SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Arrow STV: Display Show logos (May 29, 2005 update)

I updated the original STV to display logo files for shows. It also shows the logo for the show on the OSD during playback.

Web Site located at:
http://download.sage.tv/~laurenglenn/

Let me know what you think....
(these links always will contain the most current version)

http://download.sage.tv/users/lauren...aurenglenn.stv

Weather (salbst/nielm module) -- and Malore's Commercial Detect & Skip:
Download the ZIP file and also extract the included nielm.zip into your java's jre/lib/bin/ext directory.

http://download.sage.tv/users/lauren...aurenglenn.zip

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 05-29-2005 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Sage Expert

Re: Display Show logos! Mod'd STV

Here's a screenshot:

To add your own show logo, create a sub-folder in your ChannelLogos folder called "Show". The same naming rules apply as with the Channel Logos (i.e. "FAMILY GUY.JPG" )

Lauren
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (106.4 KB, 3679 views)
Old 06-16-2004, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

just a couple comments
the blocks are a strange way to do it
why not rows or columns?
also why not use the picture on the folders? rather than the file themselves
I would like to see a folder created whether or not there are multiple episodes of a show

I downloaded it but not sure about the squares???????
Old 06-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

laurenglenn, thanks for sharing, I like to see new ideas. The squares give it a nice kiosk look.

kny3twalker, just because you don't like something doesn't make it strange. How about phrasing your suggestions nicer next time.

Edit:
OK, I guess I was overly sensitive. My apologies.

Last edited by malore; 06-17-2004 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by malore
laurenglenn, thanks for sharing, I like to see new ideas. The squares give it a nice kiosk look.

kny3twalker, just because you don't like something doesn't make it strange. How about phrasing your suggestions nicer next time.
Thanks, but that's OK. It was strange, but I wanted to get the pictures to show up without wasting screen space.

Re: the squares on the Recording Menu..... I used to have an STV that was less "blocky," but you couldn't really see the pictures that well. Although, I did change the Detailed Info into a pop-up window, which I'll probably implement here too. It gives a nice "Windows" look to it, plus you can make those Pix much larger.

I admit that the OSD during liveTV needs to be cleaned up (and it will)...... I accept all comments, except for those with numerous expletives in them.... Those I respond to harshly , but not others.

The file's been updated a little more tonight. I got the pix on the LiveTV guide, although having 3 rows doesn't look right. If I had more time, I'll work on that. If you go much smaller, you can't see the pictures on the PVR-350 out.....

Hopefully, I'll have time to put Actor pictures in there too for the Actor favorites.....

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-19-2004 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:56 PM
SageTVaholic

sorry that was not my point to be rude if I was
(my opinions are my own) I am not it was not done tastefully but it is not the most attractive to me
you often have commented on how you made your STV for the most info and such and such and not to be the most attractive
why you hating on my comment now

in the future I will try to think of better words to use because my intention is not to offend

if I said non typical, different, etc.... would have these been more acceptable?
Old 06-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
sorry that was not my point to be rude if I was
(my opinions are my own) I am not it was not done tastefully but it is not the most attractive to me
you often have commented on how you made your STV for the most info and such and such and not to be the most attractive
why you hating on my comment now

in the future I will try to think of better words to use because my intention is not to offend

if I said non typical, different, etc.... would have these been more acceptable?
Don't worry about it. I didn't take it in a bad way. It was honest and I appreciate that.

I like to be "unique" or unusual (or even strange). It's kind of a compliment. If everything were ordinary and drab, nothing would ever progress in life.

I'm glad no one said it was "f'n ugly"

Later,
Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-16-2004 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Edit:
OK, I guess I was overly sensitive. My apologies.
Thanks I really was not sure what word to put in first place while writing that

Quote:
Don't worry about it. I didn't take it in a bad way. It was honest and I appreciate that.
cool
hey I am just happy that someone else making one getting bored now that the others are getting complete(finished up)

I really do think a having folders made with only one show recorded would be nice rather than folders being created after two or more are recorded
this would make folder pictures very nice
suppose you could use the same picture for the episodes themself as well though, huh
Old 06-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here's an idea for your stv. Although I'm not sure if this is possible but it would be cool to have a screen frame capture of the actual recorded video as the show's thumbnail. This could be would be sweet for people who don't want to take the time to make a show logo.

It's nice to see another custom stv pop-up. Keep up the good work.
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by meekell
Here's an idea for your stv. Although I'm not sure if this is possible but it would be cool to have a screen frame capture of the actual recorded video as the show's thumbnail. This could be would be sweet for people who don't want to take the time to make a show logo.

It's nice to see another custom stv pop-up. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the idea. I'll have to see how to do that with the thumbnail.

