SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

IMDB Default Lookup?

Is there a way of setting IMDB to be the default lookup?

Lately nothing is found until I do it manually in BMT. I switch to IMDB and that finds the correct listing everytime.

EDIT: I should note that BMT/Phoenix uses themoviedb.org (tmdb) instead of imdb.org (IMDB) by default - at least for me.
The issue is it never gets it right when automaticlly scanning.

Thanks,
Skybolt

Last edited by Skybolt; 10-14-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Is there a way of setting IMDB to be the default lookup?

Lately nothing is found until I do it manually in BMT. I switch to IMDB and that finds the correct listing everytime.

EDIT: I should note that BMT/Phoenix uses themoviedb.org (tmdb) instead of imdb.org (IMDB) by default - at least for me.
The issue is it never gets it right when automaticlly scanning.

Thanks,
Skybolt
You can change the providers in the BMT web ui configuration. Click on configure, then enter movie in the search box and click the find icon. You should see some results, one of which is Movie Metadata Providers. Make sure imdb is first in that list and it will use that first. (don't forget to click save)
Old 10-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
You can change the providers in the BMT web ui configuration. Click on configure, then enter movie in the search box and click the find icon. You should see some results, one of which is Movie Metadata Providers. Make sure imdb is first in that list and it will use that first. (don't forget to click save)
Thanks, I guess I have somthing messed up somewhere because I tried that. IMDB, tmdb is how it's entered. I deleted all .properties by mistake and when everything was rescaned the info was not found for any movie.

I am sure by the end of the day I will have completely screwed everyting up and fan art will be virtually impossable.

thanks,
Skybolt
Old 10-14-2011, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Thanks, I guess I have somthing messed up somewhere because I tried that. IMDB, tmdb is how it's entered. I deleted all .properties by mistake and when everything was rescaned the info was not found for any movie.

I am sure by the end of the day I will have completely screwed everyting up and fan art will be virtually impossable.

thanks,
Skybolt
If you rescan, by default, BMT will not scan movies that have an existing MediaTitle or MediaType (ie, those are fields that BMT fills in, and if it has data, then it will skip the files). You will need to tell BMT overwrite if you want it to forcefully update existing files.

I'd advise that instead of doing this for ALL files, just pick a folder view and do small folder of items to see if it is working.

And, when you scan files, while the metadata gets updated quickly, the fanart may not be fully updated until a few minutes or few hours after the scan completes... depending on how many items you have.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
... I'd advise that instead of doing this for ALL files, just pick a folder view and do small folder of items to see if it is working...
Thanks I'll give that a try.

Skybolt