SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
100th Reply!

OK. Minor fixes in this release.

1) The "Delete Now" button will now delete all the Comskip text files that go with each MPG file that is deleted.

2) Custom2 command in LiveTV will perform the following commands: Close File + Turn off/on PVR350 UI + Jump back to Main Menu + Turn off/on PVR350 UI.

The reason for #2 was that this combination seems to get back the UI on the PVR350 for me when it crashes mid-stream in a file (possibly due to overheating). If the UI doesn't back on, wait about a minute and you should see the UI reappear if you go back to the Main Menu.

3) Weather module was converted to a pop-up window. An additional entry will come up in the Options menu during LiveTV to allow you to display the weather forcast.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 09-09-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Sage Expert

New fixes for 9/11/2004:

When adding or changing Library or Video directories, the STV would change the screen and not accept the new directory.

Lauren
Old 09-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by laurenglenn
New fixes for 9/11/2004:

When adding or changing Library or Video directories, the STV would change the screen and not accept the new directory.

Lauren
Fixes for 9/12/2004:

1) Noticed something when I had to reinstall XP. Some dialogs would not show all options in the Options Popup menus. This was due to the dialog being set as Vertical instead of Vertical Grid.

2) Started implementation of Malore's Closed Captioning. Sage will extract CC data only from DVD compliant streams with a PVR250 or PVR350 if you enable ClosedCaptioning in the Registry. You will need version 0.3 of MPG2SRT.EXE (which is now included in the laurenglenn.zip file). Put this in your WINDOWS directory or any other directory set in the Windows's PATH environment variable.

CC extraction is tied into the Commercial Detect right now. I will sever the two when I get CC fully active. But for now, if you hit "Commercial Detect (by Malore)" in any of the menus, CC extraction will also occur.

Known issues soon to be fixed:

1) For CC when it is active, I will have Custom3 set to display the CC window and Custom4 will reload the CC data.

2) Recordings and Recording Schedule wrap vertically in grid of 2x2. This will be fixed soon.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 09-12-2004 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Sage Expert

Also, "Delete Now" menu option will also delete the SRT and SMI files generated by MPG2SRT for Closed Captioning.

Lauren
Old 09-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by laurenglenn
Also, "Delete Now" menu option will also delete the SRT and SMI files generated by MPG2SRT for Closed Captioning.

Lauren
Fixes for 9/18/2004:

Changed the current highlighted cell to draw a rotating rectangle around the item, instead of coloring the cell in with a lighter color. -- This makes it easier to spot items.

Lauren
Old 09-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Sage User

locking up

i was using another stv because for whatever reason sage would lock up on me while watching a show when using your stv. this happens with other STVs occasionally, typically when I'm ffw due to the known 350 driver/heat bugs but this one happens at random times with no ffw happening. i tried the most recent update and it is still happening. at first I thought it was because I removed the weather executable but I put everything back and still locks up. it seems to have started happening when the commercial detection was added but not sure if that would be the cause. I have those settings disabled. is there an error log I can look for to get some ideas?

another question you may be able to help with, is there a setting in the sage.properties file where I can disable the osd when ffw/rw or is that something specific to your stv?

or do you have a version of your stv that doesn't include the weather and commercial detection features? thanks.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Sage Expert

Re: locking up

Quote:
Originally posted by ebrizo
i was using another stv because for whatever reason sage would lock up on me while watching a show when using your stv. this happens with other STVs occasionally, typically when I'm ffw due to the known 350 driver/heat bugs but this one happens at random times with no ffw happening. i tried the most recent update and it is still happening. at first I thought it was because I removed the weather executable but I put everything back and still locks up. it seems to have started happening when the commercial detection was added but not sure if that would be the cause. I have those settings disabled. is there an error log I can look for to get some ideas?

another question you may be able to help with, is there a setting in the sage.properties file where I can disable the osd when ffw/rw or is that something specific to your stv?

or do you have a version of your stv that doesn't include the weather and commercial detection features? thanks.
I'll look into the FF/REW problem. I don't seem to have experienced that, but I used to get lockups during LiveTV playback. If you can give me a little time to look into it, I should have something soon.

In about 10 minutes, I'm going to upload a new version. With this, if you want to disable the Commercial Detection, you can turn this off by changing:

commercial_auto_skip = false

This can also be done during playback by bringing up the Options Menu.

