SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Sage User

On screen menu thru tvout?

I am evaulating the SageTV 2 trial and I am unable to display menus via TV OUT on the Nvidia ti4200. The menu seems fine on the PC monitor, but I get no menu on the tvout, only the video for whatever channel Sage is set to. I have enabled overlay through Nvidia's driver, and I can see TV output, just not any of the menus. Do you have any ideas as to how to get the Sage menus to work through tvout?

Video renderer has been set to Default, Overlay and VMR9 with no success. Also using 2 PVR250 MCE tv tuners.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Do you see the windows desktop and other applications with TV Out? If you can't you don't have the video card settings correct. You need to have the TV output setup to either mirror the PC monitor or as a second monitor.

Last edited by malore; 06-04-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

If you have video mirror enabled, try disabling it.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Sage User

I can see the desktop and have mirroring enabled. I used the tvout all the time to watch movies on my tv. I'll try disabling mirroring when I get home. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, what Video Mirror does is duplicate whatever's in overlay on one display fullscreen on the other (I used it for a while too). The problem is, the Sage OSD (or any OSD probably) isn't actually part of the overlay, it's displayed over the Overlay, so it doesn't get coppied to the second display.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:36 PM
SageTVaholic

well could you not just set the TV to primary display then?
Old 06-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Sage User

I figured it out. I was using Dual View, not Clone. Normally I use clone but changed it around hoping that the Sage would fill the screen like video overlay, but overlay in Sage must be different than regular video overlay and ful screen video. Anyways, switched to Clone, then I set the resolution to 1024x768 instead of 1280X1024 so both the TV and the Monitor would match and the Menus were centered on the TV. Adjusted the overscan a bit, and everything looks good.

Thanks for the help!