SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

Install question

Excited to try Phoenix (looks great)... all set to start experimenting.

The question I have is can I install the plug-in / co-exist with the SageMC plugin at the same time? Or do I need to uninstall SageMC first...
Old 07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Excited to try Phoenix (looks great)... all set to start experimenting.

The question I have is can I install the plug-in / co-exist with the SageMC plugin at the same time? Or do I need to uninstall SageMC first...
You do not need to uninstall anything. In fact, if you already have BMT installed, then the only additional thing that you are really installing is the STV ui.

So, go ahead, pick a placeshifter, extender, etc, and try it out. And you can easily uninstall it as well.

Phoenix will co-exist with SageMC, Diamond, SMM, etc.

Just remember that after you install the Phoenix UI plugin, then restart the server (even though it won't ask) because the Phoenix UI installs some additional themese/configurations that are only picked up on an restart.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Both can exist at the same time. You just load the Phoenix.xml STV instead of SAgeMC_169.xml and you're good to go.

Edit: Missed it by that much....
Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Great that was what I was hoping / expecting from the discussion threads...

Phoenix here I come

Quick follow-on question: Where does Phoenix store the meta data associated with the screens? Will this meta-data affect the STV if I reload the native STV? How do I clean it up?
Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Great that was what I was hoping / expecting from the discussion threads...

Phoenix here I come

Quick follow-on question: Where does Phoenix store the meta data associated with the screens? Will this meta-data affect the STV if I reload the native STV? How do I clean it up?
Not quite sure what you mean... but Phoenix will cache data in the userdata/Phoenix area and it will not collide with the default stv. As for movie/tv metadata it uses the Wiz.bin. BMT is really just a web front end to phoenix, and phoenix does all the lookups, fanart, etc. So, if you have bmt installed, then you also already have 90% of phoenix installed as well (just missing the UI piece).
Old 07-06-2011, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
So, if you have bmt installed, then you also already have 90% of phoenix installed as well (just missing the UI piece).
Hey!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hey!
lol - but it's really the last 10% that counts the most (and the only thing that people get to see and appreciate )

EDIT: And just people don't get the impression that the UI is only 10% of phoenix... The UI really is 100% of Phoenix (I don't write in the UI side of things so I tend to overlook how much effort goes into making Phoenix great )

Last edited by stuckless; 07-06-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Sage Icon

Does the SageMC plugin use BMT? Otherwise I would not yet have installed it separately yet...

I assume when you upgrade the Phoenix plug-in it will update all of its dependencies as well?

Quote:
Not quite sure what you mean... but Phoenix will cache data in the userdata/Phoenix area and it will not collide with the default stv. As for movie/tv metadata it uses the Wiz.bin. BMT is really just a web front end to phoenix, and phoenix does all the lookups, fanart, etc.
From my past experience with BMT (quite a while ago) - it sometimes wrote to the meta data in Wiz.bin and occasionally had a bug... that would irreversibly affect the STV too.. sounds like the BMT layout is still roughly the same from the last time I used it?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Does the SageMC plugin use BMT? Otherwise I would not yet have installed it separately yet...

I assume when you upgrade the Phoenix plug-in it will update all of its dependencies as well?

From my past experience with BMT (quite a while ago) - it sometimes wrote to the meta data in Wiz.bin and occasionally had a bug... that would irreversibly affect the STV too.. sounds like the BMT layout is still roughly the same from the last time I used it?
SageMC can use BMT if you want fanart... but SageMC doesn't require BMT.