SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage missed two recordings last night

I am so dissappointed. I had American Idol and Star Trek Enterprise Set up as a favourite and yesterday it didn't record either.

Luckily I wanted to watch American Idol live so I noticed that it wasnt in the recording schedule and recorded automatically. I dind't think about Star Trek though, so I missed the season finale.

Now I'm all freaked out that that might happen again. What's going on?

Anybody knows?

Last edited by ikarus79m; 05-27-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Enterprise is on twice a week, so you haven't truly missed it yet. Is it by any chance scheduled to record the 2nd airing? Also, are the files on your drive, but just not listed in SageTV's recording list?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:44 PM

Just to add to Opus4's comments, by default you can only see the upcoming 3 days in the Upcoming Recordings so even if it is scheduled to record on Sunday you may not see it yet.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

It was supposed to record wednesday already
Old 05-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Administrator

I was just wondering whether there had been a conflict & it delayed Enterprise until the 2nd airing. As far as I know, conflicts can be rescheduled further out than 3 days. Anyway, if the files aren't on your drive anywhere, don't forget to record it when it is on again. I keep seeing comments periodically from people who say shows aren't showing up in their recording list, but the files are on the drive. Restarting SageTV made them finally show up.

The only 'legal' explanantion I can currently think of is if the thing had been sitting on that channel for live TV & the show was marked as watched, so it can be deleted. But, from your explanation, that doesn't seem likely.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ikarus79m
It was supposed to record wednesday already
That does not mean much if it has a conflict (even by padding) if it find another one on in the next two weeks. Something to look into.