SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

FYI

Ive bypassed the issue for the moment by copying all the properties files from
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults
to
Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults
All the menus etc seem to work fine after doing that.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
FYI

Ive bypassed the issue for the moment by copying all the properties files from
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults
to
Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults
All the menus etc seem to work fine after doing that.
A similar issue was reported and I made a fix in 0.424. I assume you are using that version. Please let me know and provide some details of your system such as client/extender etc and I will see if I can find out why the GetWorkingDirectory API call is not always returning the real SageTV Working Directory. A full debug log could help me too.

k
Old 10-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
A similar issue was reported and I made a fix in 0.424. I assume you are using that version. Please let me know and provide some details of your system such as client/extender etc and I will see if I can find out why the GetWorkingDirectory API call is not always returning the real SageTV Working Directory. A full debug log could help me too.

k
Im running 0.424 Beta and have never used anything else on this client. Also have sagex-api 7.1.9.2 and zadmapi 0.424 Beta installed, but no other plugins on this client.
Client is a new build of Windows 7 64bit. Latest SageTV client. Java 1.6.0_27, STV is 2011061301. (New client1 in my signature)

The Server is running XP 32bit, also latest SageTV version. Not installed ADM on that yet.

Debug log attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_admissue.zip (40.0 KB, 123 views)
Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

jusjoken,

I found a bug sorta in your code... It appears on clients you get the ADM install directory from the server instead of the local Client... My server is installed in drive R.... My clients run in a seperate pc and are installed in drive c:\... Shouldn't it be getting the local install directory from the client? This causes for the main menu and all items to be a Blank Screen.

Code:
Wed 10/12 7:45:08.893 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] Orig NetworkPathPwdCache=[{}]
Wed 10/12 7:45:08.896 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ThisSTVSetVersionNum=2011061301, STV File=C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\SageTV7.xml
Wed 10/12 7:45:08.936 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] Using default logging, since log4j is not in the classpath.
Wed 10/12 7:45:08.991 [AWTThreadWatcher-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI@1d8e362] EventThread-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI Hang Detected - hang time = 21787
Wed 10/12 7:45:09.170 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] Creating new FreeType font face for fonts\DejaVuSans size=15 style=0 from=C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\fonts\DejaVuSans.ttf
R:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMStandardActions.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.008 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: uLoadSageBGVariablesList: file not found loading SageBGVariables ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: R:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMSageBGVariables.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.010 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: uLoadSageBGList: Loaded BGVariables
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.015 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: uLoadSageBGList: Getting '0' backgrounds + UI = 'SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI' tBackgrounds = '[Ljava.lang.String;@19175da'
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.018 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: uLoadSubMenuListLevel1: file not found loading standard actions ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: R:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMSageSubMenus1.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.022 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: uLoadSubMenuListLevel2: file not found loading standard actions ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: R:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMSageSubMenus2.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.025 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: uInitADM - One Time initialization complete.
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.026 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: mMenuNodeList: creating MenuNodeList for 'SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI'
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.028 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: mroot: creating root for 'SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI'
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.033 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: mLoadMenuItemsFromSage: no MenuItems found - loading default menu.
Wed 10/12 7:45:11.037 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] ADM: mImportMenuItems: file not found inporting menus ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: R:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMDefault.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-12-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
It appears on clients you get the ADM install directory from the server instead of the local Client... My server is installed in drive R....
Temporary fix ... From the run prompt type
Code:
subst R: C:\
Then start the client.

This will give you a temporary R drive that points to the C drive.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I already have a fix for it... just letting him know thanks.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I already have a fix for it... just letting him know thanks.
Thanks. I know the issue. I am just not sure of the fix yet as I am using a built in API for the call... But I will come up with a different approach for the next release... It's tough to test though as all my clients and the server have the same path....

K
Old 10-13-2011, 10:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks. I know the issue. I am just not sure of the fix yet as I am using a built in API for the call... But I will come up with a different approach for the next release... It's tough to test though as all my clients and the server have the same path....

K
As you've seen, GetWorkingDirectory() returns the install path for the server, even if run on a client. I think what I've done in the path was infer the install location from something like GetParent(GetParent(GetProperty("STV")))

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-14-2011, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
As you've seen, GetWorkingDirectory() returns the install path for the server, even if run on a client. I think what I've done in the path was infer the install location from something like GetParent(GetParent(GetProperty("STV")))
I think a call to java.lang.System.getProperty("user.dir") from the client GUI should get the working directory on the client.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I think a call to java.lang.System.getProperty("user.dir") from the client GUI should get the working directory on the client.
Thanks for the suggestions... I will check them out.

K
Old 10-22-2011, 10:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Any idea why this happens every once in a while? This happens only with mouse hover over menus. Im guessing it would only happen to someone that uses the mouse a lot AND uses MyTV with ADM. I haven't posted about this before because I've not been able to take a screenshot of it when it happens until now:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Any idea why this happens every once in a while? This happens only with mouse hover over menus. Im guessing it would only happen to someone that uses the mouse a lot AND uses MyTV with ADM. I haven't posted about this before because I've not been able to take a screenshot of it when it happens until now:
No idea... but next time I dig into that code I will see what might be causing this.

k
Old 11-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Sage Icon

Can not Delete Exit menu item

I have an issue when I Delete the "Exit" menu option on my HD300's. As soon as I turn them off and back on the Exit menu is back.

I am running SageTv 7.1.9 with then latest beta of Diamond.

Nice plug-in, very easy to use.

Thanks,
Skybolt
Old 11-24-2011, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
I have an issue when I Delete the "Exit" menu option on my HD300's. As soon as I turn them off and back on the Exit menu is back.

