SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

Some questions about the upcoming Studio.

I am wondering what types of images and file formats are/will be supported in Studio. Such as will vector graphics be supported and will flash animations work? Can I embed fonts? etc.

I really got a bad itch today thinking of all the things I'd like to potentially do with Studio. I'd be more than willing to attempt to figure out how to use it without documentation if the powers that be at Frey want to let me try it. I'd be happy to sign any kind of NDA.

Doesn't hurt to dream does it

Cheers,
ToxMox
Old 05-23-2004, 12:34 PM

Hmm good idea but I think that will be no to vector graphics and flash animations.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

I recieved a reply from Frey a while back stating that Studio can easily support transition animation, etc. However at that time there was no mention of specific flash support, or exactly how animation would be supported.

I have been envisioning possible things for the interface as well, I just can't wait to have Studio in my hot little hands!

-PGPfan
Old 05-24-2004, 08:49 AM

That GIF animation PGPfan
Old 05-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Sage User

Any more info available?

For those in the know, how about some information about what Studio will/not do? Maybe someone can start a FAQ?
Old 05-25-2004, 04:10 PM

Anybody know how much Studio will cost? or will it be free for SageTV owners
Old 05-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Yes, Free for SageTV owners
Old 05-25-2004, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

how about when it is going to be available?

maybe they can release it to anyone with over a hundred posts, not just moderators
just to show you have been around either asking questions or giving help for a while
Old 05-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker

maybe they can release it to anyone with over a hundred posts, not just moderators
just to show you have been around either asking questions or giving help for a while

I wonder what kind of behavior that would drive?
Old 05-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I mean really, what do you think people would do?
Old 05-26-2004, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

many many post about nothing being posted maybe

well you also there Hector just give me 18 more like these

anyways I am just thinking that it would be nice to see this product since we have waited so long
I do not know if I will even be able to work with it but just seeing what it is capable of would be nice
I think holding back the ability to allow the users to skin Sage the way they want to is not helping further this product

and furthermore the people will over a hundred post are not going to be the ones who are still experiencing problems with software and have it down
maybe I should have said 50 or 25 if that makes you feel better
Old 05-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Sage Icon

kny3twalker, I think they should only give it to people who have owned Sagetv for more then 8 months. Short timers are not worthy!!
Old 05-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
many many post about nothing being posted maybe

well you also there Hector just give me 18 more like these

anyways I am just thinking that it would be nice to see this product since we have waited so long
I do not know if I will even be able to work with it but just seeing what it is capable of would be nice
I think holding back the ability to allow the users to skin Sage the way they want to is not helping further this product

and furthermore the people will over a hundred post are not going to be the ones who are still experiencing problems with software and have it down
maybe I should have said 50 or 25 if that makes you feel better

I agree with you that it will be great to see Studio. I would expect they are not holding back the ability as much as the ability is not ready for use without some "gotchas" or there are bugs and/or functionality just not ready for a lot of people to use.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that a large number of expert users are easy to support just because they are expert. In many ways that can even be harder.

Anyway I was just kidding about the message count, if you didnt take as humor I apologize.

peace . . .
Old 05-26-2004, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

hey thats fine
I know I am just a short timer but I have owned a pvr card for as long as most of you all
first fighting with Sage 1.3 where you had to pay for subscription, beyondTV previously Snapstream since 3.1
Sage1.4 was not bad but the UI I disliked
as soon as I saw v2 beta was available I jumped onboard

anyways I am not programmer so I probably would not be able to use it
but it would still be nice o be able to see what other creative people have to show

edit

hey thats cool Hector
I think my comment about many many useless post was catching the point of the joke
Old 05-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
hey thats fine
I know I am just a short timer but I have owned a pvr card for as long as most of you all
first fighting with Sage 1.3 where you had to pay for subscription, beyondTV previously Snapstream since 3.1
Sage1.4 was not bad but the UI I disliked
as soon as I saw v2 beta was available I jumped onboard

anyways I am not programmer so I probably would not be able to use it
but it would still be nice o be able to see what other creative people have to show

edit

hey thats cool Hector
I think my comment about many many useless post was catching the point of the joke

I don't think you have to be a programmer to use Studio. I have no idea but I expect it works much like other contruction kit type interfaces that link functions and define attributes. Like pagemaking software or maybe a better example (of what is in my head) would be the menu creation for DVD Lab.

The most important thing to me remains that you can define hooks for external modules (that would need to be coded) so we can build a community of plugins (weather, dvd, caller id, web, email, etc etc).

Anyway I was just being sure about the humor aspect of my post. Sometimes my satire/sarcaism is taken as rudeness or disrespect and I didn't want that to happen.

peace . . .
Old 05-26-2004, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

don't worry about it
(and I did not think you were being rude)
well if I can use it I will but if it is something that has to be left to programmers
Well I would at least like to see it after all the hype
Old 05-27-2004, 07:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by Hector
I don't think you have to be a programmer to use Studio. I have no idea but I expect it works much like other contruction kit type interfaces that link functions and define attributes. Like pagemaking software or maybe a better example (of what is in my head) would be the menu creation for DVD Lab.

The most important thing to me remains that you can define hooks for external modules (that would need to be coded) so we can build a community of plugins (weather, dvd, caller id, web, email, etc etc).

Take a look at XLobby - maybe Studio is something like that, who knows?
Old 05-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just saw a comment posted in the Beta Forum that said you won't need a front-end such as MyHTPC once Studio is released. Does this mean that it will be a fully-functional front-end capable of supporting other applications and capable of multiple screen resolutions? That would be cool....

Andy.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:15 PM

Everything that Sage can do now you will be able to do in Studio.

If by supporting other applications you mean launching them then yes. Not sure what you mean by resolutions since any resolution is supported by Sage now though.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
Everything that Sage can do now you will be able to do in Studio.

If by supporting other applications you mean launching them then yes. Not sure what you mean by resolutions since any resolution is supported by Sage now though.
My HTPC currently runs MyHD and TheaterTek. I'm glad that SageTV will be fine in a 16x9 environment - I'd not tried that so it's good to hear. I'm looking for a front-end that will allow me to kick off these apps (and be returned to when the app closes), and will allow me to control them 'seamlessly' (without switching remotes).

I'm guessing that Studio will do this for me. I can't wait!

Andy.