SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-19-2004, 11:26 PM
SageTVaholic

ok tried it finally and I got lock up
I could not choose a show to within the guide
so went to liveTV and tried to change channels by inputing the channel number on the remote and lock up

the UI started doing strange things after that cause only the video/audio locked up

the UI also was hard to read in guide with the pop up but I really like the idea of the clear and transparent(with color) combination

very sweet surprised no one jumped on that before you
the guide the background image looked better and the icon for the channels looked better but I would disable the text if the person has pictures for the guide
the overlap was not as good as one or the other

Did also had color keying disabled while using overlay and the UI would not dissappear

I know this has happened before when sage was doing beta so it should e a easy fix

if you need snapshots or more details I would be happy to help

It will take a few days though

oh and still want horizonital folders as an option for the recordings
Old 06-20-2004, 12:06 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
ok tried it finally and I got lock up
I could not choose a show to within the guide
so went to liveTV and tried to change channels by inputing the channel number on the remote and lock up

the UI started doing strange things after that cause only the video/audio locked up

the UI also was hard to read in guide with the pop up but I really like the idea of the clear and transparent(with color) combination

very sweet surprised no one jumped on that before you
the guide the background image looked better and the icon for the channels looked better but I would disable the text if the person has pictures for the guide
the overlap was not as good as one or the other

Did also had color keying disabled while using overlay and the UI would not dissappear

I know this has happened before when sage was doing beta so it should e a easy fix

if you need snapshots or more details I would be happy to help

It will take a few days though

oh and still want horizonital folders as an option for the recordings
I made the transparencies more opaque, with each layer being "thicker" than the one before it to make it easier to read.

Transparency generally works with color keying on. I've tried running Sage with the color keying off and it has problems if VMR and color keying are both off. Generally, if you have a PVR-350 with UI and TV-out on, you should get the best results with this file. The 350PVR TV out is all I use (because it finally works ), but let me play around with it off and see what I can fix.

The text was turned off if there was a logo for the channel. I did keep the channel #, but made it smaller. Mainly because that may be useful to some (it is for me), but at least it doesn't block as much of the logo as it used to.

I'll keep trying to replicate the lock-up, but so far I've not been able to. Are you using the most recent drivers for the PVR-250/350? In the Hardware forum, there's a link to very stable drivers that make OSD work *really* well with newer chipsets. It locks up once in a while, but not more often than any other STV I've tried. I'll keep trying to track it down.

When you get the pics up, let me know. You should be able to hit the Windows Key + Print Screen on your keyboard to copy it to the clipboard, then open Paint and paste the screenshot. It's usually pretty decent and quick.

Thanks,
Lauren
Old 06-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Sage Expert

Here's the newest file with the color changes and with a minor fix with the SageTV Recordings page.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-20-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:21 AM
SageTVaholic

ok unable to duplicate the problem I think it had something to where I had color keying disabled and the UI dissappearing

so no pictures of that at least

I also do not have a pvr350
I have 2 pvr 250s with the newest non mixed drivers
the official release drivers before hauppauge took on the challenge of getting the old cards to work with the new

ok, but I did find two bugs everything else was fine this time
first in the favorites manager there is no way to get the second column of favorites witha remote(works with a mouse)

and the other was when going into the scheduled recording I got six of the schedule recording was a liveTV show I was testing with after paging down beyond those firts six squares
it was ok again and then after paging back up again, it was back to what it should be

Also This is an EDIT: I just looked at the pictures and the now ok picture is still messed up showing that stupid show that I was testing with instead of the next episode that should be recorded of band of brothers

I included two pictures this time

sorry did not get screen shots of the past time
it was bad though the recording bar twice as long as normal and white with red in the middle the UI would dissappear and the video was frozen
Attached Files
File Type: zip new folder.zip (265.9 KB, 406 views)

Last edited by kny3twalker; 06-20-2004 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:13 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks!

Bug Fixes -- version 04-06-20alpha:
1. After leaving a Pop-Up Menu, EPG and SageRecordings window would change all cells to the one title. (I had to remove the AddStaticContext commands which was the cause of this. This command would have no effect if the menu wasn't a pop-up, which is why I never noticed it before.

2. Favorites Manager -- Conversion to the pop-up window caused the removal of a "Shifting" variable which didn't allow keyboard users to move up and down in the list.

3. Option Menu did not properly delete the item and close itself -- when Delete/Move to Library was selected, menu would change and item would still remain on the list.

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-20-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Sage Expert

Bug Fixes -- 6/20 alpha 2:

1. Fixed schedule link so that Parallel Schedules are active with pop-up windows.

2. Parallel Schedules now show the Show Name AND the Episode Title. This way you won't have to click each entry to see what episode is being scheduled.

