SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you have Custom TV views

I like the custom views that you can set up for videos/movies - can you do the same thing for TV? Or can you include some TV shows in a Movie/Videos view?

I would like to set up a view that contains all of my Kids' Shows and I would like to have a separate menu item for this. I guess I would just essentially be applying a filter to a view of TV shows so that it only shows the categories of Kids.

In addition is there any sort of a Wall view for TVs where the photos in the wall would the the TV show name and clicking on the name would bring you to a list of shows - kind of like the Banner view in recorded TV but using a wall rather than a single file list of banners.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I like the custom views that you can set up for videos/movies - can you do the same thing for TV? Or can you include some TV shows in a Movie/Videos view?

I would like to set up a view that contains all of my Kids' Shows and I would like to have a separate menu item for this. I guess I would just essentially be applying a filter to a view of TV shows so that it only shows the categories of Kids.

In addition is there any sort of a Wall view for TVs where the photos in the wall would the the TV show name and clicking on the name would bring you to a list of shows - kind of like the Banner view in recorded TV but using a wall rather than a single file list of banners.
The default Sagetv has this already built into it. In the main menu if you go TV/Recordings/ you should see "All Recordings", "Current Recordings", "Archived Recordings" and "Recorded Movies" setup by default. When in any of these TV views if you hit esc or "option" button then pick "menu options" you will see some options for the TV views at the bottom of the pop up, like number of views and Rename the "xxxxxx" view.

By default these 4 views are setup but you can have more than this or rename and repurpose them for other uses like "Kid's TV" etc... and then modify the filtering on each view to only include the shows you would like to see, of course this means that the shows have to have enough metadata etc to allow them to be filtered from the rest of your shows.

There currently isn't "folder" level filtering like in the move views so you are limited to using the filters that are availible be default plus any that we added as part of Diamond like the "recorded movies", "imported tv from playon" and "Imported TV" filters. Under catagories you can use the default catagories and the custom "user catagories".

I have my "Archived Recordings" set to only include "Imported TV" so I have all my non recorded shows there and then I renamed it "Imported TV". Based on the number of filter options, catagory filtering and the use of custom user catagories (Sagetv feature) you can do quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

J
Old 04-10-2011, 09:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Never mind - I figured it out - this is going to work out great!

Last edited by wayner; 04-10-2011 at 09:40 PM.