SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
It's committed. After I merge in your changes I'll package an update for SageTV users.
Ok can you add me emveepee to the project please.

Thanks,

Martin
Old 09-19-2016, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Version 1.3.1 of Live PVR Server is now available:
* Fix College Football monitor showing start time only
* Enable support for Formula One and NASCAR monitors (thanks emveepee)
Old 11-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Sage User

Never mind, I looked too early. They are all there now.

There are 22 college basketball games today (Nov. 24, 2016), 17 on channels I get, but my .../livepvrdata/events page shows
Code:
COLLEGE BASKETBALL
==================
No games for this date.

Last edited by jbbtex; 11-24-2016 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Wasn't really a problem
Old 11-24-2016, 01:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbtex View Post
Never mind, I looked too early. They are all there now.
Ok, good . I was typing out a reply and then I noticed your edit.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

SRE - College Football Bowl Games - override?

Recently started using SRE - it's awesome... Not sure why it took me so long. Missing the end of the last World Series game was the last straw.

Just wanted to make sure I'm making the correct adjustments for the upcoming College Football Bowl games.

It looks like SRE doesn't automatically enable because the titles are not the typical "College Football" but instead say "Frey Technologies Sugar Bowl" or something like that.

I think I've correctly set an override by changing the title to say "College Football" - it now shows the SRE icon on the guide and I think it's good to go.

Did I do that correctly? Could SRE be set up to just look for the team names instead of the program title?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-uberpixel

Last edited by uberpixel; 12-31-2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Words
Old 12-31-2016, 11:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpixel View Post
Recently started using SRE - it's awesome... Not sure why it took me so long. Missing the end of the last World Series game was the last straw.

Just wanted to make sure I'm making the correct adjustments for the upcoming College Football Bowl games.

It looks like SRE doesn't automatically enable because the titles are not the typical "College Football" but instead say "Frey Technologies Sugar Bowl" or something like that.

I think I've correctly set an override by changing the title to say "College Football" - it now shows the SRE icon on the guide and I think it's good to go.

Did I do that correctly? Could SRE be set up to just look for the team names instead of the program title?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-uberpixel
Yes, that's all you need to do.

The issue with only looking for team names is that many non-event sports programming may contain team names. You could end up with a lot of false positives. That said, it's certainly possible that the logic could potentially be improved.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

The issue with only looking for team names is that many non-event sports programming may contain team names. You could end up with a lot of false positives. That said, it's certainly possible that the logic could potentially be improved.
I'd have to check a little more closely, but I think at least for the Schedules Direct EPG data, I've only seen teams listed when it was a sporting event. Also if you really want to fine tune that, you should know that in categories, all sporting events are flagged "Sports event" as the first category. That is true for both WarlockRipper and Schedules Direct.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

I can confirm that my approach (probably already documented and discussed somewhere) worked fine.

It would be cool if the logic were improved to automatically pick up on these odd-ball scenarios, but as long as they are infrequent it's not a big deal - just need to remember to add the override - although it feels like it's the sort of the thing the plugin was created to avoid in the first place.

-uberpixel
Old 01-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpixel View Post
Recently started using SRE - it's awesome... Not sure why it took me so long. Missing the end of the last World Series game was the last straw.!

-uberpixel
Best app evah!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I'd have to check a little more closely, but I think at least for the Schedules Direct EPG data, I've only seen teams listed when it was a sporting event. Also if you really want to fine tune that, you should know that in categories, all sporting events are flagged "Sports event" as the first category. That is true for both WarlockRipper and Schedules Direct.
Echoing what EnE mentioned, while there are plenty of non-game 'specials' and sports news programs that might include a team name in the title or the description, I don't think I've ever seen one that includes the 'team' as an actor in the show. This combined with the check on category should get rid of most the potential misses. Worst case, if it does flag a news program or show, it is unlikely to matter, as I can't imagine it affecting anything to get a false positive for a 'game' that it cannot then find the live data for.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, 10 years with Sage and I've been adding an hour to all Seahawks games the whole time. Didn't know about SRE. Going to add it tonight.
Thanks guys!
Old 01-05-2017, 12:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapath View Post
Wow, 10 years with Sage and I've been adding an hour to all Seahawks games the whole time. Didn't know about SRE. Going to add it tonight.
Thanks guys!
Yeah. I've been using it for the past few weeks and it has been great. Just watch out for the "specials". Haven't checked yet but the program title for the NFL playoffs might trip it up. You can always test it on some regular season NBA games for the Sonics to make sure it's working okay - oops never mind . If the titles are non-standard just manually add each overide like I mention above.

-uberpixel
Old 01-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianblank View Post
when I go to that link on my server I get a directory page with two folders META-INF and WEB-INF, but when I click into either folder I get a 404 error. Not sure if this is the expected result or not.
That's expected. Only the events page loads anything. I may look at suppressing the directory listing, but it's not high on my priority list. (Since I don't think it's causing any problems.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianblank View Post
However, like pvr599 the SRE triangles are showing up for every recording.
A few questions:
1) What version of SageTV?
2) What OS?
3) What EPG service do you use? (e.g. The SageTV provided one, Schedules Direct)

Can you attach (or PM me) you SRE log file. It's usually in the plugins/sre4/ folder within you SageTV installation. I'll take a look and see if I notice anything.

