SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Sage Expert

If you look at the screen shots at the beginning of this post, you will see that there is some sort of JAVA editor being used as well as an EXCEL sheet.

Hmmmmm.........maybe I should poke around a bit more and see what other programs they are using.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 07-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
If you look at the screen shots at the beginning of this post, you will see that there is some sort of JAVA editor being used as well as an EXCEL sheet.

Hmmmmm.........maybe I should poke around a bit more and see what other programs they are using.
The Java editor is the Studio interface. And I had an Excel spreadsheet open behind it. The only thing that corresponds to Sage is the Java Studio editor.....

Lauren
Old 07-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Deadbolt requested I add your fixes for the pvr350. What fixes are you still using?
Old 07-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by malore
Deadbolt requested I add your fixes for the pvr350. What fixes are you still using?
I changed the timescroll bar and made a couple of changes with the hooks in the MediaOSD menu. There are a few other tweaks here and there. You're welcome to talk about it via private discussion if you'd like.

I uploaded a new version with an attempt at getting some kind of Keyword favorite added. If you go to Favorites Manager, go to Keyword Favorite and look at the new menu.

It's a little incomplete, but if you hit "Record All," it will add a favorite using the format I intend to use. Hitting the "Done" button will cause Sage to put in Record requests for *all* shows with the search word. It will search by Title, Episode, and description.

That part's still alpha, but it's an indication of the possibility......

Lauren
Old 07-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Sage Expert

I think I may have the Keyword Favorites active.

The favorites should show up in your favorites listing starting with "**"

Let me know if it works for you. It seems to give the keyword listing a low priority making the other Favorites with higher priority.

This is just a temporary work around until Narflex implements Keyword Favorites (which I hope he will).

Lauren
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (128.9 KB, 384 views)
Old 07-17-2004, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Hitting the "Done" button will cause Sage to put in Record requests for *all* shows with the search word. It will search by Title, Episode, and description.
Awesome I ask about someone doing something like this is a puiblic post(in the customization forum) a while back. I'm gled to see someone with the needed skills/talent, had the same idea. I'm defintely going to have to try your newst STV out. I'm going to edit(right after this post) the thread's title to reflect your newest update, like I normally do.

However I think I'll edit the title to reflect that you have added keyword favorites to your STV. This is a signifigantly new feature to justify changing you STVs name, IMHO. I just want others who haven't yet tried your STV to be aware of this great new feature and help you perfect it. If you don't like the name change reflecting the addition of keyword favorites, let me know and I'll rename it back to your original name with just the date updated(just like I've been doing since you started).

/justme
Old 07-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by justme
Awesome I ask about someone doing something like this is a puiblic post(in the customization forum) a while back. I'm gled to see someone with the needed skills/talent, had the same idea. I'm defintely going to have to try your newst STV out. I'm going to edit(right after this post) the thread's title to reflect your newest update, like I normally do.

However I think I'll edit the title to reflect that you have added keyword favorites to your STV. This is a signifigantly new feature to justify changing you STVs name, IMHO. I just want others who haven't yet tried your STV to be aware of this great new feature and help you perfect it. If you don't like the name change reflecting the addition of keyword favorites, let me know and I'll rename it back to your original name with just the date updated(just like I've been doing since you started).

/justme
Thanks! I do appreciate it very much.

I remember asking Narflex to add Actor Favorites a while back (and he did --- ) so maybe he can add this as well. It can be a great feature which I miss from having a Tivo.....

Lauren
Old 07-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by laurenglenn
Thanks! I do appreciate it very much.

I remember asking Narflex to add Actor Favorites a while back (and he did --- ) so maybe he can add this as well. It can be a great feature which I miss from having a Tivo.....

Lauren
I made a few cosmetic changes and a couple of bug fixes. Airing Info now shows up in a new pop-up window.

More transparency is used and should show up very well on a PVR350.

http://download.sage.tv/users/lauren...aurenglenn.stv
Lauren
Old 07-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I made a few cosmetic changes and a couple of bug fixes. Airing Info now shows up in a new pop-up window.

More transparency is used and should show up very well on a PVR350.

http://download.sage.tv/users/lauren...aurenglenn.stv
Lauren
I started my DVD mods today. When playing a DVD, there will be an ID # printed on the OSD. Using this, you can create DVD logos (just like with the Show/Actor logos). Just make sure they're in the ChannelLogos directory under the "DVD" subdirectory.

Use the ID string given. For example, the Butterfly Effect Theatrical Cut DVD has an ID# of 4-22-6810000. In the path of ChannelLogos\DVD\, if there's a file called "4-22-6810000.jpg", it will display during playback.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 07-25-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

O, how I want Studio now! "New by Favorite" is essentially a Sage take on the TiVo Wishlist! Gimme, gimme, gimme! I want to be able to mix that feature into mlbdude's STV!!!
SageTV Client, Shuttle SN41G2V2, Athlon 2500+ XP Barton, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD, ATI9600 128MB, Linksys 802.11g, Win XP Pro, Sonic decoder
SageTV Client, Shuttle SN41G2V2, Athlon 1200, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Linksys 802.11g, Win XP Pro, Sonic decoder
Old 07-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by sleight42
O, how I want Studio now! "New by Favorite" is essentially a Sage take on the TiVo Wishlist! Gimme, gimme, gimme! I want to be able to mix that feature into mlbdude's STV!!!
I wish I could. You could ask Mlbdude to do it..... I'm pretty sure that Mlbdude has Studio.

