SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
I just noticed a small bug that if you switch from a show with a show logo to one that does not have one defined, the old logo still is displayed. What I did was to create a JPG file that would get displayed over the original picture.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-26-2004 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by laurenglenn
I just noticed a small bug that if you switch from a show with a show logo to one that does not have one defined, the old logo still is displayed. What I did was to create a JPG file that would get displayed over the original picture.

Lauren
I think I may have found a better fix for the EOF bug in the STV than I had before. The fix involves a change in the time bar at the bottom of the screen.

The Music Jukebox mods are starting, but they're a long way off. You can use Artist logos. The same rules apply with the other logo folders, except that you'd use the "Artist" sub-folder instead.

For any "special" characters, put an "_" character in its place to make it work.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-29-2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:28 AM
SageTVaholic

something funny was going on with your liveTV guide but I really like where you are going with it
also you can post what modifications you are adding when you release each versions
I do see the fixes but not a modification list

here a picture of the guide

It is mostly the different sizes of channel icons in each block and they are there twice and overlapping
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide is messed up.jpg (113.7 KB, 560 views)
Old 06-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
something funny was going on with your liveTV guide but I really like where you are going with it
also you can post what modifications you are adding when you release each versions
I do see the fixes but not a modification list

here a picture of the guide

It is mostly the different sizes of channel icons in each block and they are there twice and overlapping
I reverted the guide back to the way it used to be. I enlarged the rows to show the ShowLogos, but it slowed down the EPG a while back.

I'll add a list to each posting to make it easier to follow the mods when they occur.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixes:
EPG display would display the channel logo twice. This has been fixed.

EOF problem still seems to show up on occasion, so I recently added code to tell Sage to close the file 5 seconds from the EOF with the CloseAndWaitUntilClosed command. This way, the close request goes in and when it's complete, it jumps back to the Recordings menu.

Mods:
Added some "garbage collection" code to the STV to hopefully optimize and reduce cache usage. Maybe it will reduce the EOF problem that seems to pop-up periodically.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-29-2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey I am just guessig though that each block in the guide is supposed to have a channel logo, right?

No problem with but I found that show currently playing has a bigger icon than the past show and the future show
no problem with that either
but if the show is only a half hour long compared with 2 hours long the icon is smaller for the hour half than the 2 hour, is it supposed to be like that ?
Old 06-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
Hey I am just guessig though that each block in the guide is supposed to have a channel logo, right?

No problem with but I found that show currently playing has a bigger icon than the past show and the future show
no problem with that either
but if the show is only a half hour long compared with 2 hours long the icon is smaller for the hour half than the 2 hour, is it supposed to be like that ?
The item is in a panel whose size is a percentage of the size of the cell. If the item is 1/2 hr, then it's smaller than one that's 1 1/2 hr.

This is fixed in the current release because I took it out of the guide for each show. It was added to the Theme for something else. Because of this, I created a second Theme to fix it.

You might want to grab the file again, because I just added code to clean up memory every few seconds and to tell the system to close the file 5 seconds before it ends. It seems to work well for problems with EOF and rebooting.

Lauren
Old 06-27-2004, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Cool but I am still not using a pvr 350

LOL
Old 06-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Sage Expert

A few slight changes with this release. I haven't gotten too much done with the Album page modifications because I've been trying to get the STV to run better with the EOF problem.

The conditional I added in the last version seemed to close the file when there was a DirectShow problem. I took out the Close request and put in a Reload request, which seems to have taken care of that problem. It also fixed the EOF problem and seems to have alleviated the slowdown I've been experiencing after a file hits the EOF.

Hopefully, this will fix this problem.

Other additions/fixes:

Organized the OSD to not have the show description overlay over the ShowLogo. This used to make the text almost unreadable over a Logo with a white background.

EOF seems to be working now. It quickly jumps back to the Recordings menu after a file playback has finished.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 07-01-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:38 PM

laurenglenn,
I just updated the thread title for you. But the real reason I posted is that since you seem to be going after 350 users with your STV. ie You added the EOF workaround. I was wondering if you could add a workaround for the soft lockup issue mentioned in the "Calling all Hauppauge 350 users for satisfaction poll" thread. I mention a possible method(simply automate what many users already do and attach it to a custom command) to do this in my last post there, but I'm sure you could do something better or at least refine it. Just a suggestion, I thought you might be able to help those still having some issues.

