SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacinto41 View Post
Nobody experiancing this??

Thanks
Yes, I just decided to try PlayOn for my Netflix sub, in Sage.

#1 Comodo Internet Security was killing it. I finally set all PlayOn and UPNPBrowser files as trusted and allowed to communicate...and that fixed that.

#2 I got the same error (paraphrased):

Problem playing back (-2) file \htcp\e\Temp\65758674658697073.flv is no longer on disk.

Now, in the past, I usually set up my computers to use a Temp folder on a different disk, than Windows default, which is: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp. I didn't think I did this on my current, new'ish build, but I must have at some point. But as it sat, my Temp and TMP were set to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp. So something, somewhere, was picking up the old Temp location (Sage? Gemstone? EP's Plug In? PlayOn Server?) so who knows. What I did, and this worked, as I get Netflix playing now, was to Create a folder on E:\ (according to my error message, yours will be different) called "Temp", and then go into Windows Advanced Setiings and Change %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp To E:\Temp for both. After that, Netflix plays.

I still can't the Instant Que to show up when clicking on that menu item, but I can get to it through NetFlix Main, or Browse PlayOn...I don't know why trying direct doesn't work. I can't get into the Plug In Settings either...have to revert to stock Sage. What *are* all those options for, anyway? I did Change the folder from default to E:\PlayOn...but the rest of them are confusing.

If anyone can walk me through Adding PlayOn to the main menu, I'd appreciate it. I went into Menu Manager, and dug around with the Copy function, but I backed out of it...didn't want to bork anything.

P
Old 10-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Sage User

I had a quick response from Playon and the "genres" folder will be fixed soon. Genres is the only one not working but I earlier suggested only "instant queue" was working -- my mistake, again.

Look at my post count:12. I'm a retired prof with way too much time on my hands in real life but I'm a rookie compared to the Gemstone Sages, here.

BTW, I was told by Playon folks SageTV is unstable and buggy and most things weren't their fault. I disagree but I want their help in future so I kept my itchy fingers off the keyboard. SageTV is fantastic and so are the current guys that keep it going with things like Gemstone.