SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Sage User

350 for TV - Video card for DVD's

I just bought a 350 card. I wanted to use it for all programs I record using its RCA Out for video and audio. But since it can't handle copywritten DVD's and AC3 audio, I wanted to have my Video Card and Sound card output to a different input on my TV. This way, when I want to watch a DVD, I can just have my Pronto switch inputs for me.

But, when I select 350 TV-Out, I loose my Full Screen when viewing through my Video Card. I need both full screen on the 350 out and on the Video Card out. Is this not posible?
Old 06-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
It is possible if you change your video card to 720X480. This is the only mode where SageTV will stay in full screen mode when the 350 output is enabled. If you have and Nvidia or ATI card, this mode should be possible, but you have to get the modified drivers, like the Omega drivers on ATI (http://www.omegacorner.com/).

On another note. What I did, is take the TV output of my Video Card, and put it in the S-Video input on my 350 card. Then I created a new capture source in Sage and assigned it to Channel 1, since I have no channel 1 on cable. This way, you can just change to channel 1 from the TV Guide, or whatever, and see the output of your video card for DVD, or whatever. There is only about a half second delay from what you see, and what command you hit in the DVD software. Very tolerable to me.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally posted by mikejaner
On another note. What I did, is take the TV output of my Video Card, and put it in the S-Video input on my 350 card. Then I created a new capture source in Sage and assigned it to Channel 1, since I have no channel 1 on cable. This way, you can just change to channel 1 from the TV Guide, or whatever, and see the output of your video card for DVD, or whatever. There is only about a half second delay from what you see, and what command you hit in the DVD software. Very tolerable to me.
This made it possible for me to get my Hollywood Plus back into production as well. I have it setup the same way. I love being able to put a piece of hardware back into use that's just been collecting dust for years.

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 06-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Sage User

I figured I would get a reply telling me it was imposible. I still haven't got my 350 output working yet. When I last tried, the '350 OSD' wouldn't stay 'enabled'. The two times I switched the setting, it didn't stick. I will try again. I want to see if the 'output' is everything people say it is. If it is, I will update my drivers and go from there.

Thanks.