SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Sage User

Only a subset of fanart is displayed

I have installed the fanart for the SageTV7 STV, TVExplorer and Fanart for Malore menus to see if fanart is displayed/used correctly. All have about the same amount of success, limited. Since they all share Phoenix as an API to retrieve the fanart they should display, I figured I must have a Phoenix problem/bug, so here I am.

I have installed BMT and Ortus fanart collection code at different times, and have a pretty complete collection of fanart. I manually combined these collections into the Ortus directory structure, and changed the paths in the STVi configurations as well as BMT so that I do not have multiple fanart collections.

I have approximately 50 different series that have been recorded over the past year or so. All but a couple series have proper fanart downloaded into the appropriate directories. When I use any of the STVi's (listed above) that utilize fanart I only have about 6 series that have a banner displayed, the rest show only text. I have turned on DEBUG mode (at DEBUG level) for the logging, and have looked through the log files (all that I can find), and don't see any errors or obvious problems.

After many hours of troubleshooting I haven't made any progress, and don't know what to try next. If someone could recommend where I can go to look for the possible cause of this problem, I would really appreciate it.

I am using the most recent version of SageTV 7, and the most recent version of phoenix and STVi's. The server is running 32-bit XP, and the HD-200 extender behaves the same.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Sage User

I made a big run at this problem last night, removed every non-critical plugin (even the disabled ones), then installed 'Fuzzy's Malore Tweaks' plugin, and voila, it works!

There are a few series that don't have banners, but I didn't get a chance to look at those as it was VERY late by the time I got this working! The first glance through the list of series that didn't have banners I think they have a slight naming mismatch that is making them not show up. All of the shows had special characters [':-] in them. Is there a mapping for these to a space, or something more sophisticated?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 AM
SageTVaholic

We aren't ignoring your questions, but stuckless is the one who will have the answers, and he's on vacation.

btl.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Sage User

Thanks for that, I didn't realize he was on vacation.

I will continue to work on it in the meantime. I think the hardest problems are behind me!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Sage User

Good news! I renamed a few fanart directories and now all shows that have fanart available from tvdb are displaying it correctly! The bad news is that I haven't found a way to tell BMT that I did this, so any new fanart will be downloaded to the original directory instead of this new directory. Oh well, not a big deal.

Now, I just need to get video imports to show up with my Recordings (automatically) and I will be set! That way I can compress and rename select shows and have them all together with the newly recorded shows!