SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
lauren is yours now compatible with 2.1?
I am sure I could use it but the fast STV switching is really nice
I'm currently running 2.1 and it runs just fine for me.

I'm trying to get some of the XML customizations that I've seen Nielm do put in there somehow. The STV is still being updated and as soon as I can get some time, I'll put much more in there than there is now. I'm going to try to keep the XML format similar to Nielm's so that users can switch from one STV to another without having to reconfigure.

Now that I've got a general idea of the new interface and have seen some screenshots of music interfaces that I like... I may finally get something done with the music interface that I've wanted to do for a while....

But, for the most part, you do have access to 2.1's Keyword favorites feature and CC support. Hopefully, future builds will allow for the capture of right-click so I can add custom context menus (like with the Windows right-click).... There will be alot more going into this STV....

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 10-24-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Sage Expert

Well, it's official. Due to lack of interest lately in this thread (mainly the fact that the last 20 or so posts in the past month were 95% mine -- and the fact that I barely have time to update it), this STV will no longer be supported. I had fun making it and I thank all of you who used it and/or showed support for me.

Hopefully, some of you who have or get Studio will find some use in the STV I tried to customize and have as much fun making your own as I did with mine.

Lauren
Old 10-31-2004, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry to hear this Lauren. I totally understand how much work it takes to keep these STV updated (learning quickly).

Out of curiosity, anything notable in your STV I might want to grab/copy for my STV?

Carlo (the buzzard)
Old 10-31-2004, 02:49 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Sorry to hear this Lauren. I totally understand how much work it takes to keep these STV updated (learning quickly).

Out of curiosity, anything notable in your STV I might want to grab/copy for my STV?

Carlo (the buzzard)
Personally, if there were one thing I'd like copied out of this STV, I'd take the COMSKIP routines. They allow for multiple segments to have COMSKIP information and it calculates the start & stop times for all commercials in all segments.

I did love the Actor/Show logos, but that's probably just a personal thing.

Lauren

P.S. Take anything you'd like from it. There's no point in killing yourself re-inventing the wheel.... All the STV's here have their own highlights... Plus, it's the best way to learn... At least for me it was.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:16 PM
Sage Expert

I personally liked the idea of actor/show logos, but I never figured out how you got the actual actor/show files
Old 10-31-2004, 03:33 PM
Sage Expert

Do a search on google.com or go to the channel's web site. Any picture will show in the OSD.

Lauren
Old 10-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenglenn
Personally, if there were one thing I'd like copied out of this STV, I'd take the COMSKIP routines. They allow for multiple segments to have COMSKIP information and it calculates the start & stop times for all commercials in all segments.
Already got that, and you're right it is very nice!

Carlo
Old 03-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Sage Expert

http://download.sage.tv/users/laurenglenn

It supports TV logos, channel logos, actor logos.

I've started to get back into updating my STV and I'd appreciate any comments anyone should have.

Old 03-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

any other screen shots? pretty neat, where do you get the show logos?
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 03-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this
any other screen shots? pretty neat, where do you get the show logos?
Thank you....

I'm updating the web page gradually. There are still a few more cosmetic changes I wanted to make, so as they're done, the web site will be updated.

You just need to put a JPG file into the appropriate directory. There are ones for Actor, TV, etc.

When Sage tries to display a favorite, a program description during LiveTV or in any menu, or any items in the Sage Recordings menu, it will show the logo.

What I'm going to try to do this time is to put ZIP files with show and actor logos onto my webpage. This way, you won't have to create ones from scratch or if you make improvements to one, I can share it with everyone.

Lauren
Old 03-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Sage Expert

I added in Nielm's plugin for messaging popups.

Details can be found here:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...0&postcount=33
Old 03-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Sage Expert

OK. There were a few bugs fixed in this release. Mainly problems when selecting DVD Audio Renderers and the like. Everytime you fix one thing, another bug always pops up.

Other fixes:
Selecting Schedule Recordings brought up the Setup menu. This has been fixed.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenglenn
OK. There were a few bugs fixed in this release. Mainly problems when selecting DVD Audio Renderers and the like. Everytime you fix one thing, another bug always pops up.

Other fixes:
Selecting Schedule Recordings brought up the Setup menu. This has been fixed.
One addition made to this release that I wanted to add:

You can now specify Actor and Title favorites *even if* it is not found in a search. There is a "Manual Add" button that can be hit to force the system to add the favorite. You may find this useful when you see a preview for a show on TV that's not going to air for 3 weeks. This way, you can set the Favorite NOW and it will record as normal.

