SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Sage User

Future shows appearing in Recorded TV?

I have a V6.6.2.218 SageTV server. I have 2 HD-200 extenders and a HD-300 extender. I am running SageMC version 6.3.9b.

Recently something strange has been happening. A week or so ago a show (Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town) appeared in the Recorded TV list that isn't supposed to be broadcast until sometime in the future! It is supposed to air on 12/12/2011. When I went into program info and looked at the extra info that shows which file contains the show, the filename was an old "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" show that was archived on a unraid server where I store old recordings! If I played it, I got the "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" episode. I went into Recorded TV and looked for that particular episode of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles"...it was no longer listed in Recorded TV. It looks like this upcoming show (Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town) somehow usurped the "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" episode. I didn't really care about the "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" episode, so I deleted the "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" usurper (I had to go to the stock V6 STV to do it) and chalked it up to some weird showid glitch.

Yesterday a couple more shows appeared in the Recorded TV list with the same symptoms. Now I'm a little worried that my wiz.bin might be corrupted somehow. Has anyone ever seen/heard of anything like this? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for listening
Ron
Old 12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot View Post
I have a V6.6.2.218 SageTV server. I have 2 HD-200 extenders and a HD-300 extender. I am running SageMC version 6.3.9b.

Recently something strange has been happening. A week or so ago a show (Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town) appeared in the Recorded TV list that isn't supposed to be broadcast until sometime in the future! It is supposed to air on 12/12/2011. When I went into program info and looked at the extra info that shows which file contains the show, the filename was an old "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" show that was archived on a unraid server where I store old recordings! If I played it, I got the "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" episode. I went into Recorded TV and looked for that particular episode of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles"...it was no longer listed in Recorded TV. It looks like this upcoming show (Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town) somehow usurped the "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" episode. I didn't really care about the "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" episode, so I deleted the "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" usurper (I had to go to the stock V6 STV to do it) and chalked it up to some weird showid glitch.

Yesterday a couple more shows appeared in the Recorded TV list with the same symptoms. Now I'm a little worried that my wiz.bin might be corrupted somehow. Has anyone ever seen/heard of anything like this? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for listening
Ron
It is probably NOT corrupted. The ID number in the database (Wiz.Bin) has been reused by SageTV. I believe the upper ID limit was increased in V7 compared with V6. I got that allot on earlier versions of SageTV. What I would suggest is that you look in the WEB app for the now disconnected "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" airing and lookup the airing ID. I will bet that the number is different from the one in the file name of the media file. If that is true than you might be able to reconnect them by just renaming the media file with the airing ID that the WEB app displays. Note you need to shut SageTV down before renaming the file and I would keep a copy of the file somewhere else with the old name too. Then if SageTV thinks it is a corrupt recording or a partial and deletes it you will still have a backup. Sage will likely reconnect the renamed file with the correct episode after restarting SageTV. If you use Service mode that is what need to be stopped for the rename.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like it could be the bug talked about in this post. Basically Sage assigns a unique ID to each mediafile and prior to one of the early betas of V7 sage reset the counter at some lowish value that you could hit with normal use. So what could be happening is sage sees that old ID and it is associating that OLD ID with the new information.... NO idea if that is really what is happening or not but if it is the only way to fix it is to upgrade to v7.

EDIT: Looks like bob beat me to it...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Sounds like it could be the bug talked about in this post. Basically Sage assigns a unique ID to each mediafile and prior to one of the early betas of V7 sage reset the counter at some lowish value that you could hit with normal use. So what could be happening is sage sees that old ID and it is associating that OLD ID with the new information.... NO idea if that is really what is happening or not but if it is the only way to fix it is to upgrade to v7.

EDIT: Looks like bob beat me to it...
Not sure if the fix Bob suggests will work, but I don't agree that this is resolved by going to Sage 7. I've previously reported this issue here and something related here. And I was using Sage 7 for both of these occurrences.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThen View Post
Not sure if the fix Bob suggests will work, but I don't agree that this is resolved by going to Sage 7. I've previously reported this issue here and something related here. And I was using Sage 7 for both of these occurrences.
If the problem is the wiz.bin reseting the unique ID count and the software getting confused then upgrading to win7 will fix the problem for the future. Bobs suggestion is probably the only way to potentially fix the problem on existing recordings.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-10-2011, 09:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThen View Post
It does work much of the time if the problem actually IS that SageTV recycled the airing ID numbers. There are problems using this method occasionally. Sometimes SageTV thinks the renamed airing is a partial recording and will delete it. Another problem is that you can occasional get the renamed file listed as an imported video and as a recording at the same time. You usually DON'T see either of these problems when performing the rename manually. When writing my VideoEdit plugin I was trying to do this automatically in a Java app and I had to put delays in the procedure at the correct points or they would show up frequently. Even with delays it wasn't 100% successful so I never finished the update to the VideoEdit plugin that would have allowed you to re-associate a disconnected airing and a media file from within the SageTV GUI.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have had this exact issue numerous times in Sage7 over the past few months. WellThen did you try the fix Andy suggested in the other thread? Did it work? I am going to try it.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Sage Icon

this happened to me last year and this was the solution:

Quote:
Try this. Close SageTV and the service then set this in your Sage.properties file that is located in the SageTV directory:

repair_mismatched_media_filenames=true

Then startup SageTV and let it run for at least a day (it needs to write out a new Wiz.bin/bak file; and when it does that it'll do this repair operation). Then after that you can set this property back to false again and the problem shouldn't occur anymore.

You will see the names of your recordings before the rollover changed to match their current IDs in the database when this happens. It won't fix files that have already been linked to new EPG data; there's no way to do that unfortunately.

George
this occured when I was on 7.0.11. I can not say if it will work with V6.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 12-18-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
It is probably NOT corrupted. The ID number in the database (Wiz.Bin) has been reused by SageTV. I believe the upper ID limit was increased in V7 compared with V6. I got that allot on earlier versions of SageTV. What I would suggest is that you look in the WEB app for the now disconnected "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" airing and lookup the airing ID. I will bet that the number is different from the one in the file name of the media file. If that is true than you might be able to reconnect them by just renaming the media file with the airing ID that the WEB app displays. Note you need to shut SageTV down before renaming the file and I would keep a copy of the file somewhere else with the old name too. Then if SageTV thinks it is a corrupt recording or a partial and deletes it you will still have a backup. Sage will likely reconnect the renamed file with the correct episode after restarting SageTV. If you use Service mode that is what need to be stopped for the rename.
I just had a bunch of these future recordings show up again and Bob's method for fixing it worked! Thanks!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I get these routinely, since I have shows on hand from 2009 - it seems to attack the shows that have been around for a while. What I've done is to create XML files for all older shows. Then when future shows turn up, I use the web interface to find out the filenames associated with the future shows. For insurance, I also make a copy of the affected show. I make a note of those, and then after the future airing occurs, I use the web interface's "edit airing info" option to put the metadata back in based on the xml file. (The option to simply import the xml file has never worked for me, so I do the task manually). It's a pain, but it works.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.