SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Let me know if version 0.423 fixes this. Thanks for all the help in narrowing this down... I do not use a mouse with SageTV so I seldom check if my interface works with the mouse... although QLM should work with the mouse too as I did test some of that... I guess mouse testing is now in my future

k
VICTORY! Works like a champ.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

Now that you've squashed that bug I'll ask my question:

Quote:
Updated Default Menus
All menu items in the Default Menus are now ADM controllable menu items
Removed the use of any SageTV submenus from the default menus as they are less flexible
The items under "More Online Services" in "Online" seems to still be a hard-coded SageTV submenu. I would like to take some of the items from in there and move them up one level (as Weather and YouTube are) and then delete the "More Online Services" menu.

S
Old 09-04-2011, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I just tried it. It works great on my SageTV Windows PC client. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Let me know if version 0.423 fixes this. Thanks for all the help in narrowing this down... I do not use a mouse with SageTV so I seldom check if my interface works with the mouse... although QLM should work with the mouse too as I did test some of that... I guess mouse testing is now in my future

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
Now that you've squashed that bug I'll ask my question:

The items under "More Online Services" in "Online" seems to still be a hard-coded SageTV submenu. I would like to take some of the items from in there and move them up one level (as Weather and YouTube are) and then delete the "More Online Services" menu.

S
After playing around with ADM and the "Online" menu I'm thinking another possibility would be to create my own "More Online Services" menu as a true menu on the third level and add only those items from the default menu that are not duplicated on the second level.

This still would require that the items in the default "More Online Services" menu be converted for use with ADM.

S
Old 09-06-2011, 04:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
After playing around with ADM and the "Online" menu I'm thinking another possibility would be to create my own "More Online Services" menu as a true menu on the third level and add only those items from the default menu that are not duplicated on the second level.

This still would require that the items in the default "More Online Services" menu be converted for use with ADM.

S
I will look into this for the next release... should not be a huge issue for most of the items... some get loaded from a properties file that SageTV maintains I think so that would have to be dynamic incase that list changes (not likely a big risk though!).

Let me know which items you are most interested in from that menu and I will work on those first.

k
Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, I don't think there's much risk of that list changing any

When I get home I'll look closely and see which items I am most interested in. I haven't actually used much of any of them except to peek at a few but they all seem too nice to delete. I think my biggest issue is that the default hardcoded menu just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the layout and also that there are duplicates from the second level.

The default hardcoded menu really is "All Online Services" but it is a submenu of Online with some of its items on the same level as itself.

In short, the whole Online menu just irks me and I need to fix it

S
Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've been dipping my toe into the ADM waters on my extender and it is a wonderful plugin. Thanks You. I installed a client recently so I can play and be a bit more adventurous with ADM (don't want to mess too much with the extenders, AKA WAF). I ran into trouble rite at the get go. Loaded ADM on the 7.1.9.256 client (ADM and Playon are the only plugins loaded) and with the first reload of the UI, the first/top menu completely disappeared. Using the options key, brings up the ADM Manager, and there is nothing in the right side window. Then setting "ADM is disabled" in the ADM Manager brings back the top level menu (after exiting ADM). With ADM enabled, it goes away again. I also tried "Load Default Menus", but still the top level and right window in ADM are blank. I checked the wiki and this thread, but did not see anybody else with this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bobby

Last edited by BobbyDing; 09-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
I've been dipping my toe into the ADM waters on my extender and it is a wonderful plugin. Thanks You. I installed a client recently so I can play and be a bit more adventurous with ADM (don't want to mess too much with the extenders, AKA WAF). I ran into trouble rite at the get go. Loaded ADM on the 7.1.9.256 client (ADM and Playon are the only plugins loaded) and with the first reload of the UI, the first/top menu completely disappeared. Using the options key, brings up the ADM Manager, and there is nothing in the right side window. Then setting "ADM is disabled" in the ADM Manager brings back the top level menu (after exiting ADM). With ADM enabled, it goes away again. I also tried "Load Default Menus", but still the top level and right window in ADM are blank. I checked the wiki and this thread, but did not see anybody else with this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bobby
If Load Default Menus does not show any menu items within ADM then I would start by seeing if the default files exist for ADM to load from. They are stored under the clients SageTV folder, under STVs/ADM/defaults,... there should be five files and the ADMDefault.properties file should be dated Sept 2nd. If these files are missing then the install did not happen properly so try an uninstall and reinstall.

