SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Moviewall as Default?

Seen the Moviewall in Phoenix screen images which looks great.

How do I get this to be the default view for all movies?

At the moment I have a list view like the default UI

Clients: 3 HD300s, 2 HD200s, 1 PS3
Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Guys,

I have no ideal how to get to the Movie Wall or Coverflow view for movies in Phoenix; I only have the list view at present.

Is this covered in some documentation or wiki I can look at somewhere?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

From the landing zone, hit options then select. At the bottom of the window that pops up you will see a 'Customize Landing Zone' item - you can select that and then unhide the views you are looking for. There is a Cover Flow, Movie Wall, Movie Flow - all are hidden by default.

You can also change the default browser to the Grid View, if you want everything to be presented as a wall.

btl.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks

Is BMT the only metadata provider I should be using for all the fanart?

I ask as I have limited memory and I am already running Phoenix core plus mymovies at present.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

In my opinion yes 100%. If u don't like the default sources for metadata I believe ther is a way to add additional sources but Sean would have to tell u for sure
Old 07-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotionnotion View Post
Thanks

I ask as I have limited memory and I am already running Phoenix core plus mymovies at present.
Yes, you just need BMT + Phoenix core. MyMovies is not needed. I wouldn't even recommend it, as it just unnecessarily complicates your setup with the use of an outside application.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotionnotion View Post
Thanks

Technically, Phoenix provides the fanart/metadata lookup services in the core. Even without BMT web ui installed Phoenix will automatically fetch metadata/fanart for newly added items. The BMT web ui is really just a Web UI to the metadata/fanart services in Phoenix.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
From the landing zone, hit options then select. At the bottom of the window that pops up you will see a 'Customize Landing Zone' item - you can select that and then unhide the views you are looking for. There is a Cover Flow, Movie Wall, Movie Flow - all are hidden by default.

You can also change the default browser to the Grid View, if you want everything to be presented as a wall.

btl.
In the above, are you saying that it's possible to choose whether a given view is used for TV Shows versus Movies? I wanted to have the grid show for movies, and have the list show for TV Shows. But where I'm changing it, it seems to get set for both. Also, I don't see anything called "Cover Flow", "Movie Wall" or "Move Flow" no matter where I look. And by the way, I just installed Pheonix this weekend, so I should be current.

Oh! Could this be a symptom of having installed Pheonix on Sage V7 after having it installed on Sage 6?
Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

There's not a way to set it to select a view based on the content of the view - the system doesn't know that view X is made up of all TV shows, while view Y is Movies.

What you can do is modify the Landing Zone to have menu items that launch a particular browser with a particular view.

Cover Flow, Movie Wall, and Movie Flow are all hidden by default in the current phoenix release, so you need to go in and un-hide them. This is done from the menu mentioned above.
btl.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Bialo. The thing I was missing was to go right a second time after I selected Videos. I see the hidden items now.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Sounds like a good enhancement if you could allow views to have meta data on their type - and allow a browser to be chosen automatically or selected from the view types.

Thoughts?