SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by stanger89
Gota love that threadjacking.
Huh?? I certainly stayed on topic by talking about studio-related work.

OH! You must mean Brett & his silly talk about some sort of A+ certification.

I'm _certified_ alright!

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

Funny thing is I actually work at a Studio
Old 06-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I used to work at Studio but I only have this peripheral which does an excellent job as long as you're not any bigger than this but a cool thing is that you can use this then this and watch it with this.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
OH! You must mean Brett & his silly talk about some sort of A+ certification.

I'm _certified_ alright!

- Andy
That's certified, Andy, not certifiable!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
because its not released yet. its just like any other program thats not been released. details about it are not disclosed until they (devs/pubs) decide to do so. and they dont give an unreleased version to people for use, without docs, or support.
Being new to Sagetv, I'm not interested in studio. I'm still trying to learn the program by its self. With that said, the above quote (without docs, or support). That is basically what Frey is doing with SageTV. I/we spent about $70.00 on a program with no manual and very limited support. Frey says they will respond within 72hrs. I personally don't call that support.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Frey. I just feel that there should be a manual to explain the different functions for the program, There are so many thinks I don't understaind about the program. I have to search here to try to find the answers to my questions.

Also when I purched the blackbird bundle with the defective disk It took Frey about 72hrs to send me a quick "sorry for the problem download the software here" By then I already had sage up and running thanks to you all.

Lastly, If anyone has a manual I sure would like a copy
Old 06-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Thee is no v2 full manual; just the setup doc in your SageTV directory. If you want to check out the v1 manual to get introduced to the concepts of favorites & so on, you can still download it here. Obviously, it won't cover the interface that well, but the core functionality for the recordings is similar.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Frey should really make sure that some kind of manual exists, even if it's quickly and sloppily written. The manual for my RAID controller is hard to understand. It's written in broken English. But the information is there, and that's what's important. Most people, if they download Sage and try it out, and can't get it to work properly with the instructions, will just stop there and go somewhere else. They won't investigate how good the program is, they will just move on, and forget about it. It's so important to do just that little bit in the area of presentation when making sales. You've got to get the impulse buyers. There are probably a lot of people who buy SnapStream, use it a day, then forget about it. These people are buying other software all the time and never really using it either. In order to be successful, you've got to get those type of customers, which are probably the bulk of the customers. That's why you've got to have a manual. It takes so little time, but does so much, that if there isn't one, it makes you think the company is having trouble.

There are some things you really need to know to operate the program. For example, they should put the keyboard commands in there. I still don't know how to fully control Sage with the keyboard. I just sort of tried pressing keys to see what works. I don't use my keyboard normally, but I plan to do so with Client when I get it up and running.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Regarding the manual: you are preaching to the choir here on the forums. I suggest you send an email to Frey to let them know your feelings on the manual. The forum is a good resource, but it doesn't do anything for people who don't want to spend time online.

Quote:
Originally posted by zz5
There are some things you really need to know to operate the program. For example, they should put the keyboard commands in there. I still don't know how to fully control Sage with the keyboard. I just sort of tried pressing keys to see what works. I don't use my keyboard normally, but I plan to do so with Client when I get it up and running.
Someone posted a list of keyboard commands a while back, but in case they have changed, you can easily see what keys are associated with which commands by going to Detailed Setup -> commands -> Link... and highlighting at each command, at which point its associated keys will be displayed. You can customize all you like too.

- Andy
Old 06-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, I tried that before, but I thought it would only show you the key presses when you actually pressed each key. I will have to look at it again.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Don't click on the command buttons -- just highlight them & its key(s) will be displayed in the upper right.

- Andy
Old 06-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks very much.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by DoughBoy
I/we spent about $70.00 on a program with no manual and very limited support. Frey says they will respond within 72hrs. I personally don't call that support.
[...]
It took Frey about 72hrs to send me a quick "sorry for the problem download the software here"
What do you expect for $70?!
I would love to see a company such as Microsoft respond to and resolve a problem within 72hrs

I am sure if you wanted tier-one commercial support with a <1hr response and dedicated support person always on call, you could negotiate a special contract with Sage