I'm not sure if it allows for wildcards; it may have to be an exact match to work. If you want to use wildcards, you can use the Keyword favorites menu.

Lauren
Old 03-16-2005, 04:02 AM
Sage Expert

A few new updates here:

I added some Show Logos to the ZIP file, so you can see the effect when browsing for shows.

BTW, if you're looking for Show Logos, you can use Google.com 's image search. I found quite a few good ones there quickly.

Other changes:
Removed the fade-in/fade-out for now. It seemed to slow down the display on the 350 as well as on my monitor.

Added a secondary time display bar. It seemed pointless to have all the mouse buttons available when you're using the remote. If you set Show Mouse Icons to Disabled, it will display just a simple time bar at the bottom. Otherwise, you can hit Info again on your remote to cycle from (1) Show Info/MediaPlayer timebar, (2) MediaPlayer Timebar, (3) simple timbar, (4) blank screen.

Lauren
Old 03-17-2005, 03:31 AM
Sage Expert

I recently added Nielm's XML Menu configuration to my STV. The inclusion is preliminary and seems to work fairly well.

There are a few more modules to add to make it more functional like Cayars's STV, but for now, you should be able to add and move around menus.....

Changes:
* Nielm's XML configuration menus
* Changes timebar display to display either simple time bar/skinned time bar in Options menu
* Fixed minor bug in COMSKIP routine in STV

Lauren
Old 03-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

I'm going to have an opportunity to do some more testing this weekend (hopefully...) so I'll report back then.

Congratulations on some great progress!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks! I look forward to hearing what you think.

---------------------------------------------------

Here's a view of the new main menu:

Changes:

Cayar's Mini-Guide is now displayed during file playback/LiveTV. Clicking on the bar will display show information and will allow recording, scheduling, and other information.

Other menus added from other STV's that were missing from earlier build.

User interface organized to show menu logos next to item selections instead of on the side of the screen.

Fixes:
With new XML menu scheme, the thread for background commercial detection was not being called. The command used to jump to Nielm's XML menu scheme was being done before the comskip thread could be started. This has been fixed.

Seperated the Logos from the main ZIP to keep the ZIP file small.

Any questions or problems? Let me know....

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 03-18-2005 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:37 AM
Sage Expert

Well.... I had to watch Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis tonight, so the build I intended to upload tonight isn't finished yet....

But, I started tweaking the Music Library menu to *try* to make it an independent entity. This way, you can control the playback of the files, adjust volume, add new tracks to playlists, and the like.....

Here's a teaser pic:

And one with the screen menu extended.....

I love these late nite sessions....

Something will be uploaded on Saturday afternoon EST.

Lauren
Old 03-19-2005, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Well.... I had to watch Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis tonight, so the build I intended to upload tonight isn't finished yet....
That's no excuse! You knew they were both 2 part-ers. So you should have just let Sage record them and watch all 4 episodes(2 for each) next friday. Then you could have worked more on your STV.

Seriously the pics of the audio library look nice. Can't wait to try it out. I like the fact that your STV has always had a different style than most.

Thanks,
justme

Last edited by justme; 03-19-2005 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme
That's no excuse! You knew they were both 2 part-ers. So you should have just let Sage record them and watch all 4 episodes(2 for each) next friday. Then you could have worked more on your STV.

Seriously the pics of the audio library look nice. Can't wait to try it out. I like the fact that your STV has always had a different style than most.

Thanks,
justme
Thanks for the kind words....

Anticipation is not a good thing for me when SciFi Fridays is on. The latest I wait is until 8:45 and then I start to watch it with Sage (and Comskip auto-detect turned on in sleep and awake modes). By the time SG1 finishes recording at 9pm, it's recording Atlantis AND starting to comskip SG1. As it finds the commercials midstream, the bottom bar automatically updates and it skips the commercials (even if it's not finished).... When I'm done watching SG1, Atlantis is done AND Comskip already ran on it. Comskip is a wonderful thing!

Now, I'm uploading what I have done so far. This way, I can watch SG1 again and take a break.

Lauren

P.S..... When I went to reply to your post, I saw that this thread hit 10,000 views....

Last edited by laurenglenn; 03-21-2005 at 05:34 AM.