Anyway, on a different note, I started the DVD mods as I posted before, but I also added a minor fix for the PVR350 owners out there.

If the PVR350 freezes up during playback, bring up the Options pop-up and hit Close. The screen from the PVR350 should go black. If it doesn't, wait until the screen does go black. To re-enable the 350 OSD, all you need to do is to jump back to the main menu. The main menu hook recently installed will turn your OSD back on. If you have OSD turned off through the Detailed Setup, it should not go back on.

Basically, the hook checks the IsPVR350Enabled variable to see if you wish it to be enabled. When the PVR350 OSD gets turned off because of a minor freeze, Sage reports that the OSD is still on (which is what the hook depends on to turn back on the OSD).

You can still use Custom1 to turn the OSD back on, but now you can also just jump back to the main menu.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 07-25-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by sleight42
Cute avatar, BTW! I'm guessing you have a Tabby that will sit still if you take a picture.... My little "terror" is a tabby too and he does the same thing.

L8r,
Lauren
Old 07-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Sage Expert

OK. I got a few more DVD mods in place.

Additions:

Changed OSD a little. Put most options like Next Chapter & Prev. Chapter next to FF and REW.

Buttons appear above timebar allowing you to change the audio, subtitles, and jump to the main menu. The Audio & Subtitles will display an OptionBox allowing you to change to the appropriate Audio & Subtitle respectively.

If multiple angles are present, an "Angle" button will appear.

I plan to change some of these buttons to pictures to make them look nicer. For now, they're just for functionality.

If Sage returns IsShowingDVDMenu (on a DVD Menu), the FF, REW, and Play buttons will turn into an Up/Down/Left/Right/Select display. For some reason, the STV sometimes shows the Menu selection arrows when a new chapter starts. I'll look at my STV to see if I can work around it.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 07-26-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
I downloaded the latest version of your STV and I love it. The only disadvantage that I can see is that somehow text from TV Guide is not disapearing imidietly, so if I scroll up or down sometime those texts that do not turn off overlaps other headings making them unreadable. the same thing with channel logos etc. I did notice it only in the TV Guide mode. other than that I like your STV a lot. Best feature is the watch TV button. I missed this from any other STV or the SageTV itself, I think this should be the default everywhere

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by chrysek
I downloaded the latest version of your STV and I love it. The only disadvantage that I can see is that somehow text from TV Guide is not disapearing imidietly, so if I scroll up or down sometime those texts that do not turn off overlaps other headings making them unreadable. the same thing with channel logos etc. I did notice it only in the TV Guide mode. other than that I like your STV a lot. Best feature is the watch TV button. I missed this from any other STV or the SageTV itself, I think this should be the default everywhere

Chris
Thanks!

I used to have that problem when 3D acceleration was turned on. On mine, it had something to do with VMR and my video card.

If you have a PVR350 it doesn't do that for the 350 UI. Let me know if that helps.... and thanks again for the kind words!

Lauren
Old 07-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Somehow it did not help. I have AGP ATI 8600 card to display my video to my TV, I dont use my 350 card for displaying video back to my TV. I have also two pvr-250 cards in but I dotnt think it could have any effect. I do not have 3D acceleration on, and I did play with VMR and Overlay but the same results... Any other suggestions? This is on my client PC so maybe that has to do with anything...

Thanks.

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:55 PM
SageTVaholic

enable color keying
with overlay rendering and turn off 3d acceleration
that will fix it

or turn on VMR9 rendering with 3d accelerationenabled
I found there seems to be no issues with using VMR9 rendering through a video card's svideo output

you know she is making this STV mostly for pvr 350 users
maybe you should consider looking into that option again
Old 08-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
enable color keying
with overlay rendering and turn off 3d acceleration
that will fix it

or turn on VMR9 rendering with 3d accelerationenabled
I found there seems to be no issues with using VMR9 rendering through a video card's svideo output

you know she is making this STV mostly for pvr 350 users
maybe you should consider looking into that option again
A few new updates:

* An additional airings popup displayed from a Favorite would cause Sage to lock up. This is now fixed.

* Search by Description, Search by Person, Search by Title would cause the same lock up, or would result in an empty popup window. This was fixed by passing different variables to the calling tables.

* Time bar on OSD display is now more translucent.

Lauren
Old 08-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Sage Expert

Favorite page was "slightly" redone. I converted the listings from displaying:

1. The Dead Zone FirstRuns
2. Whose Line Is It Anyway ? FAM FirstRuns/Rerun

to:

The Dead Zone
FirstRuns Only

Whose Line is it Anyway?
Airing on Channel: FAM

FirstRuns/Reruns

Lauren
Old 08-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Favorite page was "slightly" redone. I converted the listings from displaying:

1. The Dead Zone FirstRuns
2. Whose Line Is It Anyway ? FAM FirstRuns/Rerun

to:

The Dead Zone
FirstRuns Only

Whose Line is it Anyway?
Airing on Channel: FAM

FirstRuns/Reruns

Lauren
New fixes:

When "Watch Now" is selected, the system has a hook installed to ask if you want to cancel the current recording. Hopefully, that will stop the system from stopping with an error messagebox.

Lauren