SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Some questions on Metadata lookup.

After the recent Phoenix update, I found all my metadata gone. I did a rescan and got it all back, but I found several things I wondered about previously but never pursued because it was an item or 2 and wasn't worth it. Now I had ALL the questions come up in one batch. Hopefully Sean or some of the users can satisfy my curiosity.

1) I constantly have the same items in "Missing Metadata" view even when I do a lookup and save. What fields are being checked??? This happens on tv and movies.

2) You look up "Cry of the Owl" on tmdb and it says 2009. BMT finds no auto-metadata. You search in the GUI and it comes back "Cry of the Owl (2010)". Why different?

3) BMT refuses most of the time to auto populate a movie if you leave off the leading article, ie: your file is "Day This Happened (1912)" and you get no metadata. Change it to "The Day This Happened (1912)" and you get the metadata automatically. This happens even if there is no listing with a title close to this. I thought there use to be a setting in BMT to change the acceptable "match" level in a search hit, but I don't see it anywhere.

4) Also related to 3 is that I also find BMT rarely auto-populates metadata if there are several movies with the exact title but different year and you have the year specified, like "Godzilla (1954)". ALL of my movies are in this format.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post
After the recent Phoenix update, I found all my metadata gone. I did a rescan and got it all back, but I found several things I wondered about previously but never pursued because it was an item or 2 and wasn't worth it. Now I had ALL the questions come up in one batch. Hopefully Sean or some of the users can satisfy my curiosity.

1) I constantly have the same items in "Missing Metadata" view even when I do a lookup and save. What fields are being checked??? This happens on tv and movies.

2) You look up "Cry of the Owl" on tmdb and it says 2009. BMT finds no auto-metadata. You search in the GUI and it comes back "Cry of the Owl (2010)". Why different?

3) BMT refuses most of the time to auto populate a movie if you leave off the leading article, ie: your file is "Day This Happened (1912)" and you get no metadata. Change it to "The Day This Happened (1912)" and you get the metadata automatically. This happens even if there is no listing with a title close to this. I thought there use to be a setting in BMT to change the acceptable "match" level in a search hit, but I don't see it anywhere.

4) Also related to 3 is that I also find BMT rarely auto-populates metadata if there are several movies with the exact title but different year and you have the year specified, like "Godzilla (1954)". ALL of my movies are in this format.
1. The fields being checked are MediaType and MediaTitle
2. The tmdb data is wrong. http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie....Cry+of+the+Owl

3. Typically this is because the search engines are not like google. ie, bmt can only "detect" results if you get results back, and in many cases tmdb is very picky about what you pass in the search.

4. This one I find odd, since all my movies are in that format, and there is specific code in bmt to use the year if it is provided. The only thing I can see here is that if your title has the wrong year, based on what is returned in the multiple results, then bmt will not chose a result, since it could not match the year.

In all cases though, I tend to need the exact filesnames for me validate an issue. Typically when people send me file names, I'll create a unit test for it, and see how it works out. Sometimes I find nuances with the filenames and i have to tweak bmt. In many cases, I find no issues
Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

#1 was the real annoyance. Thanks Sean.

#3 I originally removed articles, etc to allow for proper alphabetic display rules. I had hundreds of titles before I ever saw BMT. I just spent a few hours converting every title to the same wording as tmdb, and check each new film before putting it in an import directory. It's the simplest approach.