You can also add the following line to your Sage.Properties file:

laurenglenn/OSDDisableForFF = true

Let me know if that works for you.

Lauren
Old 09-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Sage Expert

Today: 9/19/2004

Fixed a bug in the Recordings menu that would keep Refreshing the screen, causing the CPU usage to jump to 90%.

The cell that is selected on the main menu's Upcoming Recordings, EPG, Sage Recordings - now have the rotating gradient rectangle to highlight which cell is selected.

I added an option to the Options Menu of both the EPG and Sage Recordings pages to allow dynamic changes to the grid size. It may not update until you leave the menu and come back.... this will be fixed to automatically redraw when I can find a work-around.

Lauren
Old 09-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Sage User

tried the latest version and i set it to watch live tv, walked out for about 30 minutes and when I got back it was locked. i went ahead and wiped out sage again, deleted everything except for wiz.bin and reinstalled, still happens. i had commercial detect disabled in the detailed setup and in the menu watching a recorded show (right-click menu) but no luck.

reconfigured maldude stv which outside of the weekly ffw lockup (it would probably happen more often but I ffw carefully/slowly which is unfortunately necessary) works fine so still not sure what could be causing the lockup. thanks for trying though.

it appears all I really need is the ability to disable osd display when rewinding or fast forwarding but it looks as if yours is the only stv with that feature so hopefully one day I can get it to work. thanks.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrizo
tried the latest version and i set it to watch live tv, walked out for about 30 minutes and when I got back it was locked. i went ahead and wiped out sage again, deleted everything except for wiz.bin and reinstalled, still happens. i had commercial detect disabled in the detailed setup and in the menu watching a recorded show (right-click menu) but no luck.

reconfigured maldude stv which outside of the weekly ffw lockup (it would probably happen more often but I ffw carefully/slowly which is unfortunately necessary) works fine so still not sure what could be causing the lockup. thanks for trying though.

it appears all I really need is the ability to disable osd display when rewinding or fast forwarding but it looks as if yours is the only stv with that feature so hopefully one day I can get it to work. thanks.
I'll keep looking into it. I haven't yet noticed any lockups on my end other than the same I get from the other STVs.

Fixes for 9/26/2004:
1) Weather module has been repaired. It wouldn't load data if the GetWeather.EXE file were used. Also, if the XML site were reporting a chance of percipitation, the subsequent days would show up incorrectly (or not at all).

2) Added Bitrate and MPEG size details to the Recording Quality dialog box. For example, it would show:

Best 6000kpbs 720x480

3) I'm working on an EPG for LiveTV display that is like the one I've heard people like from Tivo. It's far from complete and doesn't fully work with the mouse when selecting channels, but it will be more functional a few days from now.

Lauren
Old 09-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Sage Expert

New fixes:

Updated COMSKIP.EXE located in the full ZIP file which can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this post. This new version of COMSKIP 0.31 works very well and uses new techniques for better commercial detection.

New COMSKIP.EXE (written by Jere_Jones) can be downloaded from here:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...59640#poststop

Changes made to COMSKIP detection to hopefully allow COMSKIP to run (and work) on files that are located in a different drive than Sage is.

Also, commercial file parsing has been fixed to prevent re-reading of the file after commercials have been detected in all segments. Previous versions would constantly re-read the file(s) causing higher CPU %. In a file with multiple segments, Sage will still update the commercial display after each segment has been parsed.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 09-29-2004 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenglenn
New fixes:

Updated COMSKIP.EXE located in the full ZIP file which can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this post. This new version of COMSKIP 0.31 works very well and uses new techniques for better commercial detection.

New COMSKIP.EXE (written by Jere_Jones) can be downloaded from here:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...59640#poststop

Changes made to COMSKIP detection to hopefully allow COMSKIP to run (and work) on files that are located in a different drive than Sage is.

Also, commercial file parsing has been fixed to prevent re-reading of the file after commercials have been detected in all segments. Previous versions would constantly re-read the file(s) causing higher CPU %. In a file with multiple segments, Sage will still update the commercial display after each segment has been parsed.

Lauren
Update for tonight:

I noticed that the COMSKIP was working great for manual COMSKIP detection, but Sleep mode would not properly generate commercial skip for the newest version of Comskip 0.31

This has now been fixed for sleep mode.

