SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does your Ceton or HDHR Prime pause between shows?

I started a thread in the general forum inquiring about peoples' experience with Sage v7 and whether the "pause" between shows is gone. for me it isn't and (even worse) many of the times the show switchover happens, Sage just kicks me back out to the guide instead of just pausing for a few seconds. After really scrutinizing the behavior in a controlled environment, I have determined that it only occurs when watching shows using SageDCT with my new Ceton Infinitv 4 so I thought I should post in the Hardware forum.

Sooooo the question is, does anyone have the Ceton card working with no pause between shows? If so, did you have to do anything like add or change settings somewhere or did it Just Work? Also, if anyone has seen the kicked out to the guide behavior at show boundaries I would appreciate knowing I am not alone!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:39 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Since you mention HDHR Prime in your title, I will answer. I too see the pause between shows when watching with my Prime (1-2 second black screen). I do not get kicked out to the guide though. I was never bothered by the pause between the shows before SageTV 7 came out, but it was nice to see the smooth transition. I haven't looked recently, but there is a setting in SageTV to tell it not to "retune" when staying on the same channel. That may only affect IR blasters though.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I was never really bothered by it either but this guide thing is killing me. Sounds like it is related to something SageDCT has to do to start the file being written. Hopefully I can figure the guide thing out. It is like there is something at the beginning of a tuning process that isn't quite right and causes the file to stop playing. It is still recording though. If I go back into the show, I can rewind but inevitably I see glitches and artifacts at the very very beginning of the file. Strange.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, SageDCT is a network encoder, and the network encoder protocol doesn't support the seamless recording transition feature (too complex to implement on something that could be on another machine), that's only available to native tuners. I get the same thing with my R5000, though I've never used enough live TV to know if I get kicked back to the guide.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. That is what I figured. Makes sense to me. I am still dropping out to the guide whenever the Ceton has to tune a new channel. I think it has something to do with the Ceton taking a while to tune or encountering an error at the begining of a tune. Still researching it but I have definitely isolated it to the Ceton. As usual, I seem to be the only person with this issue, which sort of frustrates me and sort of gives me hope.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Sage User

I just added a HDHR Prime with SageDCT over the weekend. I do see the pause between recordings but don't get kicked to the guide.