I am running SageTv 7.1.9 with then latest beta of Diamond.

Nice plug-in, very easy to use.

Thanks,
Skybolt
Can you let me know if you can just set the show property to Hide and if that works.

Thanks
K
Old 11-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you let me know if you can just set the show property to Hide and if that works.

Thanks
K
Jusjoken's suggestion is what I've always done. Never deleted a menu item, just Hide the ones I don't want to see.

Figure easier this way if I ever DO want to see them, I can just Show them again.

Never had a problem with it coming back if Hide
Old 01-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Sage Icon

Jusjoken,

I am suddenly having the same situation as described above, except it's not just the Exit item that keeps reappearing, it's every main menu item I delete. I create the menu that I want (on the extender), export it, and everything is fine, until I turn off (sleep) the extender. When I turn it back on, the original menu items are interspersed with my menu items, creating a long list (that requires scrolling). Even if I choose "delete all menu items" and start from scratch, and then import the menu again (I exported it when it was the way I wanted), it does not work; it gives me the original items mixed in with mine.

What really stumps me is that I have never had issues in the past, and have been running this custom menu for a long time. It just started happening.

I can use the "hide" to make them go away and that works fine - when I shut down (sleep) an extender and then turn it back on, it's fine.

Some background:
This past weekend, I had to reinstall Sage and do everything from scratch because a hard drive crashed. Since then, everything had been working fine for three days, but this morning it started acting funny (the menu was suddenly showing the original items). Shortly after that, I could not get any extender to start up - I could go through the manual (settings) startup, and it saw the server, and seemed fine, but when I tried to connect to the server, it would go black, and even lose signal completely (LCD TV would show the "HDMI1" pop-up, indicating no signal). On my old HD100s, the "link" light would flash every second or so (a consistent "blink... blink... blink"). I was able to remedy it by disabling ADM on my server instance of Sage, and restarting Sage completely. Since getting the extenders to work by using the "hide" function on those original menu items, I was able to enable the server instance and import that same saved menu (with hidden items). So far, it's okay.

I'm wondering if perhaps the glitches could be caused by something in the Extender properties files, in the "clients" folder? Those properties files have a lot of ADM lines in them. Could those lines be deleted manually (would they re-write), or would that really mess things up?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Jusjoken,

I am suddenly having the same situation as described above, except it's not just the Exit item that keeps reappearing, it's every main menu item I delete. I create the menu that I want (on the extender), export it, and everything is fine, until I turn off (sleep) the extender. When I turn it back on, the original menu items are interspersed with my menu items, creating a long list (that requires scrolling). Even if I choose "delete all menu items" and start from scratch, and then import the menu again (I exported it when it was the way I wanted), it does not work; it gives me the original items mixed in with mine.

What really stumps me is that I have never had issues in the past, and have been running this custom menu for a long time. It just started happening.

I can use the "hide" to make them go away and that works fine - when I shut down (sleep) an extender and then turn it back on, it's fine.

Some background:
This past weekend, I had to reinstall Sage and do everything from scratch because a hard drive crashed. Since then, everything had been working fine for three days, but this morning it started acting funny (the menu was suddenly showing the original items). Shortly after that, I could not get any extender to start up - I could go through the manual (settings) startup, and it saw the server, and seemed fine, but when I tried to connect to the server, it would go black, and even lose signal completely (LCD TV would show the "HDMI1" pop-up, indicating no signal). On my old HD100s, the "link" light would flash every second or so (a consistent "blink... blink... blink"). I was able to remedy it by disabling ADM on my server instance of Sage, and restarting Sage completely. Since getting the extenders to work by using the "hide" function on those original menu items, I was able to enable the server instance and import that same saved menu (with hidden items). So far, it's okay.

I'm wondering if perhaps the glitches could be caused by something in the Extender properties files, in the "clients" folder? Those properties files have a lot of ADM lines in them. Could those lines be deleted manually (would they re-write), or would that really mess things up?
I am working on an ADM release with a few small fixes so I will take a look and see if I can find this issue.

You can manually delete properties entries but the simplest is to use ADM Manager and go into Options, select "Currently using Basic Options" if it does not say Advanced, and then select "Clear All ADM Settings". This will delete all ADM settings from the specific client properties... then try reloading your menu.

Let me know if that solves this issue... as it is likely going to be hard to find... although I have seen it myself, but have not found a solution yet.

k
Old 01-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have a problem with hiding commands in the submenus under the main menu. For instance, if go under the Setup menu and hide things like the Configuration Wizard or Parental Controls. At some point, my Setup menu will stop working, because one of these hidden menu items apparently has gotten focus and prevents me from scrolling through the menu. Any idea how to prevent this from happening?
Old 01-02-2012, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn View Post
I have a problem with hiding commands in the submenus under the main menu. For instance, if go under the Setup menu and hide things like the Configuration Wizard or Parental Controls. At some point, my Setup menu will stop working, because one of these hidden menu items apparently has gotten focus and prevents me from scrolling through the menu. Any idea how to prevent this from happening?
Do you use a mouse to navigate? Is this on a client PC or an extender? does it happen whenever you hide an item or just randomly after?

Any other info would be helpful as I have many hidden items and no issues with scrolling through any menus so I will need more info to narrow this down to fix it.

thanks
k
Old 01-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

It's on a HD300 extender, so no mouse control involved. First time it happened, I'm pretty sure I made the mistake of hiding a command that currently had focus. Once I realized what happened, I went back, un-hid it, changed focus, and then re-hid it. That worked fine and then for some reason the problem came back at a later date. I'm wondering if I should just delete the commands instead of hiding them, I could always restore the default menu if I need them back...