3. Recording Schedule display corruption bug cropped up again. One last AddGlobalContext command was still there and was removed. Hopefully, that should take care of that.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-26-2004 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by laurenglenn
Bug Fixes -- 6/20 alpha 2:

1. Fixed schedule link so that Parallel Schedules are active with pop-up windows.

2. Parallel Schedules now show the Show Name AND the Episode Title. This way you won't have to click each entry to see what episode is being scheduled.

3. Recording Schedule display corruption bug cropped up again. One last AddGlobalContext command was still there and was removed. Hopefully, that should take care of that.

Lauren
Bug Fixes -- 6/22 alpha 2:
1. Cleaned up UI a bit more. Changed the pop-up window for the File/Airing Details so that the text doesn't overlay the picture. It became harder to see white text on a white picture, plus it obscured the picture too much.

2. Sped up things a little on a couple of menus by taking out redundant items.

3. Fixed menus in Album/Picture libraries. After chaning one of the themes, it affected all menus by making the buttons too wide.

Future plans:
1. Start update for Music Library. Hopefully, this should be done by next week.

2. DVD interface update.

3. After the two above are done , I plan to "customize" the front interface.

Lauren

Old 06-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Alright now your talkin'! Enhancing the jukebox and dvd osd are two features I really want to see. I have no shortage of ideas for the music library if you need some.
________
Club Royal Condos

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:27 AM
SageTVaholic

if you want some ideas for the music library look at blue orchid

http://www.blueorchidhtpc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37
Old 06-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Is it possible that the creators of the STV files can integrate the best of each of there work to one STV? I use exclusivley now MLBDUDES stv now but I also like some features in Malore's and now some features of Lauren's. Any comments?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Is it possible that the creators of the STV files can integrate the best of each of there work to one STV? I use exclusivley now MLBDUDES stv now but I also like some features in Malore's and now some features of Lauren's. Any comments?
Check out this thread http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...5731#post45731
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:44 AM

It's up to each author to choose which featuree they want in their STV. Keep in mind most made the STV for themselves and then just made it public. However there has already been some cross polination, even if it's not immediately obvious to many users. The other thing to keep in mind is Dan's recent statement about making the Studio easier for users to pick and choose feactures. That's about all I've got to say. The rest is up to the authors and time. Or you can wait until Studio comes out.

Edit:Whoops I typed too slow again.

Last edited by justme; 06-23-2004 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
STV creators can always add in features from the other STV's. Right now though we are each creating the STV the way we like it and we have different ideas how things should be done. Once you get some kind of Studio you can mix and match if you want.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:01 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by meekell
Alright now your talkin'! Enhancing the jukebox and dvd osd are two features I really want to see. I have no shortage of ideas for the music library if you need some.
By all means.... That Blue Orchid page looks pretty good and I may do some of that for the music pages. I'll probably get started this Saturday..... Any and all ideas are welcome.

Lauren
Old 06-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Sage Expert

Here's a minor update:

6/24/04 alpha2.4

Shows whose titles have a ":" in them, like Star Trek: Voyager, etc, can now use Show Logos. In order for them to work, put an underscore character "_" in the place of the colon.

I'm still in the process of removing question marks from the title, but the replaceAll function does not seem to accept it. It will be added as soon as a solution is found.

Lauren

Old 06-25-2004, 06:14 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Try: title.replaceAll("\\?", "_");
Old 06-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks, but it didn't work either..... The brackets couldn't do it, the "\p?" won't. Assuming that the question mark is the last character (which it most likely will be), how can I check to see if this is the case?

Lauren
Old 06-25-2004, 07:59 PM
Sage Expert

Well, since no details about the Studio development environment have been released, I can only speculate that you are writting this in java. If it is, rather, a scripting language, none of this applies, obviously.

I created the following example java code:

Code:
public class replace
{
  public static void main(String[] args)
  {
    String s1 = "Does this work?  Will it work in Sage?  Do you know?";
    String s2 = "This is a statement.";

System.out.println(s1);
    System.out.println(s1.replaceAll("\\?", "_"));
    if (s1.endsWith("?"))
      System.out.println(s1.substring(0, s1.length()-1));
    if (s2.endsWith("?"))
      s2 = s2.substring(0, s2.length()-1);
    System.out.println(s2);
  }
}
It produces the following output:

Does this work? Will it work in Sage? Do you know?
Does this work_ Will it work in Sage_ Do you know_
Does this work? Will it work in Sage? Do you know
This is a statement.

Hope this helps.

t

Last edited by ErsatzTom; 06-25-2004 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:07 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by ErsatzTom
[B]Well, since no details about the Studio development environment have been released, I can only speculate that you are writting this in java. If it is, rather, a scripting language, none of this applies, obviously.

I created the following example java code:
It's pretty much in Java. Thanks for the code! It took a bit of tweaking, but it now removes the "?", "/", ":", ">", "<", etc. from the show name!

Anyway, I'm going to post the update with this fix in it. I started fixing the Music Artist page, so it's not finished yet..... FYI

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 07-01-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:10 AM
Sage Expert

My pleasure.

t