SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

errro msg 'cant find file' with PlayOn plugin

Hello,

I am suddenly getting an error message with my TV shows that are imported from my Netflix instant que.

I have been able to watch these same TV shows for a couple days but now they just don't work.

All my movies from my Netflix instant que play just fine, it is only TV shows that are a problem.

The error message says something like "can't find the file on the server". I am pretty sure the message is referring to the dummy file that exists on my server. So I double checked and all the dummy files are still there.

I also checked my Netflix instant que (via netflix.com) and the shows are still in my instant que.

Any idea what could be causing this problem?

Also, as a side note, I have noticed that some of the content in my instant que just never became available in SageTV. I would say about 10% of the content in my que is not showing up.

I don't know if there are dummy files for them on my server or not, I have not yet had a chance to check that yet.

This content that is not showing up has been in my instant que since I first setup the PlayOn plugin, so I am pretty sure the plugin has done a couple imports already.

Could this be a related issue?

Thank you
Les
Old 04-13-2011, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Need UPnPBrowser.log from after you tried to play back a video and you got that error message.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 04-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the quick reply EP. I am at work right now, so I can't get to the file. But I will try to grab it tonight for you.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've noticed some of the same errors, there have been some updates to Playon lately and the latest one has everything working on my system now. Also had to update IE and Flash recently as well.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 04-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just came across this post on the PlayOn forums

I am wondering if this is a known issue already as far as the SageTV plugin goes? It sounds like it could be related to my sudden inability to access TV shows.

I can't remember the exact version of PlayOn that I am using, but I just installed it for the first time (on 4/8/11) so it should be fairly up to date.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi EP,

Attached is the log file you were asking for. Hopefully it helps.

Thanks
Les
Attached Files
File Type: zip upnpbrowser_log.zip (2.9 KB, 159 views)
Old 04-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just an update.

I applied the most recent patch for PlayOn, updated my IE, flash player, and silverlight.

I still get the same problem =/