As far as the folders go, I just uploaded a new STV that does the logo on the folders as well. It took me a while to find the menu that was already defined for the folders. Apparently, it was in a different hierarchy, but I found it.

Thanks guys!
Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-17-2004 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by laurenglenn
Updated 6/17/2004:

Cleaned up OSD on LiveTV.
Fixed bug with TV show logos not displaying
Couple cosmetic updates
Actor Favorites Logos added (on Manage Favorites for now -- put logos in "Actor" subfolder in ChannelLogos)

Lauren
Version: 6/18/2004

Changed Airing screen to be a Pop-Up instead when you hit Info button on the LiveTV Guide. It will also pop up if you hit "Detailed Info" while watching a LiveTV broadcast. NOTE: The "Back" button will be fixed on this menu. Use the Cancel button (or ESC) key to jump back.

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-20-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by laurenglenn
Version: 6/18/2004

Changed Airing screen to be a Pop-Up instead when you hit Info button on the LiveTV Guide. It will also pop up if you hit "Detailed Info" while watching a LiveTV broadcast. NOTE: The "Back" button will be fixed on this menu. Use the Cancel button (or ESC) key to jump back.
Screen pic attached.

Last edited by mlbdude; 07-15-2004 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

you need a sticky
pm justme
Old 06-19-2004, 04:12 AM

I PM'd yesterday morning to offer. See I do think of these things myself, sometimes. I haven't heard back yet. However since a user has now brought it up in public... I'll make this post a sticky. I'll be glad to unstick it if laurenglenn, requests.

laurenglenn, now that it's a note/sticky you probably won't be able to change the thread name. If you want to change the name to reflect updates or totally change the title just PM me with the desired change. If you like I can auto updata the thread name with dates/versions whenever you update. I already do this for Malore's STV thread and would gladly do it for yours.

I posted in thread just to be sure that laurenglenn, knows what happened. My email has been a little flaky lately.

/justme

Last edited by justme; 06-19-2004 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:13 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by justme
I PM'd yesterday morning to offer. See I do think of these things myself, sometimes. I haven't heard back yet. However since a user has now brought it up in public... I'll make this post a sticky. I'll be glad to unstick it if laurenglenn, requests.

laurenglenn, now that it's a note/sticky you probably won't be able to change the thread name. If you want to change the name to reflect updates or totally change the title just PM me with the desired change. If you like I can auto updata the thread name with dates/versions whenever you update. I already do this for Malore's STV thread and would gladly do it for yours.

I posted in thread just to be sure that laurenglenn, knows what happened. My email has been a little flaky lately.

/justme
Thanks for the "sticky" . At first, I wasn't sure what you meant by it, but now I see what you mean. The Auto Update thing is a great idea, and that's fine with me.

I'll probably keep the thread title the same, at least for now, but the AutoUpdate sounds like a great idea as long as it's not too much trouble.

Thanks,
Lauren
Old 06-19-2004, 07:21 AM

Sorry, sometimes I'm not as clear as I should be. As for updating the thread name...
It's not really any trouble. I just made an edit to show that you have a June 18 update out. I can format it anyway you like. I just used the same style I used for Malore's, but let me know if you'd like something different.

/justme
Old 06-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Sage Expert

It's good to have a day off of work!

I seem to have gotten rid of most of the cosmetic bugs I can find.

Fixes:

The Airing Detail and Recording Detail menus have been converted to pop-up windows.

Also fixed the "Right" bug that would select an item when the Right button was hit. It took a while to find this one as it was labeled as "Info" in a different section of code.

Made the favorites display the Show/Actor logos and moved this window into a pop-up window.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome, as always. Please post them here.

Thanks,
Lauren

P.S. Noticed slight bug after posting the STV. Slight speed increase and EPG bug fix.

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-20-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

oh and by the way can can add your STV to HTPC news but not sure if thats an issue since everyone gets them here anyways
Old 06-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
oh and by the way can can add your STV to HTPC news but not sure if thats an issue since everyone gets them here anyways
Thanks for the tip! I'll do that.

New STV 6/19:

Removed ShowLogos from EPG (it was causing slowdowns) -- they still display on everything else.
Fixed EPG corruption after Pop-up menu was displayed.
Made OSD appear/disappear using 3-way display:
1st Display - Show Description / Time Scroll Bar
2nd Display - Time Scroll Bar only
3rd Display - blank screen

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-20-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Thanks I really was not sure what word to put in first place while writing that

I really do think a having folders made with only one show recorded would be nice rather than folders being created after two or more are recorded
this would make folder pictures very nice
suppose you could use the same picture for the episodes themself as well though, huh
That's where it gets a little complicated. The original design was for it to group multiple items. I'll have to see how to do that, but it will take a little time as that code is a little more complex. But, nothing's impossible....

Lauren