SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Studio Shapes and Refreshing

Hello,

I have a problem with Studio shapes not being removed from the screen after a refresh/refresharea and they are no longer valid for a particular panel. The shapes seem to "Hang" around for 5-20 seconds then disappear or if I move once (move down an option) even though that action has no refresh/refresharea attached to it.

I've attached an image which shows one of the screens where the Studio shapes "Hang" around.

Anyone seen this before and know how to prevent it?

Cheers

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Studio Shapes.jpg (199.5 KB, 275 views)
Old 04-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Sage

Shapes are something that is evaluated on every render pass as long as their parent component falls within the clipping rectangle. So you don't even need to do a Refresh to get rid of them; a Repaint is enough. They're one of the most volatile rendered components (aside from the wait circle). So this is likely something in your STV code which is causing them to still be drawn when you think they shouldn't be.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Hope that helps.
Not really, no

I've checked, double checked and rechecked and I can't see why they would still be drawn or rather "hang around before they disappear".

For my code I have it setup like:

Code:
If ViewType
   >ViewOne
        PanelWidget
            Studio Shapes
   >ViewTwo
   >ViewThree
   >ViewFour
   >ViewFive
So scrolling through views normally would use a RefreshArea() but I've changed it to a Refresh() just to make sure everything gets refreshed (I also tagged a Repaint() on the end for good measure).

If you watch this video you can see what I mean.... in my mind there is no way these shapes can still be drawn as they don't exist anymore. Also when watching the video you can see me move down a menu item which causes the shapes to disappear even though there is no refresh associated with that movement or button focus.

I guess its not a big issue as it sorts itself out once the user moves down or exits the menu or whatever but it would be nice to fix it up if you have anymore ideas?

Cheers

Ben

EDIT

After thinking about this some more I think I see what you mean and what you said kind of makes sense as to what I'm seeing. So in my head this means that a Refresh() or RefreshArea() won't actually refresh a studio shape only when the screen Repaints will they disappear or for a better word Refresh.... When I move to a different menu item this causes a screen Repaint which is why they disappear. However in saying all that they still don't actually exist as the shapes are not part of the new menu layout..... hmmm I dunno.

EDIT 2

So based on my flimsy theory above a Repaint() or RepaintArea() should work? because it doesn't.

Last edited by jaminben; 04-26-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Nobody's going to be able to tell you why it's not working without seeing your actual code. So my advice would be to strip it down to the simplest possible test case that demonstrates the bug. In the process of doing that it may become obvious to you what you're doing wrong. If not, post your simplified example here and maybe it will be obvious to someone else. Or if we all decide that it's a bug in Sage after all, then you'll have a clear-cut repro case to submit with your bug report.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Nobody's going to be able to tell you why it's not working without seeing your actual code. So my advice would be to strip it down to the simplest possible test case that demonstrates the bug. In the process of doing that it may become obvious to you what you're doing wrong. If not, post your simplified example here and maybe it will be obvious to someone else. Or if we all decide that it's a bug in Sage after all, then you'll have a clear-cut repro case to submit with your bug report.
Hmmm, strange.... I made a test case and it all works fine. I pretty much used the same code from my proper menu so I guess I do have an issue somewhere..... I just can't see it at the moment.

EDIT

I've found the problem

Turns out the issue is due to animation widgets which use "Shown" and "Hidden"........ the odd thing is they are not really related to that panel and the animation never happens for view changes anyway. At least I have something to work with now although I have no idea how to fix the issue just yet

Thanks for the pointers

Last edited by jaminben; 04-26-2011 at 02:52 PM.