If these files are in place then the process to load these may be failing. First try Clearing all the ADM settings by going into Options, go into Advanced mode then select Clear all settings.

If that does not work then make sure your client is in Debug mode, make sure ADM is Enabled, close and restart the client, Go into ADM Manager and then close the client and send me the client debug log (either sagetvclient_0.txt or sagetv_0.txt).

k
Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the quick reply. There are 5 properties files present in STVs/ADM/defaults. Clearing ADM did not work. Here's the file you mentioned.

Thanks!

Bobby
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (255.2 KB, 127 views)
Old 09-08-2011, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. There are 5 properties files present in STVs/ADM/defaults. Clearing ADM did not work. Here's the file you mentioned.

Thanks!

Bobby
The first error I see that is certainly causing this issue is...

Code:
FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMStandardActions.properties
This shows that ADM can not locate the Default files. Can you check your path to these files and see if your is different than what ADM is looking for above.

k
Old 09-08-2011, 10:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The first error I see that is certainly causing this issue is...

Code:
FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMStandardActions.properties
This shows that ADM can not locate the Default files. Can you check your path to these files and see if your is different than what ADM is looking for above.

k
Yeah-that path won't work on 32bit Windows. Does ADM try to determine 32 vs 64 bit? Or it's based on the Sage install path?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Yeah-that path won't work on 32bit Windows. Does ADM try to determine 32 vs 64 bit? Or it's based on the Sage install path?

Gerry
I use the SageTV api call for GetWorkingDirectory and then append accordingly. I have 64bit windows and it works but no way to test 32 bit windows. Is there a better method than using the SageTV api function?

k
Old 09-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Sage Icon

I don't know if this helps but just in case it does I have 32-bit Win 7 and I am not seeing this error.

S
Old 09-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm. Not sure what happened there.
There is a directory and single file on this XP client "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMbackup.properties", but that is the only file that is in there (nothing else under Program Files x86). It must be something I did wrong somewhere, since nobody else has seen this. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADM on the XP client, but it comes out the same. This client is on XP 32 bit. There is another Win 7 64 bit PC client and the server is Win 7 64 bit. They all have ADM installed. This lone XP client is the only one doing this. Should I try uninstalling Sage completely from the XP machine and re installing that to see it that clears the issue?

(EDITED - added info above)

Thanks,

Bobby

Last edited by BobbyDing; 09-09-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There is a directory and single file on this XP client "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMbackup.properties", but that is the only file that is in there (nothing else under Program Files x86). It must be something I did wrong somewhere, since nobody else has seen this. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADM on the XP client, but it comes out the same. This client is on XP 32 bit. There is another Win 7 64 bit PC client and the server is Win 7 64 bit. They all have ADM installed. This lone XP client is the only one doing this. Should I try uninstalling Sage completely from the XP machine and re installing that to see it that clears the issue?

Thanks,

Bobby
I am not sure how that file was created as backup files should be created in userdata\ADM under the SageTV directory.

A reinstall may work but if this is just a test client and otherwise it is working Ok for you, then you could just cheat and copy the 5 files from your real ADM\defaults directory to the one ADM is looking for and then ADM should find them. Any future ADM update will not update that location though so you would need to copy these files if you update the version in the future on this test client.

As I am not sure what would cause SageTV to provide the wrong working directory so it's hard to guess at a solution.

k

k
Old 09-09-2011, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
As I am not sure what would cause SageTV to provide the wrong working directory so it's hard to guess at a solution.
Is it evaluating the installation directory of Sage on the server instead of evaluating the actual client it is installed on?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Is it evaluating the installation directory of Sage on the server instead of evaluating the actual client it is installed on?

Gerry
Very possible as I am not passing in a context for this call. I will make that change and upload a new API version... likely in the next few days.

k
Old 09-09-2011, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

ADM Version 0.42 (STVI 0.424 - API 0.424)

• Fix for incorrect WorkingDirectory Path on some clients

No need to update to this version unless you are having issues.

k
Old 09-09-2011, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks,

Bobby
Let me know if 0.424 fixes this for you.

k
Old 09-11-2011, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't mean to point fingers but ADM is the only plugin that I have installed in quite a while and I have started getting Out of Memory errors in Sage. Is this possibly from ADM?