SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Possible HD300/PlayOn Audio Problem

I don't know if this is and HD300 problem or a playon plugin problem but I don't hear any audio when I attempt to play a video using the Playon plugin through my HD300. Unfortunately the Playon plugin is essential to creating the problem so there is no way of isolating the culprit. The one thing suggesting that the problem it is related to the HD300 is the fact that the exact same playon video plays fine, i.e. with audio, through my HD200 using the same version of SageTV and Playon plugin. However, given the differences between the HD200 and HD300, I know that doesn't totally eliminate something in the playon plugin as the source of the problem. Any help or suggestions regarding what I can do to identify the source of this problem and/or resolve it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Update: The problem appears to have been isolated to the HD300. I uninstalled playon and then tried to stream some movie clips from channels.com and youtube with the exact same results, the video portion plays fine but there is no audio.

Last edited by JerryB; 03-28-2011 at 06:37 AM. Reason: New Information
Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was noticing the same thing over the weekend, and hadn't explored any further than to realize there wasn't any sound.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know how it happened but something clearly got messed up in my HD300 properties file. After numerous failed attempts at isolating and resolving the problem, I deleted the HD300 properties file and allowed SageTV to rebuild it and the problem went away.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
I don't know how it happened but something clearly got messed up in my HD300 properties file. After numerous failed attempts at isolating and resolving the problem, I deleted the HD300 properties file and allowed SageTV to rebuild it and the problem went away.
I seem to be having the same problem but am having trouble locating the HD300 properties file. Where is it?
Old 04-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebuster View Post
I seem to be having the same problem but am having trouble locating the HD300 properties file. Where is it?
The file is in the clients subdirectory under SageTV. The name of the file is a number (I believe the serial number of your extender followed by ".properties".
Old 04-17-2011, 12:59 AM

That did it. The file number was the MAC address. I unplugged the HD300 then I deleted both the properties file and backup from my server. Plugged the HD300 back in and now I have sound again in PlayOn. Thanks a million.