Edit: Hey, where did the post I was replying to go??
Old 01-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
That's expected. Only the events page loads anything. I may look at suppressing the directory listing, but it's not high on my priority list. (Since I don't think it's causing any problems.)

A few questions:
1) What version of SageTV?
2) What OS?
3) What EPG service do you use? (e.g. The SageTV provided one, Schedules Direct)

Can you attach (or PM me) you SRE log file. It's usually in the plugins/sre4/ folder within you SageTV installation. I'll take a look and see if I notice anything.

Edit: Hey, where did the post I was replying to go??
The triangles appeared to disappear after I manually removed the SRE monitoring from a non-sports show a few hours after I posted. I must have deleted my post as you were typing. The directory things isn't a big issue, I was just trying to troubleshoot.

FWIW - Sage 7 (whatever the latest version of 7 is), Windows 10, SageTV provided TV schedule. SRE log attached. I will upgrade to 9 when I have more free time to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sre.zip (60.4 KB, 101 views)
Servers: unRAID 11TB [for media and files] | SageTV [Win10 Pro64, ASRock H77 Pro4-M, Core i3-3220T, 16GB RAM, 120GB System SSD, HD Plex H5.S Case] | Sources: 2 x Silicon Dust HDHomeRun | Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Prime Clients: 4 x HD-300

WTB: HD-300 IR Eye
Old 01-15-2017, 10:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Java Update Not Working

Recently noticed that SRE stopped working (ok, noticed a long time ago, but too lazy to look into it until now)...

I see that on the System Information page, it says Java Version: 1.6.0

So, I stopped Sage service, uninstalled the Java 6 version that was there. I installed 7u80 (as you guys describe earlier in this thread) "jre-7u80-windows-i586.exe"

All goes smoothly, it's the only version of Java installed in my Control Panel>Programs.

However, within Sage, I still see Java Version: 1.6.0 in the System Information tab.

I even tried uninstalling this altogether, and reloading the service. It seems to work, but SageTVServiceControl.exe no longer loads, saying "please install java 1.4" (but the server is still running).

What am I missing??

I would really like to get SRE working again.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangriotis View Post
Recently noticed that SRE stopped working (ok, noticed a long time ago, but too lazy to look into it until now)...

I see that on the System Information page, it says Java Version: 1.6.0

So, I stopped Sage service, uninstalled the Java 6 version that was there. I installed 7u80 (as you guys describe earlier in this thread) "jre-7u80-windows-i586.exe"

All goes smoothly, it's the only version of Java installed in my Control Panel>Programs.

However, within Sage, I still see Java Version: 1.6.0 in the System Information tab.

I even tried uninstalling this altogether, and reloading the service. It seems to work, but SageTVServiceControl.exe no longer loads, saying "please install java 1.4" (but the server is still running).

What am I missing??

I would really like to get SRE working again.
It's odd that the server still works through all of this. I don't know stats wrong with your system in particular, but if it were me I'd back everything up and uninstal Sage altogether. If it can't find Java when you reinstall, that'll be another clue. Something is off with your java install.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageTV v9 is the future

The Schedules Direct EPG now included with SageTV v9 includes monitoring info for major professional sports. I'm working on incorporating that into SRE as an additional data source. Because of this, I'm going to declare that all future versions of SRE will require SageTV v9.

The current version will still work with SageTV v7. If there is enough usage, I may do bug fixes for the current version if it breaks, but please don't count on it. I imagine most people have already or will soon be on v9 anyway.

Just a note that so far I have no plans to make the LivePVRData server exclusive to SageTV v9, which is likely where any breaks would be.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I have just setup a new server running SageTV as a docker in unRAID. SRE installed ok but I just noticed that it isn't monitoring programs. When I go to the livepvr web page I get:

Code:
Directory: /livepvrdata/

META-INF/ 	22 bytes 	Feb 1, 2017 6:47:31 PM
WEB-INF/ 	34 bytes 	Feb 1, 2017 6:47:31 PM
I had to change the port used by the Jetty web server after installing Sage, but I don't know if that would cause the problem.

I just checked my main production SageTV server and it is actually showing the same problem. But it is actually saying that it is monitoring the program - that is the NBA game that is currently being recorded.

Is anyone else having issues?
Old 02-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

The page to see the events available for monitoring is http://serverort/livepvrdata/events

Take a look at that on each server and let me know what you see. (I presume that on the working server you'll see a list of events.)

I should probably just make /livepvrdata redirect to /livepvrdata/events.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok thanks, the apps landing page doesn't work under Java 8 so I am using the http://serverort 404 error page as my landing page and it sends me to the wrong page for this plugin.

When I went into the config I see that I also had to change the URL as it was pointing to the wrong port - as I mentioned above I had to change the port from 8080 to 7070 as every freakin' docker that I install wants to use port 8080.