SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Sage Icon

Modes are good on Client but not when I try on Extender

OK. Real noob here but I have been able to figure out some of the stuff but am baffled right now.

I'm want to make some changes to Diamond (putting TableRow in front of TV listings). I understand that my changes might/probably won't stay if Diamond has a new release and I might need to redo my changes for a new release.

So I loaded up the base STV & installed Diamond on my laptop. Made the changes in Studio to what I want. Saved the xml. When I put the xml to the test server, not all of the changes are there and some of the display has gotten messed up.

I'm assuming that my problem might be with loading other plugins afterwards and/or other plugins do not match between the two.

I'm confused at this point. Would appreciate help on procedures I should take.

Redo on laptop with just Diamond installed? Make changes again. Then save XML or do I make a STVi? Then on Test Server, uninstall all except Diamond. Use XML or Import STVi, then reinstall the other plugins?

Or am I going about this all wrong?
Old 07-18-2011, 06:37 AM
Sage Icon

Also, if I have the GKusnick plugins installed, do/should I need to uninstall or disable them prior to saving the XML/STVi?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

You can save the xml and load it from other machines but you will need to disable the diamond ui mod or it will get loaded twice that is probably where you are having the errors.