is being corrupt because because Phoenix is putting a null value in a metadata field, and the field shouldn't allow nulls? This is sounding like something that core should add as a validation. I'm guessing right now, ANY metadata has the potential to be null, so I'm not really sure how to handle this.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
So, your Wiz.bin is being corrupt because because Phoenix is putting a null value in a metadata field, and the field shouldn't allow nulls? This is sounding like something that core should add as a validation. I'm guessing right now, ANY metadata has the potential to be null, so I'm not really sure how to handle this.
Yes. According to Sage support, something, likely BMT, put null in the ExtendedRatings field for the movie Entrapment

According to the email from Sage suppor, SageTV exceptioned when it tried to write this value to the wiz.bin. ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagetv support
V7.1.6 now has a mechanism to protect against this; but the only way to resolve the problem in V7.0 is to disable the offending plugin or remove the corresponding video file so it doesn't try to update its information
Unfortnuately it was recorded from TV so Ive now disabled the plugin to prevent it occuring again.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok. I'm a little hesitant to try and fix this in bmt, since, doing so would mean require me to single out that particular field in code. At least it appears that Sage has fixed it for the next beta release. You can, for now, choose to simply disable the Automatic plugin and still fetch metadata manually using the web ui.