EDIT: A minor fix to the sleep mode.... The code I copied from the Manual update had a slight variable naming difference to avoid conflict with the Upcoming Recordings/Current Recording tab on the main screen. This caused the COMSKIP to not execute.... Fix one bug and another one always comes up.... That's programming for you....

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 09-30-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Sage Expert

Fixes and new "features":

Fixed Background processing (Awake mode). It would sometimes not process any files at all in Awake (and sometimes Sleep mode). This has now been fixed. It should now also process all shows that are over 1 hr old when in Awake mode.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 10-04-2004 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Fixes and new "features":

Fixed Background processing (Awake mode). It would sometimes not process any files at all in Awake (and sometimes Sleep mode). This has now been fixed. It should now also process all shows that are over 1 hr old when in Awake mode.

Lauren
New update: 10/7/2004

Fixed background and Live COMSKIP processing. It now will constantly run in a loop with delay timers so CPU usage doesn't get too high. Also, it will parse through all files in the Library/Sage Recordings, and will generate a commercial listing IF the file is a complete recording.

Minor fix: The SageTV logo put back into the STV overlapped the back arrow on the top. This caused the Back arrow to not work with the mouse.

Lauren
Old 10-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
New update: 10/7/2004

Fixed background and Live COMSKIP processing. It now will constantly run in a loop with delay timers so CPU usage doesn't get too high. Also, it will parse through all files in the Library/Sage Recordings, and will generate a commercial listing IF the file is a complete recording.

Minor fix: The SageTV logo put back into the STV overlapped the back arrow on the top. This caused the Back arrow to not work with the mouse.

Lauren
Quick update for 10/8/2004:

Added a Custom5 command from the Main Menu to force COMSKIP background checking to start. Sometimes if Sage crashed and the program was forced to close, the Global Variable would be set and Sage would think that COMSKIP was already in progress.

Also changed the detection code that determines if COMSKIP is running. If you have not gone to the Main Menu in 3 hours and COMSKIP is not running, it will start auto detection. This allows the Auto Detect to resume if the system crashes, if you load another STV, or if Sage is closed and then restarted. If you close Sage and restart, use the Custom5 to restart auto-background detection.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 10-08-2004 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Quick update for 10/8/2004:

Added a Custom5 command from the Main Menu to force COMSKIP background checking to start. Sometimes if Sage crashed and the program was forced to close, the Global Variable would be set and Sage would think that COMSKIP was already in progress.

Also changed the detection code that determines if COMSKIP is running. If you have not gone to the Main Menu in 3 hours and COMSKIP is not running, it will start auto detection. This allows the Auto Detect to resume if the system crashes, if you load another STV, or if Sage is closed and then restarted. If you close Sage and restart, use the Custom5 to restart auto-background detection.

Lauren
I noticed that with the 3hr window I just put in that if you close Sage during ComSkip, or if it crashes, that it won't continue Comskip background detection until the Main Menu is refreshed.

Code has been added that if you're within that 2hr window, it will pause for 6 minutes and then retry the check. This way, if you're system reboots or the above happens, Comskip will still resume.

Lauren
Old 10-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I noticed that with the 3hr window I just put in that if you close Sage during ComSkip, or if it crashes, that it won't continue Comskip background detection until the Main Menu is refreshed.

Code has been added that if you're within that 2hr window, it will pause for 6 minutes and then retry the check. This way, if you're system reboots or the above happens, Comskip will still resume.

Lauren
New addition for 10/11/2004:

Logo display for Actors/Shows/DVD has been changed to reflect the "epg/logo_dir" property in the Sage.Properties file. This was done to prevent problems if Sage started to use the %CLASSPATH% environment variable in Windows instead of the directory where SageTV.exe is located.

Lauren
Old 10-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Sage Expert

Implemented automatic Favorites backup.... When you go to the Main Menu, the system will write all the Favorites to the Registry. Go to Schedule Recordings -> Favorite Manager, click on Restore from Registry to load all the favorites back in.

It's set to post the fields of the favorite that can be set by my STV and a few other fields like AutoDelete, TimeSlot, Network, Channel Number, etc.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 10-13-2004 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Sage Expert

Updated user interface and a few tweaks here and there.

I'm trying to modernize it a bit without being too over the top. A few of the menus will cascade, and I'm working on the other ones.

Let me know what you think.....

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 10-23-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:12 PM
SageTVaholic

lauren is yours now compatible with 2.1?
I am sure I could use it but the fast STV switching is really nice