SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Sage Icon

Fanart Won’t Stick

Ever since I thought it was a good idea to start over I’ve had more issues than I care to comment on.

I can’t get fanart to stick on my media... For example, through the DVD view in BMT, I run a manual scan on the entire view. All seems good, the metadata and actor information shows properly. Upon closer inspection I notice that there are no fanart details listed at the bottom of an individual profile. Weird. So I decide to prompt a manual scan on one of the culprits. The manual scan works just fine and suddenly the bottom portion of the profile page for that object is filled with all sorts of fanart information for backgrounds, posters and so forth. All looks great. I click save. Then back out of that profile and re-enter it. One would think all the metadata would be saved. Nope, it’s gone.

Any ideas?

Last edited by wrems; 04-12-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Did you copy any old fanart over from a back or an external drive as if you did, I would highlight your sage directory and click properties and see if the read only flag is set for that folder and sub folders.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Ever since I thought it was a good idea to start over I’ve had more issues than I care to comment on.

I can’t get fanart to stick on my media... For example, through the DVD view in BMT, I run a manual scan on the entire view. All seems good, the metadata and actor information shows properly. Upon closer inspection I notice that there are no fanart details listed at the bottom of an individual profile. Weird. So I decide to prompt a manual scan on one of the culprits. The manual scan works just fine and suddenly the bottom portion of the profile page for that object is filled with all sorts of fanart information for backgrounds, posters and so forth. All looks great. I click save. Then back out of that profile and re-enter it. One would think all the metadata would be saved. Nope, it’s gone.

Any ideas?
When you click on the small poster icon in the metadata editor do you see your posters/banners/backgrounds, etc.

I only show the list of fanart when you do a manual update... I don't show the list of existing fanart. So when you go back into an item, it only shows the fanart directory and not all the peices of fanart that are in there.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

Now, my manual scans seem to be working fine. Last night when I started this thread the manual scans were not working. I would get an error on the poster thumbnail that would say unable to load poster. I also was monitoring the central fanart folder. There was no creation of the folders/files to match the media I was manually processing. The manual scans would display all the fanart on the editor page and I would click save. Then nothing actually happened, verified by going to the fanart directory. I can’t explain that one!

Rather than start another thread, here’s another oddity that is still there this morning. Since re-arranging my import directories last week I have 2 drives each with the same combination of video folders so they get combined in the folder view in Sage. If I go into BMT, to the view: Sage Video Imports I’m presented with my import directories. Which is correct. Denoted under each of the names of the imports is the corresponding number of items. That too shows correctly. However, when I go into either of the 2 in question, I drill down into the same one even though they should be different. So even though they should be different either directory gives me the same set of media objects. This was working properly the other day when I was going through this. So this is new and I have not changed anything in Sage or with my imports. Its suddenly not differentiating the the uniqueness of the 2 directories and giving me 2 imports pointed to the same media....
Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Now, my manual scans seem to be working fine. Last night when I started this thread the manual scans were not working. I would get an error on the poster thumbnail that would say unable to load poster. I also was monitoring the central fanart folder. There was no creation of the folders/files to match the media I was manually processing. The manual scans would display all the fanart on the editor page and I would click save. Then nothing actually happened, verified by going to the fanart directory. I can’t explain that one!

Rather than start another thread, here’s another oddity that is still there this morning. Since re-arranging my import directories last week I have 2 drives each with the same combination of video folders so they get combined in the folder view in Sage. If I go into BMT, to the view: Sage Video Imports I’m presented with my import directories. Which is correct. Denoted under each of the names of the imports is the corresponding number of items. That too shows correctly. However, when I go into either of the 2 in question, I drill down into the same one even though they should be different. So even though they should be different either directory gives me the same set of media objects. This was working properly the other day when I was going through this. So this is new and I have not changed anything in Sage or with my imports. Its suddenly not differentiating the the uniqueness of the 2 directories and giving me 2 imports pointed to the same media....
Are you using the Sage Video Imports or Sage Video Imports (Combined)?

The Sage Video Imports view will probably be removed at some point, since it was a carry over from Sage6.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

I was using the regular one, v6 carry-over. It seems to be fine in the other view-combined. That works for me