/justme

Last edited by justme; 06-29-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Sage Expert

justme's idea of automating the gui off then on, output off then on, sleep then out of sleep (some version of that sequence) would be great.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadbolt
justme's idea of automating the gui off then on, output off then on, sleep then out of sleep (some version of that sequence) would be great.
Sounds great. I'll work on that after I get home from work tonight.

FWIW, the Reload fix not only reloads the file, but will also automatically turn off and then turn on the UI (if the 350 hardware is present). It seems that Reloading the file on an error would turn off the 350UI.

It reminds me of an old CD player program I wrote. The CD timer display would always stop playback and revert the time to zero whenever there were multiple MPlayer requests (but this would always occur under NT/XP, but not Win98. It seems more like a Microsoft issue than anything else.) For some reason, multiple requests by a program for current time and file duration sometimes returns an odd value. The only way to fix it was to not have the program stop when you got the MPlayer error, but to ignore anything extraneous. Hopefully, the conditional I put in will do the same thing.

But I do like the idea of attaching the UI on/off and output on/off to a custom command. That seems "do-able." I'll have to see if it's possible to set Sage to sleep/then wakeup from Sage. If it is, I'll definitely put it in there.

Lauren
Old 06-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Sage Expert

Now we just need the ability to combine your STV with other STVs! I know I know...Studio will solve everything. I would love this capability in Malore's STV (Malore....can you do this?)
Old 07-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadbolt
Now we just need the ability to combine your STV with other STVs! I know I know...Studio will solve everything. I would love this capability in Malore's STV (Malore....can you do this?)
Malore is welcome to use anything in my STV, if desired. I hope that I could as well, but that's up to Malore.

I also wanted to mention that I added the following listeners:

Custom1: Turns off OSD and then turns in back on.
Custom2: Turns off LiveTV and then back on. (this one is untested, so if there are any problems, let me know).

Lauren
Old 07-02-2004, 07:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is sleep disabled on purpose?

The custom1 button comes in handy....it's still a bit of a tricky to even get the ui to come back up after a soft lockup though.
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 07-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex0230
Is sleep disabled on purpose?

The custom1 button comes in handy....it's still a bit of a tricky to even get the ui to come back up after a soft lockup though.
The only soft lockups I seem to get is when the PVR350 overheats. I guess I'll have to put a fan on the heat sink.

If you wait until the TV video goes black (as in a period of inactivity), you should be able to reopen the file and use the Custom 1.

Sleep isn't disabled to my knowledge. I've put Sage to sleep many times from the menu and by using Ctrl-Z. Did you look at the keystroke commands? Let me know....

Lauren
Old 07-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The only soft lockups I seem to get is when the PVR350 overheats. I guess I'll have to put a fan on the heat sink.
Why do you think the soft lockup is due to overheating? While it is possible I have real doubts if overheating is the problem.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by carlgar
Why do you think the soft lockup is due to overheating? While it is possible I have real doubts if overheating is the problem.
Mine will generally run fine for a very long time. When it locks up, I check the temp of the heat sink and it's very hot. Maybe I'm wrong, but the two seem connected.

Lauren
Old 07-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Mine will generally run fine for a very long time. When it locks up, I check the temp of the heat sink and it's very hot. Maybe I'm wrong, but the two seem connected.

Lauren
An interesting bug was discovered today. It seems that if you bring up the Show Info optionbox and immediately move down, the 350 output would immediately crash.

I turned off the scrolling on the text at the bottom and made the buttons on the right be the item that's highlighted as default.

If you go to the first post, the hyperlink is there.

Lauren
Old 07-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
An interesting bug was discovered today. It seems that if you bring up the Show Info optionbox and immediately move down, the 350 output would immediately crash.

I turned off the scrolling on the text at the bottom and made the buttons on the right be the item that's highlighted as default.
Lauren
Also, something I've noticed is that if the system seems to crash a bit, run the Primary program that came with the PVR350 and change Allow VMR to Allow Overlay.

Lauren
Old 07-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Also, something I've noticed is that if the system seems to crash a bit, run the Primary program that came with the PVR350 and change Allow VMR to Allow Overlay.

Lauren
Just a minor update. I should have some time this weekend to get more done.

Just a few cosmetic changes, including a disk space indicator created by Nielm.

Lauren