SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Phoenix - Ortus Trailers/Playon Menu Items

I just installed the Phoenix Beta and was very impressed by your work, Team Phoenix. Thank you for your time and effort.

For the most part, I think I figured my way around the basic menus and options. I'll probably have more questions later on but one thing I was wondering. Is it possible to add back the menu items for Ortus Traillers and Playon? Granted that it will have a different UI look, I do love the functionality of the Playon menu item and am addicted to Ortus Trailers.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I just installed the Phoenix Beta and was very impressed by your work, Team Phoenix. Thank you for your time and effort.

For the most part, I think I figured my way around the basic menus and options. I'll probably have more questions later on but one thing I was wondering. Is it possible to add back the menu items for Ortus Traillers and Playon? Granted that it will have a different UI look, I do love the functionality of the Playon menu item and am addicted to Ortus Trailers.
I don't know for sure but you can certainly jump out to the Sage7 STV, and we do it from the LandingMenu.xml for music.

Code:
<menuItem label="By Song" name="phoenix.menu.lz.music.bysong" visible="true">
                        <description>Browse the music library (default UI)</description>
                        <eval>AddGlobalContext("gCurCustomSTVFilePath", GetCurrentSTVFile() )</eval>
                        <eval>AddGlobalContext("gTargetMenuName", "Browser - Music")</eval>
                        <eval>AddGlobalContext("gReloadCustomSTVOnHome", true)</eval>
                        <eval>AddGlobalContext("gReloadCustomSTVWithoutConfirm", true)</eval>
                        <eval>AddGlobalContext("newMusicBrowserStyle","xTitle")</eval>
                        <eval>LoadSTVFile(GetDefaultSTVFile())</eval>
                  </menuItem>
This would most likely be the pattern that you'd follow, but I;m not sure of the specifics, since I've never used those plugins myself.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I don't know for sure but you can certainly jump out to the Sage7 STV, and we do it from the LandingMenu.xml for music.

Code:
<menuItem label="By Song" name="phoenix.menu.lz.music.bysong" visible="true">
                        <description>Browse the music library (default UI)</description>
                        <eval>AddGlobalContext("gCurCustomSTVFilePath", GetCurrentSTVFile() )</eval>
                        <eval>AddGlobalContext("gReloadCustomSTVOnHome", true)</eval>
                        <eval>AddGlobalContext("gReloadCustomSTVWithoutConfirm", true)</eval>
                        <eval>AddGlobalContext("newMusicBrowserStyle","xTitle")</eval>
                        <eval>LoadSTVFile(GetDefaultSTVFile())</eval>
                  </menuItem>
This would most likely be the pattern that you'd follow, but I;m not sure of the specifics, since I've never used those plugins myself.
I was thinking that it would work along these lines, unless a Phoenix plugin was developed by Team Ortus or EP. I'm not quite sure what needs to be edited here and what the name of the plugin screens are but maybe with a little playing around, I'll figure it out. If anyone else works it out, please post here. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I suspect at some point that the Ortus Trailer folks might create a plugin for Phoenix brings that functionality to Phoenix. But for now you'll need the method mentioned by stuckless above - basically you jump out of Phoenix to the default UI and access it there, then when you are done in the default UI you jump back to Phoenix.

What you have to figure out basically is what the Menu name for the items in the default STV you are looking for :

In this case the menu name is "Browser - Music".

btl.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

PlayOn might be a bit tricky, but should be possible. I'll take a look.

Edit: Took a look at the code and its not pretty. I'm pretty sure its not possible but Sean would know for sure though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PlayOnShortcut.jpg (76.9 KB, 219 views)

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 06-21-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

2 notes...

1. If you are editing menus, be sure to put your menus in a new menu file, and use the menu fragments to insert your menu where you need it. If you edit files in the STVS/Phoenix area, they will be overwritten.

2. I'll be comming out with a VFS guide on how to extend the vfs for things like trailers, online videos, playon, etc. This way the existing menus for browsing content can be used, and you only need to provide a new "source" for content. There is nothing stopping you from creating your own UI, and bypassing the vfs, but I think the vfs would be a better option. And since this sort of thing would be the first experiment in this area, then I suspect that we may need to make some tweaks to vfs, but we are willing

I've looked at building both playon and trailer implementation in the vfs, and I've started both, but I've never finished either